Mischa Barton In Luisa Beccaria – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

I can’t say I am much a fan of Mischa Barton’s style, but she did look very pretty whilst attending the annual Serpentine Gallery summer party held in Hyde Park, London, on Tuesday evening.

Dressed in a floor-sweeping Luisa Beccaria Spring 2012 gown, I would say this is the best she has looked in a very long while.

Her lightly lemon ruffled frock with a sheer yoke was styled with a shoulder bag, which I wish she’d carried as a clutch, a bold red lip colour, and a chic updo.

As much as I think this is an improvement style-wise, the gown would’ve looked better for me with the runway belt.

Hit or miss?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Florence Welch In Julien Macdonald - Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala

Florence Welch In Julien Macdonald – Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala

Lea Michele's Dolce & Gabbana Court Shoe Pumps

Lea Michele’s Dolce & Gabbana Court Shoe Pumps

18 Responses to Mischa Barton In Luisa Beccaria – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

1. Quinn June 28, 2012 at 11:15 #

that’s definitely a hit! she looks good and healthy.

2. Paulo June 28, 2012 at 11:17 #

I agree, I would’ve like to have seen the belt on Mischa. But on the pic that was run by The Cut (link below), I think she looked great without the belt.

3. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 11:30 #

I agree with you, FC. I’m not a fan of her style either, but she looks lovely here. I also agree that it could have been better with the belt.

4. Fiona June 28, 2012 at 12:16 #

She was so out in the wilderness for so long, it is good to see her getting back into the groove. I like her hair brown, and this dress is very pretty and I get that she has boho’d it out to her style, but I personally miss the runway belt too. I think she is quite pear-shaped so perhaps the belt drew attention to that too much ….? Love the red lip.

5. Rash June 28, 2012 at 12:32 #

I am missing the belt.. :(
    But good she skipped it, she wouldn’t have been able to carry it of ! Agree with the bag part too!
    Nevertheless shez looking beautiful :)

6. Emi June 28, 2012 at 12:51 #

It could be a hit but I agree with you about the belt. The dress is a bit ordinary without it. And a shoulder bag on a kinda red carpet is not a good idea. I like the red lips, anyway.

7. What Is The New Black June 28, 2012 at 12:58 #

Thank you for featuring Mischa, you don’t see her much on the carpet/at events nowadays, so it’s always interesting to see what she wears the few times she does make an appearance. I agree; she should’ve kept the belt, but it’s still a pretty dress!

8. Nat June 28, 2012 at 13:55 #

I think I read somewhere that she recently hired a new stylist?
    Well, if it’s true it is working, as you say this is the best she has looked in a long while.
    However, I miss the runway belt and I don’t like that bag with it.

9. Christine June 28, 2012 at 14:42 #

Well, it could have been worse. This is a much improved look on Mischa. So a hit!

• Alina June 28, 2012 at 16:08 #

I agree.

Also, Luisa Beccaria isn’t worn enough on the RC.

10. SS June 28, 2012 at 14:51 #

This is a really pretty look. Works better on her without the belt. Looks more comfortable and gives off a soothing, relaxed vibe.

11. Cindy June 28, 2012 at 15:15 #

Definitely miss the belt.

12. Shaina June 28, 2012 at 17:43 #

Wow, it’s crazy how much of a difference the belt would have made here.

13. Nat39 June 28, 2012 at 19:45 #

If she opted out of wearing a belt, I wish she’d carried a clutch in the colour of the runway belt and added a gold bracelet.

14. Annel June 28, 2012 at 22:47 #

Missing the belt, yes. Btw that collection has some really georgeous romantic dresses in it! Didn’t even know the designer before.

15. Tea June 29, 2012 at 01:19 #

Agree on the belt and clutch…though since it’s such an improvement I don’t want to complain :D And the dress is beautiful!

16. Saara June 29, 2012 at 07:02 #

She looks good. But take off the strap of your bag and tie it around your waist, please. So yes, missing the belt.

17. Jess2 June 30, 2012 at 04:56 #

I haven’t seen much of Mischa for a while, she looks fantastic!! Beautiful and healthy :) I like this look as it is but the belt would have been a great addition.