28.06.12

Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen – Fox News Studios

Between Blake Lively and Elizabeth Banks I’m in celebrity-dressing heaven this week.

Elizabeth was spotted leaving the Fox News Studios in New York City yesterday wearing a striking red Alexander McQueen dress.

When did red become so popular?

Her Fall 2012 knitted sleeveless skater dress with light pleats on her flared skirt was styled with fashion’s hottest property, a beaded Dannijo ‘Stella’ bow collar, instead of weighing her look down with jewels.

Once again Elizabeth has me lusting over her footwear choice as her Brian Atwood fuchsia lizard ‘Karin’ platform peep-toes are simply divine.

Light, barely-there makeup, tousled waves and natural nails completed her look.

You can buy Elizabeth’s Dannijo collar from Ssense.com.

Credit: PacificCoastNews

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Kate Moss In Alexander McQueen - Jade Jagger's Wedding

Kate Moss In Alexander McQueen – Jade Jagger’s Wedding

19 Responses to Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen – Fox News Studios

1. Ahot June 28, 2012 at 15:29 #

She has the oomph factor, a true movie star. I just love this woman & her sense of fashion. Like Diane Kruger she is one of those i am always happy to see , because she keeps things interesting.

• Christine June 29, 2012 at 13:54 #

I couldn’t agree more. Her style is just amazing! :D

• Jess2 July 1, 2012 at 08:20 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself! Love her and her style :)

2. Iris June 28, 2012 at 15:30 #

she so ENJOYS colour! it’s evident in every photograph. as an indian, i’m used to seeing/wearing a lot of colour, so this West-waking-up-to-the-wonders-of-colour amuses me no end :)

3. fromchi-town June 28, 2012 at 15:44 #

Love it – I look forward to her appearances because she surely delivers something fresh and does not fear wearing color. This vivid red is fantastic on her.

• admmgz June 28, 2012 at 17:14 #

4. Alina June 28, 2012 at 16:26 #

Amazing … as we’ve come to expect from her!

5. Rash June 28, 2012 at 17:16 #

Just completely wholly truly mindlessly adore her look :D
    Oh and how perfect is that beaded collar on that dress and love those peep-toes.
    Great styling.

6. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 17:30 #

This is gorgeous and interesting with the shoes and the collar. As someone said in a previous Elizabeth post, she is incapable of looking bad.
    I hope that she has movies to promote throughout the rest of the year, otherwise I really would miss her on the red carpet.

7. Ally June 28, 2012 at 17:33 #

Perfection! Another look in which I covet every single piece…

8. Jan June 28, 2012 at 17:35 #

That dress looks like some second-class Alaia rip-off

9. anne June 28, 2012 at 18:33 #

She looks like a Barbie doll! In a good way. I love her style!

10. dee June 28, 2012 at 19:13 #

I like everything but the shoes. I wish they were daintier.

• Nat39 June 28, 2012 at 20:19 #

Can´t quite get on board with the shoes either, way too bulky and feel more out of place rather than an unexpected interesting choice.
      The dress is adorable.

11. Rebecca Z June 28, 2012 at 19:21 #

Divine–she even makes fuschia shoes work with a red dress. She looks just great.

12. Heather June 28, 2012 at 20:14 #

I do love her fashion sense, but her haircolour is really off-putting for me – it’s so fake looking! Does anyone remember her in Seabiscuit with Jeff Bridges? She had the most lovely dark auburn hair, and with her blue eyes and fair complexion she just looked stunning. I wish she’d return to her natural colour, then she’d be a perfect 10 in my opinion.

13. Giuseppi Giraffe June 29, 2012 at 01:28 #

Great! I love this color on her and the collar is a good touch/

14. MoxieSue June 29, 2012 at 01:33 #

I love the dress and shoes separately, but I just can’t like red and fuchsia together.

15. Valeria June 29, 2012 at 05:27 #

All pieces are so disconnected, this look is not coming together at all. And I’d rather see black Pigalles any day on red carpet over stripper-inspired platform shoes, however colorful they are, the always weight looks down. Maybe it looked good in the mirror but doesn’t photograph well, but it’s a disaster