28.06.12

Blake Lively In Lanvin – ABC Studios

Yes, here we have another Blake Lively post.

In between a guest appearance on the ‘Charlie Rose’ show and strutting her stuff on the red carpet for the New York premiere for ‘Savages’ yesterday evening, Blake continued to promote her new movie at ABC Studios in New York City.

Despite many new pieces being readily available to her from the recent Resort 2013 collections, the star had the honour of Alber Elbaz creating a custom Lanvin look for her.

The bright pink cloqué silk dress with a bow at the waist does have a sickly sweet, cutesy feel to it, but she offsets that with edgy Christian Louboutin spiked heels.

I don’t hate this look, but it’s my least favourite so far.

You can buy Blake’s Christian Louboutin heels from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Barcroft Media

Miley Cyrus In Zimmermann - 8th Annual Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards

Miley Cyrus In Zimmermann – 8th Annual Australians In Film Breakthrough Awards

Salma Hayek In Altuzarra - Good Morning America

Salma Hayek In Altuzarra – Good Morning America

42 Responses to Blake Lively In Lanvin – ABC Studios

1. robbie June 28, 2012 at 15:58 #

she looks like a life size barbie.

• Valerie June 29, 2012 at 18:04 #

Exactly my thoughts.

2. Petra June 28, 2012 at 16:05 #

The dress would’ve been gorgeus had the bow been placed at the lower back and NOT in this color. The pink makes her look like a barbie doll.

3. Maddie Malone June 28, 2012 at 16:05 #

Usually I’m a fan of Blake’s looks but this dress looks cheap I dont like the fabric the bow looks awfull and the neckline falls weird.

• Christine June 29, 2012 at 13:51 #

Not my favorite Blake look for sure.

4. Anne g June 28, 2012 at 16:08 #

Barbie is alive. the dress is made for a 13 year old girl, too much pink. She should wear sandals with this dress because her shoes increased the figure.

Sorry for my english.

• Emi June 29, 2012 at 14:21 #

I agree with you, I also think that the fit is bad and I’m tired to see those heavy studded shoes worn with every kind of dress.

5. TL June 28, 2012 at 16:10 #

I still think she should hire a stylist. This is way too sugary for her, and I don’t like this pink color…

6. Sabina June 28, 2012 at 16:12 #

I actually love this look and though I agree it’s a tad too sweet, I appreciate the variety of looks she is giving us with this promotional tour and I am excited to see what she wears next!

• Sanette June 28, 2012 at 16:28 #

I’m glad she’s not afraid to try different things.

• Hisadora June 28, 2012 at 18:11 #

Totally agree. This dress is really very cute but I love it on her!!

• amparo June 28, 2012 at 21:16 #

Totally, totally agree!!

7. Leyla June 28, 2012 at 16:14 #

FC, i am wondering will Blake promote her SAVAGES all over the world or only in the US?

• Fashion Critic June 28, 2012 at 16:31 #

I hope she at least comes to europe

• Anita June 28, 2012 at 17:31 #

The international release date isn’t until September/October – so we have to wait :(.
      Unfortunately that’s when GG starts – so I’m not sure if she will be able to do the promo. She’s been unable to do international promo because of this so I doubt it.

8. Nat June 28, 2012 at 16:17 #

This is BY FAR my least favourite look from her.
    She looks like a gigantic Barbie.

The shape of the dress reminds me a bit of the Emma Stone MET dress. I wasn’t too keen of that in the first place, and I like this even less.
    This kinda of sweet/cutesy/girly dresses are not Lanvin’s best trick.

9. M. June 28, 2012 at 16:19 #

The cut reminds me of the Lanvin dress (also custom made) that Emma Stone wore at the Met Gala minus the crystal flowers.

Not the best Lanvin…

10. LizLemoooon June 28, 2012 at 16:25 #

I’m not exactly a Blake fan but I hope people aren’t complaining about the amount of posts. It’s film promo time and like other celebs she will be out and about a lot.

Anyway the outfit here is tragic. The problem I’ve always had with Blake is she tries too hard to be cutsey. She’s too tall and womanly looking for that to work. While this look just about worked on Emma Stone on Blake it looks like a Toddlers & Tiaras Halloween costume.
    I think if she wants to add whimsical elements to her outfits she should go for it but this kind of look is hard to pull off for most people let alone one that doesn’t have a girlish vibe to her.

• Ahot July 1, 2012 at 22:00 #

Ouch! You´re so right, but i do understand her: just like her i am a tall gal, & a sucker for this kind of look, even though i KNOW it suits the small-dainty-chinese-doll type best (GRRRR!.
      I can fell her pain lol
      PS: Your critic is the most honest & levelheaded for a non-Blakelover i´ve ever read on this site (or elsewhere). I had to comment because it´s the first time i come across someone who doesn´t like a celeb, but yet refrain to make childish, stupid, hurtful negative comments. :p

11. Anita June 28, 2012 at 16:28 #

I like it – it’s fun, cute and flirty and appropriate for the occasion. Nothing earth shattering. But I guess during an impressive run – this can be deemed the “weakest”. I appreciate the variety in her choices.

Btw FC – a full pic of her in the Marios Schwab dress is on Instyle UK if wanted to see it.

• Fashion Critic June 28, 2012 at 16:30 #

I have seen it but none of the picture agencies I use have the full length picture yet.

12. anita June 28, 2012 at 16:29 #

she’s going downhill fast

13. fromchi-town June 28, 2012 at 16:29 #

I might be in the minority here – but I love it. I admit the look is too Barbie – but the girl of the moment looks great in it.

14. Malinda Jane June 28, 2012 at 16:31 #

She already looks like a living Barbie doll, so this shade of pink on her is TOO MUCH!

The dress is cute and sweet, but very young. Like Elle Fanning, Sami Gayle young. It looks like it was custom made for a tween star, not Blake.

15. Betelgeuze June 28, 2012 at 16:33 #

Ew, my teeth actually hurts from looking at this. The only thing that’s missing is a pastel pink feathery boa.
    I LOVED her Zuhair Murad Couture gown, but this looks like something even an 8 year old girl may consider too bright and pinky.

16. Alina June 28, 2012 at 16:34 #

I don’t like it.

17. MEME June 28, 2012 at 16:46 #

I loved the Zuhair Murad look…. but this is a no…. the dress would be perfect for a teens prom….. not for a 20 somethings movie promo….

18. Brooke June 28, 2012 at 16:53 #

I, for one, think this look is gorgeous; both a perfect color for her complexion and so seasonally appropriate. Faultless.

• Shaina June 28, 2012 at 17:33 #

19. Linda June 28, 2012 at 17:42 #

Yet another custom look created for a star that does not suit them.

20. bas June 28, 2012 at 17:47 #

I like it. I would have put away the bow, but otherwise, It’s ok. Not her best moment but not bad.

21. Angelique June 28, 2012 at 17:47 #

Holy crap this is a bad look!I hate everything about this look, everything! She went from über hit in Michael Kors to this?!

22. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 17:53 #

“I don’t hate this look, but it’s my least favourite so far.” +1

23. C June 28, 2012 at 18:40 #

Alright, well I’ll say it for you – I Do hate it.

24. serapart June 28, 2012 at 18:54 #

I wouldve liked it had she been pale and not tanned, thats what makes her look like a barbie …

25. dee June 28, 2012 at 19:18 #

I think she looks really cute. I like it.

26. Sharon June 28, 2012 at 20:29 #

Barbie doll or a giant bottle of Pepto Bismol. In either case, too much pink and too young a style for her.

27. gabis June 28, 2012 at 21:30 #

I love everything about this look except for the design of the dress. Her hair and makeup are simple impeccable and flawless, the spiked Louboutins are gorgeous and that pink works wonders for her. But that lace and bouffant skirt are just hideous.

28. roxana June 29, 2012 at 07:27 #

she is gorgeus.

29. sasha June 29, 2012 at 11:52 #

I’m surprised this is custom made as it fits her quite badly around the chest. Overall, I like the color on her but not the dress itself.

30. Jones19 June 29, 2012 at 23:22 #

I love Blake in pink (her hop pink Michael Kors is still my favorite Blake look EVER) but the bow makes this too sugary sweet. Skip the bow and we got a winner.

31. chris June 30, 2012 at 15:16 #

well…she looks fab here!! its refreshing to see her wearing something that is not in her va-va-voom style, i like the texture and the colour looks great against her skin…maybe i would like it more with silver sandals, for instance, but i appreciate she is going “cute” instead of “super-hot” for once…