26.06.12

‘Viva Forever’ Press Launch

The Spice Girls reunited in London today to celebrate the launch of the new musical ‘Viva Forever’.

After much speculation over whether Victoria Beckham would join the rest of the girls, she did attend the photocall this morning alongside Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm, Geri Halliwell and Emma Bunton at the St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel to unveil the show which is based on their music.

The photocall would’ve brought back some wonderful memories for the girls. The venue is where it all began in 1996, as it was the video location for their hit ‘ Wannabe.’

Mel B wore a fitted slate grey Lanvin dress – as seen on Jennifer Lopez – with gold Christian Louboutin spiked ‘Pigalles’.

Melanie Chisholm looked stunning wearing an Acne ‘Barika’ white sleeveless maxi dress with tumbling curls.

Geri came as Baby Spice, donning a cutesy lace mini dress. Emma kept it simple wearing a navy-blue long-sleeve mini, but added a gorgeous pair of printed blue-and-white Brian Atwood ‘Manhattan’ slingbacks.

Victoria wasn’t giving up her signature pose for anyone, wearing a dress from her Fall 2012 collection.

As familiar as this look is, I do love it. She really stands out alongside a very statuesque Mel C.

Unfortunately that love does not extend to her Tom Ford boots.

The boots are not season appropriate and they are way too heavy.

You can buy Melanie Chisholm’s Acne dress from farfetch.com.

Emma Bunton’s Brian Atwood ‘Manhattan’ printed twill slingbacks are available from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Getty

Rihanna In Chanel - Good Morning America

Rihanna In Chanel – Good Morning America

Glamour Spain 10th Anniversary Party

Glamour Spain 10th Anniversary Party

41 Responses to ‘Viva Forever’ Press Launch

1. Christine June 26, 2012 at 15:06 #

I like Mel B’s and Emma’s look.

2. Leti June 26, 2012 at 15:21 #

This is the best Mel C has ever looked. I think this is BDOTW worthy.

• kelsey June 27, 2012 at 01:32 #

I agree! And she looks like she could be Kathryn Bigelow’s sister now!

• NooG June 27, 2012 at 02:20 #

• cascia June 28, 2012 at 16:03 #

3. DorianGray June 26, 2012 at 15:27 #

I think it’s the same villa in which they shoot Wannabe video!
    Love everyone but Mel B (and Victoria’s boots!).

4. Lola June 26, 2012 at 15:36 #

Geri definitely came as baby! hahha I atually thought it was first her at first glance and why doesn’t anyone have their arm around victoria? Anyway, reallly wanna go see the musical!!

• Beta June 26, 2012 at 16:19 #

jaja yes, its true. poor posh is a bit left out :P

5. Lara June 26, 2012 at 15:37 #

Is Mel C’s dress the same one Solange wore in yellow, and possibly Alisha Dixon also wore?

I love VB at times, but in this and more in other pics she just looks so detached from them. I mean would it kill her to link arms?

Emma is my favourite hair. Love the whole look

• Fashion Critic June 26, 2012 at 15:48 #

Yes and Charlize Theron who wore the black version

6. anne June 26, 2012 at 15:46 #

Victoria came as scary spice….she looks like life has been drawn out of her.
    She should really change something about her looks

7. Rebecca Z June 26, 2012 at 16:02 #

VB certainly seems to be keeping her distance–lookbook version of her dress seems to be yelling that she has moved on and look how successful she has been. Love Mel B and Mel C’s looks.

8. Parvati June 26, 2012 at 16:04 #

I don’t like how Victoria looks like she has nothing to do with the rest of the Spice Girls. She looks like she’s posing by herself in this photo, with her signature pose and that barely-there smile, while the others are all smiling together.

Style-wise, my favourite here is Melanie C, followed by Mel B.

9. Beta June 26, 2012 at 16:18 #

sporty spice looks unrecognizable (from her spice days)
    she looks so elegant and ethereal
    she looks amazing :)

10. Tani June 26, 2012 at 17:04 #

I can’t understand why is Victoria so so so afraid of looking happy. Why can’t she link arms like everyone else?
    Why can’t she smile, like everybody else?

She thinks it makes her special?
    I think it makes her look strange.
    You can turn all her pictures into one, like a paper doll, you just change the outfit.

Rememeber this doll?
    It’s her!, but a sad, really sad one!

11. Alina June 26, 2012 at 17:06 #

My favourite – Mel C.
    My least favourite – Victoria.

12. Lola2 June 26, 2012 at 17:13 #

VB looks like an Olsentwin in this pic… The others look so relaxed and fresh compared to her. She struck a pose though…

13. lu June 26, 2012 at 17:44 #

they all look great, especially Mel C! But VB looks like she was photshopped into the group, with that same outfit and stupid pose she always has.

14. Nat39 June 26, 2012 at 18:30 #

Mel.C is beautiful in that white maxi dress.
    Silver metallic pumps would’ve worked better with Mel B’s grey Lanvin dress.
    Geri and Emma look tacky but considering it’s the Spice girls event I can give them a pass.
    Victoria looks out of place, too dark and heavy.

• Cynthia J June 28, 2012 at 10:33 #

I agree with you on Mel B’s shoes too much with the dress…her styling was totally off.

15. Vidhya June 26, 2012 at 18:40 #

She didnt take the hint for the python bag, huh, FC? I tweeted asking her to lose the boots too .. She didn’t listen to me either :/

16. Yeliz June 26, 2012 at 19:00 #

Melanie Chisholm is my favourite here.

17. Marybeth June 26, 2012 at 19:21 #

I think this is the first photo I’ve seen of all 5 of them together where I like the way each and every one looks.

Of course, I am only assuming they really ARE together, LOL!!! I mean, it truly does look like Posh wasn’t actually there and someone took a winter/fall pic of her and photo-shopped it in! ;)

18. Jones19 June 26, 2012 at 20:01 #

They all look good (except for Vicky’s boots) but wowza Mel C looks AMAZING! She’s never looked better!

19. goldfish June 26, 2012 at 20:31 #

VB is so boring. boring same outfits and boring same poses… i think i’m going to fall asleep.
    Mel C, however i breathtaking. funny enough she was my fave back then.. sporty spice!
    the others are kind of insignificant to me

20. Hannah June 26, 2012 at 21:04 #

I loved Melanie C, she looks so completely elegant & radiant, I was disappointed, to say the least, to find out she was wearing black shoes.Mel B looks alright, Geri looks like she still thinks it’s 1999, and Victoria looks liek seh still thinks it’s March (which it may as well be in London).
    Emma looks gorgeoud, her shoes are the Brian Atwood ‘Mahattan’s. http://brianatwood.com/manhattan-p-235.html

• Fashion Critic June 26, 2012 at 23:50 #

21. AnderBoBo June 26, 2012 at 21:35 #

Everybody looks great, especially Sporty and Baby. But WHY OH WHY OH WHY does VB constantly wear those knee high boots under dresses?! That is so not a good look and has ruined so many outfits for her, she has far too good a shoe wardrobe to keep choosing those heavy and out of season boots! /rantover

22. Leo June 26, 2012 at 23:06 #

It feels like looking at your high scholl class reunion picture. Brings back so many memories. Spicefan forever here.

Melanie C has found herself and become such an elegant person. She puts the others to shame, first contender for BDOTW to me.
    Victoria looks like she’s in pain, maybe it’s from the cirurgy she had to glue those boots on her. I know she wants to boost her brand but her looks are so tired this days.

23. Quinn June 27, 2012 at 03:13 #

omg i miss them so much!! Victoria is so posh! LOVE her. wish she wore different kind of shoe though. everyone else is looking good too! :)

i think people need to stop with why isn’t victoria smiling and looking happy comment. i’m like that too. when i smile i doesn’t really show. probably because i’m used to smile like that since i was small…the only way for me to come across as happy is to laugh out loud which may look crazy in photos. VB’s fans knows that she is very happy and have a bubbly personality. just look at her interviews guys! if she’s so afraid to look happy (as claimed by others) why is she laughing, make joke and teasing ppl in the interviews!

24. roxana June 27, 2012 at 07:27 #

i love mel C!

• cascia June 28, 2012 at 16:05 #

me too

25. Saree June 27, 2012 at 08:34 #

For someone so rich and fashion savvy (at times) – Vic B is really poor in her shoe choice. No matter how much you love your favourite pair of shoes, new or old, you don’t wear them this many times on so many occasions.

Oh and well, because their fugly.

26. Elisa June 27, 2012 at 08:46 #

Maybe VB stands out, but she does it by always looking incredibly boring and angry and that stupid pose just… arrghh!

• Jules June 27, 2012 at 13:25 #

Totally agree with you. Posh gets on my nerves, she’s making a fool of herself with that pose and that stupid ‘pout’, she looks creepy.

27. Jess2 June 27, 2012 at 10:17 #

Unfortunately I do not like Victoria’s look but I do like the other girls. I am a sucker for a lace dress so I adore Geri’s dress and Mel C looks gorgeous!! Victoria is a big disappointment. Her hair looks blah and I am seriously over those ugly boots. She just looks miserable and out of place. I love her but my 6 year old self wishes she joined in with the others instead of striking her pose. I was always Posh Spice when I was a little girl! I adored them :)

28. MEME June 27, 2012 at 12:39 #

I’m havin’ nostalgia…. OMG!!!…. I love the Spice Girls…. Victoria and her pose does stand out…. but they all look fabulous….

29. Joel June 27, 2012 at 15:15 #

Love them all, but Melanie C stand out for some reason, she’s never looked this good before!

30. Cynthia J June 28, 2012 at 10:30 #

Victoria and Mel C look the best. Mel B looks a bit older than the rest of the girls. It looks like she’s trying too hard, she should dress fun and cool not like a middle-aged women. Gerri looks like she’s going to the prom, and Emma’s shoes are amazing but the dress is so-so.

31. robbie June 28, 2012 at 12:49 #

mel c, mel b and emma looks great. geri looks like she is wearing her daughters dress and victoria its summer and she looks as if she is heading to a funeral.

32. Very Stylish Ordinary People October 28, 2012 at 01:11 #

I love this dress and I think Victoria looks so cool. I like how her hair is messy and victorian like, while her dress is structured and then the boots are militant with a burst of toe, lol.