28.06.12 Premiere

Blake Lively In Gucci – ‘Savages’ New York Premiere

Blake Lively was luminous on the red carpet at the SVA Theater for the New York premiere of her new movie ‘Savages’ yesterday evening.

The stunning actress looked breathtaking wearing a Gucci gown, her first since she was announced as the face of the Gucci Première women’s fragrance.

Her one-of-a-kind buttercup-yellow halterneck goddess gown, with a plunging neckline and nipped-in waist, was accessorized with stunning turquoise Lorraine Schwartz drop earrings and Lorraine Schwartz stack of bracelets.

A sweeping fishtail braid and glossy pink lips completed her look.

Once again this is a fabulous look for Blake, she’s on an amazing roll, but if I had to pick one look for BDOTW, it would have to be her Zuhair Murad gown.

Which look do you prefer? Or do all three looks (including the Michael Kors suit) deserve a place?

Credit: Getty

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

Florence Welch In Julien Macdonald - Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala

Florence Welch In Julien Macdonald – Britain Creates 2012: Fashion & Art Collusion VIP Gala

57 Responses to Blake Lively In Gucci – ‘Savages’ New York Premiere

1. Alina June 28, 2012 at 09:29 #

The dress looks amazing on her, the makeup is flawless. I don’t like the hairstyle and the bracelets.

IMO, the Michael Kors deserves a spot.

• dee June 28, 2012 at 13:18 #

I agree with you about the hairstyle and bracelets. She looks gorgeous in the gown.

2. Jade June 28, 2012 at 09:33 #

Really don’t like this look.

I’ve liked her other outfits she’s worn while promoting but this just looks really dated.

IMO, only the Zuhair Murad deserves a spot on the BDOTW list.

3. Magdalena June 28, 2012 at 09:36 #

I love love love this look! IMO much better than the Zuhair Murad. So summery and just amazing

4. Leyla June 28, 2012 at 09:48 #

so fabulous as usual. all her looks deserve a place. whatever she wears, she rocks in it.

5. Mari June 28, 2012 at 09:48 #

i don’t like the fake tan. I love this dress, it’s very summery and comfortable, but i agree that the accessories are not great.

6. Nat June 28, 2012 at 09:53 #

I adore this dress on her (although yellow is not the best colour for blondes).
    It’s flattering to her statuesque figure, summery and sexy without trying too hard and keeping it classy.
    However, I don’t like the fishbraid, and the fact that with this hairstyle the dark roots are even more evident.

Overall, she had an AMAZING start of this promo tour. I loved/liked all her looks, my top three being the Michael Kors, the Zuhair Murad gown and the Jenny Pachkam white dress she wore to Letterman.

7. Ioana June 28, 2012 at 10:00 #

I love this look from h2t. and I DO like the hairstyle. It’s fresh and young.

I’d like to see this and Zuhair Murad on the BDOTW poll. ;)

8. Vidhya June 28, 2012 at 10:05 #

I feel like the turquoise is clashing with the yellow. Plus her hair is ridiculous. MK suit, both the LWDs are BDOTW for me!

9. Joan June 28, 2012 at 10:16 #

Again she looks stunning!
    In my opinion her last three outfits desver to be in the poll

10. Iris June 28, 2012 at 10:17 #

she looks gorgeous in this, but there’s nothing about the dress that hasn’t been done before. design-wise, it’s a damp squib. superb colour, excellently accessorised.

• Ahot June 28, 2012 at 15:41 #

+1! The Zuhair one was one of a kind.

11. Dan Oliver June 28, 2012 at 10:25 #

She looks flawless the dress itself I have seen similar styles before but i love the turquoise accessories

12. Natalie June 28, 2012 at 10:25 #

I love this look but wonder if it was better suited to LA and the Zuhair Murad to New York? The suit has to be a BDOTW contender but I think couture takes first place!!

13. GRACE June 28, 2012 at 10:28 #

the hair looks a bit ratty here but i’m head-over-heels in love with everything else- turquoise seems to work for her! so this is definitely bdotw worthy imo :)

• Sara June 28, 2012 at 16:09 #

Totally agree on the ratty hair. I don’t get it. Looks like they back combed barbie doll hair for hours to get it to look like that.

Otherwise, I think she looks absolutely beautiful.

14. Yeliz June 28, 2012 at 10:29 #

I actually prefer this look to her Zuhair Murad gown. This is so stunning and summery and it doesn’t look like she’s trying too hard. I love everything about this look.
    But I have to say that her Michael Kors look has to be in the poll, it was definitely one of her best looks ever.

15. maria June 28, 2012 at 10:32 #

Amazing once again. The colors! More summery than at the Hollywood premiere though. Feel like she maybe could have swopped.
    She is on FIRE right now. I love it.

16. kane June 28, 2012 at 10:36 #

I agree BDOTW-wise, but this ain’t bad either.

17. MEME June 28, 2012 at 10:38 #

I don’t like the hair…. but the dress looks good on her….

18. Amy June 28, 2012 at 10:41 #

she’s really doing great on the red carpet. I like the diversity in her look.
    The zuhair Murad or this one deserve the spot

19. mandy June 28, 2012 at 10:42 #

Despite her obviously surgically enhanced ****, I have to admit that she looks absolutely stunning. I really hate myself for loving her.

20. Andrea June 28, 2012 at 10:45 #

Wow. I mean, wow. Stunning!

21. Sally June 28, 2012 at 10:45 #

This look actually gives me a strong sense of Deja Vu and I’m not 100% sure why – I honestly thought it was a repeat

22. Pablo June 28, 2012 at 10:51 #

Wow. Simply wow.

I think after such a great week she deserves not just one but a couple of spots as BDOTW contender! :)

• mimi cracra June 28, 2012 at 12:22 #

I sooooooo agree with you !!!

she deserves a couple of spots in BDOTW

she’s been surprising us, exciting us, she looks beautiful and different each time, what a week !!!

23. megan June 28, 2012 at 10:52 #

Definetely all 3!

She’s going to give Rosie a run for ‘the best promo tour ever’ if she continues on her roll

Cant wait to see what she gives us next.

• Aline June 29, 2012 at 06:15 #

I agree with you, all the 3 looks deserve a spot on BDOTW as an acknowledgment of the amazing promo tour she’s having so far.

And the fact that she’s doing it all without a stylist make her choices even more commendable.

24. Anita June 28, 2012 at 11:09 #

Another great look from her – really love coulour on her but could have done with a little less accessories.

IMO atleast 2 of her looks deserve BDOTW FC! If I had to choose I would pick the Zuhair Murad and the Jenny Packham.

25. b June 28, 2012 at 11:12 #

So impressed. Have not commented since she began this run because i was worried the Zuhair Murad was just a one-off.

She has been ah-ma-zing this week. Looking forward to seeing more.

For me, all three deserve a spot.

26. Quinn June 28, 2012 at 11:20 #

the dress looks great on her, but i don’t really like the styling. Michael Kors is the best from her this week!

27. asherlev1 June 28, 2012 at 11:24 #

I would much appreciate if her Michael Kors look or even her Jenny Packham look from Letterman were the ones that went up on the poll.

28. rebecca o June 28, 2012 at 11:55 #

nice dress but her leathery tan is awful. It adds 20 years to her age.

29. Lana June 28, 2012 at 11:55 #

Her fake tan is tacky. I love her earrings but I prefer the Kors suit.

30. M June 28, 2012 at 12:11 #

i say all 3!!!! She looks amazing.. loving her this whole week!

31. katie June 28, 2012 at 12:26 #

Wow she is drop dead gorg, what a stunning colour on her, i think all three outfits deserve a spot

32. Ksenia June 28, 2012 at 12:32 #

omg! How beautiful she is!!
    Gorgeous dress, great accessories. Perfection!
    Love all three looks.

33. CreoleLady June 28, 2012 at 12:37 #

Perhaps it was the pose, but the strapless sat a little low. Here, the neckline is flawlessly flattering. Love the yellow and turquoise, a gorgeous summery combo. And I am a sucker for a chiffon dress in this silhouette and I never tire of it. That said, I dislike the hair so much here and the Murad is so striking that it’s a toss up.

34. Hannah June 28, 2012 at 13:51 #

I don’t like the hair at all, but that’s standard with Blake. Also, I don’t knwo if it’s just me, but it seems to be a lot more yellow than I remember it, which is cheapening her looks, but it could just be the photography’s fault. I personally much prefer this look to the Zuhair Murad, but I think that both, along witht he Jenny Packham and any other fabulous looks she has this week all deserve a place in the poll.

35. fromchi-town June 28, 2012 at 14:24 #

She looks beautiful – and the look is a hit. But if I had to choose between Zuhair Murad and this, the Zuhair Murad would win without contest. I vote for Zuhair Murad and the Michael Kors looks for the BDOTW spots.

36. Colleen June 28, 2012 at 14:26 #

She is flawless. Love everything from head to toe. The Zuhair Murad gown is still my favorite, though.

37. roxana June 28, 2012 at 14:41 #

can we have just one BDOW for her? i like the zuhair murad dress.

• Fashion Critic June 28, 2012 at 14:50 #

She has had so many great looks and more are coming, I don’t think people will be satisfied with one.

38. Christine June 28, 2012 at 14:46 #

I love this look except for the earrings. She looks summery. I f I had to pick, I would definitely pick her Zuhair Murad dress for the BDOTW!

39. Kyriaki-Cyprus June 28, 2012 at 14:47 #

The success of the whole look for me lies in the earrings. They are gorgeous and I’m glad she wore them with a simple dress. They match her eyes too.

40. anne June 28, 2012 at 14:49 #

I was going to comment on the Mario Schwab dress post as i really love the shoes there, but then i scrolled and saw this, and i had to say here how great she looks.
    I was never a big fan of her style and tried to stay away from the posts that generated a hundred comments but i really liked everything about her lately…. well except for the eyebrows, i’ll never get how no one does anything with those eyebrows.
    As far as i’m concerned, i wouldn’t mind seeing all of them in bdotw.

41. Shaina June 28, 2012 at 17:44 #

She looks very statuesque and beautiful here. That color is very radiant on her. I don’t really like the hair that much but other than that this is a perfect look.

42. Natalie19 June 28, 2012 at 17:48 #

I’m a big fan of braids, but this…..is just horrible

43. Nat39 June 28, 2012 at 19:23 #

Her Michael Kors look is the one truly deserving. The styling on this one feels amateurish – the way she so obviously matched her turquoise earrings to one of the bracelets – she didn’t have to do it, should’ve just let the standout earrings be a statement element and kept the bracelets simply complementary to the dress (gold, etc…) without adding turquoise to match the earrings. This along with the braid make the whole thing feel contrived. Not a BDOTW material.
    I’d choose her Z. Murad (even though she cheapened it big time) over this just b/c it’s more bold and controversial

44. Rebecca Z June 28, 2012 at 19:29 #

Love the yellow gown with the turquoise earrings and bracelets. she looks stunning. I like her hair.

45. lee June 28, 2012 at 19:38 #

she needs to cool it with the stack of bracelets she often wears. sometimes it looks like she just threw them all on last minute with no thought. a cuff can be more clean and work better for that more put-together look she seems to be aiming for these days.

46. Wizzer June 28, 2012 at 20:45 #

Lovely Dress.
    I would never have guessed it was Gucci though.

47. Ashley June 29, 2012 at 00:11 #

I think she could have picked a better Gucci gown. I do love the turquoise though

48. Giuseppi Giraffe June 29, 2012 at 01:30 #

beautiful, summery, feminine and the side braid suits her in this

49. MoxieSue June 29, 2012 at 01:50 #

Love the gown and the turquoise jewelry. I just wish she’d do something about her roots.

50. Clancy from Dallas June 29, 2012 at 02:42 #

All three looks deserve a spot… Blake lively is fast becoming my second favorite behind Diane Kruger and even surpassing dita Von teese! She’s always such a breath of fresh air and I think that comes from the spirit that results in picking out your own clothes versus having a stylist… She believes in these looks so she rocks the hell out of them. The most confident woman would make a plastic bag lookalike a drool worthy gown. Rant done lol

51. Jess2 June 29, 2012 at 15:53 #

This woman is amazing!! Each look is something new, different and fresh! I am developing quite the girl crush hehe. I adore this look but I don’t love the bracelets, they are a bit too much/bulky. It is hard to pick a favourite so far but I was head over heels about the Michael Kors so I think that should be BDOTW :)