27.06.12

Glamour Spain 10th Anniversary Party

There were many more glamorous stars on the red carpet at the Glamour Spain 10th Anniversary Party in Madrid last night.

Petra Nemcova: The Czech model looked sensational wearing a Salvatore Ferragamo Resort 2012 midnight-blue fully sequined gown teamed with a Ferragamo silver clutch. The fit could’ve been a bit better around the bust, but with that gorgeous face and impeccable styling she gets a pass, even with the glossy, wavy ombre locks. When will this trend die?

Poppy Delevigne: We are used to seeing the British model in Chanel but on this occasion she wore a Jonathan Saunders Spring 2012 ivory pleated dress. Beachy waves, gold sandals and a colourful beaded red clutch completed her look.

Lily Donaldson: The model who tends to favour British brands on the red carpet donned a sexy backless Nina Ricci gown with ruched details for this occasion. With crystal details embellishing the shoulders she smouldered on the red carpet sporting a red-hot lip colour and side-swept wavy locks.

Eugenia Silva: The Spanish model is usually one of my favourites on this red carpet, but not on this occasion. Her Nicolas Vaudelet dress with a hip-high split is terrible. Half a dress over a bedazzled swimsuit with black pumps? It’s a no from me.

Vanessa Romero: The Spanish actress looked stunning wearing an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2012 cobalt-blue gown with a plunging neckline and cascading ruffles. Silver accessories and a coral lip colour completed her look.

Laura Ponte: For those of you disappointed by Mariah Carey wearing Haider Ackermann earlier, this look should lift your spirits. Laura opted for a warm brown jumpsuit from the designer’s Spring 2012 collection which she styled with a brocade copper-and-blue blazer. Gold accessories including statement earrings provided the finishing touches.

Berta Collado: The Spanish TV presenter also wore an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2012 gown. The short-sleeve black-lace gown was accented with a velvet waistband. Opting for kohl-rimmed eyes, Berta styled her look with a gold serpent armlet and a black clutch.

Martina Klein: With that big ruffle cascading down her red Lanvin gown Martina should’ve pulled her hair back. This could’ve been one of the best looks of the night.

Ariadne Artiles: Only a sexy sheer Roberto Cavalli gown would do for the swimsuit model. I’m sure she considered this look very covered up as she’s used to being in a two-piece bikini the majority of the time. Whilst I’m glad she didn’t modify the look so all the embroidered details were lost, there is an eye-popping amount of boobage on display. I wonder how this gown looked from the back.

Credit: Getty

Lily Collins' Monique Lhuillier Three Quarter Sleeve Tulle And Lace Gown

Lily Collins’ Monique Lhuillier Three Quarter Sleeve Tulle And Lace Gown

Blake Lively In Michael Kors - Good Morning America

Blake Lively In Michael Kors – Good Morning America

17 Responses to Glamour Spain 10th Anniversary Party

1. Beta June 27, 2012 at 17:30 #

some of my favourite models featured here :) thanks FC
    I recently spotted Eugenia Silva in a comercial centre, and she’s so pretty without any makeup on! but agree this outfit’s not the best :/

Laura Ponte is pure class, love her in this outfit.

And the two ODR dresses are gorgeous!

2. Nat39 June 27, 2012 at 17:35 #

Petra Nemcova is absolutely gorgeous in that mid-night blue gown, I can easily overlook some imperfections in this case.
    Lily Donaldson – 2nd.
    Shame about Martina’s hair, this could’ve been a great look.
    Not interested in the rest.

3. Yeliz June 27, 2012 at 17:46 #

I don’t really love any of these looks, to be honest. Petra Nemcova looks stunning, but the bust area is really ill fitted, therefore she is not my favourite. I wanted to go with Vanessa Romero, but she should’ve worn her hair up.
    I think Lily Donaldson is the best here.

4. Petra June 27, 2012 at 17:54 #

I adore Poppy’s dress, it’s something I’d wear, but Laura wins for me since i love how she styled the jumpsuit with the gorgeous blazer.

5. Rachel June 27, 2012 at 18:13 #

I love Poppy’s shoes – any clue who makes them? :)

• Petra June 27, 2012 at 18:44 #

I’m pretty sure they’re Miu Miu.

• Rachel June 27, 2012 at 19:18 #

Thanks, Petra!

• Tatiana June 27, 2012 at 22:43 #

Sorry, but I think they are Givenchy

• Petra June 28, 2012 at 11:30 #

Yes, you are right, my wrong :)

6. Chanel June 27, 2012 at 18:18 #

Lily’s Nina Ricci gown is amazing and refreshing.
    And I find myself totally obsessed with Ariadne’s Cavalli dress.

7. Marybeth June 27, 2012 at 18:54 #

From head to toe, I like the two flowers —Poppy and Lily. POPPY is my favorite.
    Ariadne looks lovely, though I’m not sure I want to look TOO closely!

I love Vanessa’s Oscar de la Renta but can’t quite get past the ugliness of the ombre hair.

I wish we could see the Lanvin on someone else. It’s just not working on Martina. I agree with FC that an updo would have greatly improved the look, but I still think it needs something or someone else.
    Is there anyone else who would like to see Zoe Saldana put that dress on?!?

8. bas June 27, 2012 at 19:02 #

For me Laura wins, she has the most interesting outfit, followed by Petra. I’m so disappointed by Eugenia Silva, she usually gets it so right.

9. Artemis June 27, 2012 at 21:52 #

OMG what a disaster for Eugenia! I still remember her Armani moment..what was she thinking! :-(

10. Parvati June 27, 2012 at 23:09 #

I love Petra Nemcova’s, Lily Donaldson’s and Vanessa Romero’s looks.
    I also really like Berta Collado’s look.
    Martina Klein opted for a very wrong hairstyle, while Eugenia Silva’s look is just terrible.

11. Odette June 27, 2012 at 23:34 #

FC where the hell are Michelle Jenner and Nerea Garmendia when you need them?

I prefer Emma Stone over Poppy in that Jonathan Saunders dress, even though Poppy’s styling was interesting.

This event wasn’t a flop like the CMT awards, but it wasn’t great either, you know?

12. Alina June 28, 2012 at 07:16 #

I love Laura’s look!

13. Jess2 June 29, 2012 at 10:30 #

Petra Nemcova is a knockout!! She is so gorgeous! I also love Vanessa’s and Laura’s looks from the neck down. Vanessa’s eye makeup is a tad scary and I don’t like Laura’s hair style. Eugenia’s look is terrible and Martina’s hair destroys the entire look.