28.06.12

Florence Welch joined Princess Beatrice on the red carpet last night for the Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala, held at the Old Selfridges Hotel in London.

The singer wore a Julien Macdonald gown from the designer’s yet-to-be-seen Fall 2012 collection.

Her black gown with a sheer skirt is enriched with black glass fringes along the nude tulle sleeves and the plunging neckline.

A black tassel-accented clutch, a Bulgari Serpenti ring and black ankle-strap heels accessorize her look.

The only pop of colour, sans her flame-coloured hair, come via her lips and nail polish.

Do this look get you excited to see more of the Julien Macdonald Fall 2012 collection?

Credit: Getty

Blake Lively In Gucci - ‘Savages’ New York Premiere

Blake Lively In Gucci – ‘Savages’ New York Premiere

Mischa Barton In Luisa Beccaria - The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Mischa Barton In Luisa Beccaria – The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

12 Responses to Florence Welch In Julien Macdonald – Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala

1. Alina June 28, 2012 at 10:04 #

Her hair looks stunning in the close-up picture.

2. Nat June 28, 2012 at 10:04 #

I love Florence, but this gown is not very flattering on her: it makes her look really boxy and the top part and the proportions are off.
    Plus, I get it that it’s quite rainy in London, but still…this doesn’t feel very season-appropriate.

• Malinda Jane June 28, 2012 at 13:17 #

I agree completely. This does nothing for her shape. It makes her waist look thick, her hips small and her shoulders huge. Not good!
      A beautiful dress, but not season appropriate or figure-flattering.

3. Dan Oliver June 28, 2012 at 10:22 #

I love Florence I think she looks great as usual she looks fresh and young.

4. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 10:38 #

I might have preferred this look if the skirt was not sheer or without the skirt, but then it would have been too short. I also think that a updo would have been better. Actually, I don’t think that this is her best look.

5. firien June 28, 2012 at 10:44 #

I wanna like this look, but I can’t. The sheer skirt is jarring.

6. asherlev1 June 28, 2012 at 11:22 #

You know, lately, everything from Florence *feels* the same to me. I know she’s not actually wearing the exact same gowns time after time, but it feels like it. Even Taylor Swift never bored me this much.

7. Maria June 28, 2012 at 12:25 #

I love Florence so much, but I really dislike this dress… I hope she has chosen something else.

Her gown is actually from the Bespoke A/W 2012 Collection ;) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.491620760854481.127523.221044431245450&type=1

8. pepe June 28, 2012 at 14:10 #

that dress looks unfinished

9. Christine June 28, 2012 at 14:44 #

I wish I could not have seen the nude panel of the dress. Hair and makeup I love.

10. Sam June 28, 2012 at 19:52 #

I think Florence looks fabulous. This is quite a sexy look for her. She looks very sophisticated

11. Jess2 June 30, 2012 at 04:44 #

I don’t really like the dress but I do like her hair and makeup