Sofia Coppola In Marc Jacobs – amfAR Inspiration Night Paris

Sofia Coppola attended the amfAR Inspiration Night Paris at Maxim’s in Paris, France, yesterday evening.

The director is more used to dressing in sombre colours, but there is one man who can break her out of her comfort zone and that’s her designer pal Marc Jacobs.

Her honeybee Resort 2013 look consisted of a yellow sweater and pencil skirt with contrasting blue sequin-embroidered stripes.

Going down the matchy route, she added a colour-block plexy clutch in the same colour combo plus black strappy Celine sandals to complete her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain's Monique Lhuillier Hi-Lo Sleeveless Lace Dress

Jessica Chastain’s Monique Lhuillier Hi-Lo Sleeveless Lace Dress

Victoria Beckham In Celine - LAX

Victoria Beckham In Celine – LAX

12 Responses to Sofia Coppola In Marc Jacobs – amfAR Inspiration Night Paris

1. Lee June 29, 2012 at 15:42 #

Oh my goodness she looks like a colorful zebra crossing. Can’t believe this is Marc Jacobs.. I think the ensemble is ill fitted and it looks like she made zero effort with her hair and make up.

• Jess2 July 1, 2012 at 12:38 #

I completely agree Lee. This is not a good look.

2. Andrea June 29, 2012 at 15:46 #

Cool dress on a cool woman. Very wasp-chic!

3. gabis June 29, 2012 at 16:00 #

I LOVE the color but embroidered stripes on both pieces are just too much for me to take. I wish she had opted for one of the pieces only. I’m crazy about that gorgeous clutch. As for the shoes, nothing outstanding, she could’ve opted for something better, but I’m glad they’re discreet and far from trying to overpower a look that already has a lot much going on from the ankles up.

4. Rebecca Z June 29, 2012 at 16:01 #

These dresses are adorable, but it kind of overwhelms her. She might have looked better in the raspberry one because of the collar.

5. Molly June 29, 2012 at 16:10 #

Very playful for Sofia – I like it! I think that asking for more interesting shoes (but at least these aren’t pumps) or more polished make-up might be too much, so I will just say I like the color and the attitude of the dress. Sofia has her own style, and she is already out of her comfort zone with the dress and clutch. Love the clutch.

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) June 29, 2012 at 16:27 #

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

• CreoleLady June 30, 2012 at 20:18 #

Both your comment and the dress crack me up, lol. How could I have missed this, er, departure from Coppola’s rather more restrained norm? If a friend of mine put me in something like this, I’d have to question the friendship, lmao.

7. dee June 29, 2012 at 16:48 #

I like this alot more on her than on the models. Nice outfit.

8. Marybeth June 29, 2012 at 17:02 #

It’s nice to see her stepping outside the box but
    I just don’t like the dress. I might have liked it more if the hem were at or above the knee.

• Christine June 29, 2012 at 21:31 #

9. Glenda July 3, 2012 at 21:46 #

Sofia has totally redeemed herself at the Louis Vuitton party and the Chanel couture show today. Even though I don’t particularly hate this yellow ensemble, her looks today are so much more “her”. She truly is class personified…