25.06.12

Olivia Wilde In Stella McCartney – Late Night with David Letterman

Last week Olivia Wilde stopped by the Ed Sullivan Theater for a guest appearance on ‘Late Night with David Letterman’ to promote her new movie, ‘People Like Us’.

The actress appeared to be sporting a forced ombre ‘do, as she recently went blonde for a new movie she was shooting back in April called, ‘Rush’.

Taking a casual walk on the wild side, Olivia wore a tiger-print Stella McCartney tee with a black suit.

I like the idea, but I’m not so crazy about the pants. They appear to be too long. Something tapered or cropped would’ve been preferred.

Black platform heels and silver bracelet accessorized her look.

Love or loathe?

You can buy Olivia’s Stella McCartney tee from Neiman Marcus and farfetch.com.

Credit: FameFlynet

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better...Zhang Ziyi or Sarah Paulson?

Who Wore Alberta Ferretti Better…Zhang Ziyi or Sarah Paulson?

Kylie Minogue In Stella McCartney - Nordoff Robbins O2 Silver Clef Awards

Kylie Minogue In Stella McCartney – Nordoff Robbins O2 Silver Clef Awards

17 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Stella McCartney – Late Night with David Letterman

1. Christine June 25, 2012 at 14:36 #

I only like the shirt.

2. Ancika June 25, 2012 at 15:15 #

I don’t like anything about this look.

3. Rebecca Z June 25, 2012 at 15:44 #

I have no problem with the pants, I don’t like the shirt. An oversized sloppy looking t-shirt just doesn’t make it with a suit for me.

4. Yeliz June 25, 2012 at 15:56 #

The blazer is the only thing I like here.

5. Marybeth June 25, 2012 at 16:34 #

Loathe, I’m sorry to say.
    The whole effect, from the hair to the sloppy pants hemline to the corny t-shirt, is teenage tacky.

6. Vicky June 25, 2012 at 16:42 #

$325 for a cotton t-shirt with a giant tiger on the front? I love fashion, but then I see things like this and it makes me die on the inside.

• Rebecca Z June 25, 2012 at 18:50 #

+1 You are so right!

• CTgirl June 25, 2012 at 19:54 #

Agree! My great aunt who wintered in Miami had a similar shirt that she got at a beach shop. She was about 80 years old at the time. Enough said.

7. Kelsey June 25, 2012 at 16:42 #

i don’t -mind- it from the waist up, as the shoes are almost worse than the pants IMO. i do think the trickle-down of the christopher kane animal print slouchy-t is tired, but it would have looked less ‘teenage tacky’ if the pants were tailored and maybe an ankle crop.

8. Freida June 25, 2012 at 16:59 #

Loathe. This is too Fall. THIS IS SUMMER.

The shoes are ugly.

Her mojo is OFFICIALLY gone.

Fire your stylist Carla Welch immediately Olivia Wilde. You should’ve fired her a long time ago.

9. Alina June 25, 2012 at 17:41 #

I don’t like it. It’s summer … why not a SUMMERy outfit?

10. Nat39 June 25, 2012 at 18:32 #

I also like the idea, don’t mind the ‘wild’ t-shirt at all, adorable hairstyle. Agree about the pants – tapered or cropped would’ve been better.

11. andrea June 25, 2012 at 18:53 #

The pants should be tapered, and I hate Mary Janes with pants anyway. The shirt is cute, its way more appealing than the stupid Givenchy dog shirt I’ve seen other celebrities wearing…..

12. lollypop June 25, 2012 at 20:45 #

I like the look, but its more of a day to day casual style than on a national public appearence.
    Nice pun FC,
    ‘Taking a casual walk on the wild side’

• Fashion Critic June 25, 2012 at 21:10 #

Thanks ;)

13. HumphreyMom June 26, 2012 at 01:17 #

BORING. Nothing is particularly exciting here.
    The jacket is ordinary, ‘shrunken’ black blazer.. I’ve seen a million of them and find them most boring in black.
    Maybe a pop color would have done. Stella McCartney’s royal blue or yellow version would have been much better.
    Pants are terrible, cut is strange and not attractive. I get the straight leg look, but ankle length please.
    The tee shirt is a waste of money. Many, many better things to spend $300+ on. I love Stella McCartney but don’t care for these t-shirts..I wonder if they profit some wildlife organization.. that would be more appealing. I have to say however, Olivia Wilde NEVER looks particularly stunning. To me, she is among the BLAH in Hollywood.

14. bm June 26, 2012 at 02:17 #

I do love the idea, given that she always wearing dress or gown in red carpet. But, like you, the pants looks uncomfortable. So, that is the only reason i hate this look.