27.06.12

Mariah Carey attended the 30th birthday of Prince Haji Abdul Azim of Brunei in London on Monday night.

In typical Mimi fashion, the singer wore the most figure-hugging dress she could find for the occasion.

On this occasion her Haider Ackermann gold-metallic sleeveless dress with a longer hemline in the back, seam detail at the sides and a raw finished hemline doesn’t appear to be too tight.

The singer was radiant in her scene-stealing gown, which was styled with voluminous loose wavy caramel locks, gold sandals and statement jewels that included a butterfly ring.

You can buy Mariah’s Haider Ackermann from Luisa via Roma and MyTheresa.com.

Credit: INFDaily & Getty

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture - 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night

Fan Bingbing In Elie Saab Couture – 2013 Bazaar Stars Charity Night

Glamour Spain 10th Anniversary Party

Glamour Spain 10th Anniversary Party

20 Responses to Mariah Carey In Haider Ackermann – Prince Haji Abdul Azim of Brunei 30th Birthday Party

1. Alina June 27, 2012 at 12:36 #

It’s hard to believe that this is a Haider Ackermann dress.

• dressaddict June 27, 2012 at 12:57 #

That’s exactly what I was thinking! What a non-Ackermann dress!

• Shiva June 27, 2012 at 13:14 #

+1. my heart burst a little bit ha :D

• leslie arnelle June 29, 2012 at 00:21 #

WOW!! that’s not good..I thought the same immediately..smh! Money can not buy you style nor class..un un un

2. Kaz June 27, 2012 at 12:48 #

Oh dear. I love Mariah, but she desperately needs a stylist who can help her flatter her figure. I think she thinks these skintight dresses look good, but sadly they do not. I think if she found a more body-skimming style she’d feel more comfortable posing and wouldn’t look so awkward.

I can dream!

3. jui ho June 27, 2012 at 12:57 #

my sentiments echoed. Mariah and Haider in the same sentence?

4. Jules June 27, 2012 at 13:21 #

Radiant? She looks ridiculous!

5. dee June 27, 2012 at 13:22 #

Nothing special and nothing we haven’t seen from her before.

• Christine June 27, 2012 at 14:52 #

Exactly.

6. hauteness June 27, 2012 at 13:27 #

I wish for every item she wears, she’d buy it just ONE size bigger. It would make such a difference.

7. Yeliz June 27, 2012 at 13:32 #

So tacky. I agree with Alina, it’s really hard to believe that this is Haider Ackermann.

8. bm June 27, 2012 at 13:38 #

I want to see Tilda Swinton (coz it is Haider Ackermann) in this kind of dress, so bad.

9. Rebecca Z June 27, 2012 at 16:30 #

Just a total lack of taste. This dress is just not for her. Such an interesting contrast today–Mariah and Katy. Mariah is not coming out of it well.

10. Ritika June 27, 2012 at 16:34 #

Not a fan of the dress in the first place, but she makes this look worse.

11. Sandy June 27, 2012 at 16:48 #

Mariah desparately needs a stylist to revamp her image. She just looks like she’s trying to hard to be a young sex symbol and sadly her time is up. In my opinion she makes herself look older by always wearing something tight and ill fitting. She really needs to embrace the woman that she is and stop trying to turn back the clock.

12. Sharon June 28, 2012 at 01:31 #

The nicest thing I can say about this look is that at least she doesn’t need help to walk, as she has with many other gowns.

13. Daniel June 28, 2012 at 11:07 #

If she had a breast reduction the dress would look good. But her breasts make her upper half of the body look huuuge. Like a giant.. So sad.
    And it wouldve made her less awkward.

• Shaina June 28, 2012 at 18:23 #

I hate to say this, but I agree with you. Im usually not the person to criticize someone’s body but the breast implants are really not helping her case. She is such a gorgeous woman, I’m not exactly sure this is helping her out any.

14. AngeV June 29, 2012 at 10:20 #

She looks awful . These women with huge fake boobs are going to regret it come menopause time cos they’ll end up making you look bigger than what you are .

15. styler July 4, 2012 at 10:52 #

Am i the only one who doesnt think her boobs are fake, else she would have made them perkier by now, without a bra they are a quite droopy, which leaves me ti think they are natural. anyway just my thought.

this is an improvement – we’ve seen worse from her, i think the face and hair is glam diva done well though.