29.06.12 Sidewalk Style

Alexa Chung’s Miu Miu Cherry Sandals

When you think of Wimbledon you think of The Wombles, tennis and strawberries, but Alexa Chung had another fruit on her mind (well, feet) when she was spotted posing outside the Evian Suite during the Wimbledon championship in London yesterday afternoon.

Dressed in a cute black Orla Kiely halter dress with velvet trims including a bow accent, the look was made more fun when styled with Miu Miu cherry flat sandals.

After a quick search I couldn’t find strawberry sandals either, so I guess this was the best fruit du jour accessory she could find.

Deciding against using a brush for the occasion, Alexa completed her look with cool shades and a raffia tote.

These fruity sandals have also been spotted on Anna Dello Russo.

You can buy Alexa’s Miu Miu sandals from Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Getty

16 Comments
Elizabeth Olsen's The Row Brick Felt Jacket And The Row Brick Trousers

Elizabeth Olsen’s The Row Brick Felt Jacket And The Row Brick Trousers

Rose Byrne In Valentino - 'Damages' Season 5 Premiere

Rose Byrne In Valentino – ‘Damages’ Season 5 Premiere

16 Responses to Alexa Chung’s Miu Miu Cherry Sandals

1. Fanny June 29, 2012 at 12:16 #

“Deciding against using a brush for the occasion…” haha!
    The shoes are ubercute though.

• Rebecca Z June 29, 2012 at 15:54 #

I enjoyed the remark about the hairbrush too–it was just what I was thinking, though not nearly so cleverly expressed! I think the dress is adorable and the shoes are too. The bag I can live without, but this is one of the few instances in which I can say that I pretty much like the way she looks.

2. Yeliz June 29, 2012 at 12:35 #

No comment on her hair. The dress is ok and the shoes are a quirky touch.

3. Ancika June 29, 2012 at 12:54 #

all i can see is anorexia nervosa :(

• mikayla June 29, 2012 at 14:42 #

I really hate comments likes these. It’s not just the bodies that promote eating disorders, it’s the comments that are made about them.
      Alexa is clearly incredibly skinny, but that does not mean she has a serious disease.

• Ancika June 29, 2012 at 17:57 #

i’m sorry mikayla, but it really looks like she’s sick, i cannot not comment on such an obvious thing. and as chloe below has said: ‘It’s very hard to comment on someone’s outfit when the body its adorning is so clearly unhealthy.’.

• Carmen June 30, 2012 at 00:23 #

• Ancika June 30, 2012 at 11:49 #

I do hope it’s true what she says in interviews that she’s not anorexic, of course. I’m not evil. :)

• Sea June 30, 2012 at 02:32 #

I’m unsure of her case, but you need to bear in mind that some people are naturally thin and they try but have a hard time to gain weight. For these people, calling them out is as hurtful as doing it to overweight people.

4. Christine June 29, 2012 at 13:14 #

Fug.

5. Chloe June 29, 2012 at 15:17 #

It’s very hard to comment on someone’s outfit when the body its adorning is so clearly unhealthy. She looks very frail.

• Valerie June 29, 2012 at 17:53 #

I agree.. I like the outfit and especially the sandals, but they seem so big under her frail legs.

6. elaine2 June 29, 2012 at 16:03 #

love the sandals – but —- are they too long for her foot?

7. Tea June 30, 2012 at 00:26 #

I like the shoes. And I like the dress. But I don’t like the shoes with the dress or the bag with the dress or the dress for the occasion either. And I think she made the wrong decision with her hair too…

8. chris June 30, 2012 at 15:07 #

i do love the sandals, i wish some teen celebrity would wear something like that instead of high heels, but as you said above, they seem too large for her feet and i dont know why she keeps on choosing footwear that looks so heavy with her skinny legs…

9. Jess2 July 1, 2012 at 14:04 #

I like the dress but that is the only I like about this look.