22.06.12

WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party at The Roof Gardens

Fashion and tennis collided at the WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party, held at The Roof Gardens in Kensington, London last night.

We have already seen Maria Sharapova. Here are the rest of the attendees who took to the green carpet.

Serena Williams: The tennis ace was once again dressed by Burberry for this annual event. Her purple taffeta frock with black sheer straps was styled with black t-bar sandals and a selection of silver jewels. The thing I love most about her look are her voluminous curls.

Ana Ivanovic: The young star wore a pretty Matthew Williamson feather-accented frock which complemented her statuesque frame. The stunning lace dress also features a cluster of gold paillettes and beaded details. It may seem like quite a lot of detail, but she carries it off with great aplomb. She accessorized with Christian Louboutin matching heels with a gold toe-cap and a mahogany clutch.
Whilst I love the elegant updo, I wish she applied fake tan to her feet. I guess that is what happens when training in sunny conditions wearing thick tennis socks.

Anne Keothavong: The British number one ranked player wore a baroque-inspired Alexander McQueen ‘Fil’ coupé jacquard green-and-black dress. She styled her look with tights (it’s been a while since I saw tights on the red carpet), black pumps (the same can’t be said for those) and a sweeping ponytail.

Petra Kvitova: I love this berry hue. Petra would’ve stood out on this green carpet in her Mulberry draped gown with a plunging neckline. She styled her gown with a Mulberry ‘Lily’ bag decorated with multi-coloured gems. I just wish she didn’t match her shoes with her bag.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova: You’ll be interested to learn that Anastasia’s David Koma Spring 2011 dress was given a plunging neckline when it was originally presented as a round-neck dress on the runway. Sporting a quiffed ponytail, the tennis star styled her black-and-white dress with a flared skirt with lace-accented sandals.

Li Na: Does this Giles Deacon silver metallic laser-cut dress look familiar to you? That’s because Heidi Klum wore the same dress to the 2011 American Music Awards. Li Na opted to wear a nude lining under her dress, adding blue bow-front peep-toes to her look. Glossy lips and a half-up, half-down hairstyle provided the finishing touches.

Venus Williams: Sporting a two-tone braided ‘do, Venus wore an ivory Amanda Wakeley draped dress which she styled with silver hooped earrings, nude peep-toes and a glossy pink lip colour.

Caroline Wozniacki: This summer LBD is from the celebrity favourite: Stella McCartney. The one-sleeve dress was styled with black accessories and strangely a silver pendent necklace, which doesn’t work with that neckline.

Elena Vesnina: The Russian star looked very pretty wearing a green halter gown with a bejewelled neckline. Silver sandals, a beige clutch and complementary jewels accessorized her look, with a chic updo providing the finishing touch.

Credit: Getty

Angelababy's Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Angelababy’s Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Blake Lively Announced As The Face Of Gucci's New Fragrance: Gucci Première

Blake Lively Announced As The Face Of Gucci’s New Fragrance: Gucci Première

18 Responses to WTA Pre-Wimbledon Party at The Roof Gardens

1. Beta June 22, 2012 at 14:18 #

one of my best friends is a quasi professional tennis player and she also has those white feet :P jeje
    she applied fake tan once but it didnt match exactly her natural tan (more orangey) and it was aaaawwwwful. so I guess that’s Ana’s issue here

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2012 at 14:44 #

that makes sense

2. noo June 22, 2012 at 14:27 #

for some reason i love the way venus looks!
    i think that na li and anna ivanovic really overdid their make up.
    my favorite at the event was maria followed by anne! had ana been wearing normal make up she would have knocked it out of the park imo!

3. TL June 22, 2012 at 14:41 #

My favorite are Maria Shrapova and Ana Ivanovic, the runner up is Li Na.
    It’s a pity that Ana’s skin tone is uneven.

4. Yeliz June 22, 2012 at 14:44 #

I don’t really like any of these looks, to be honest. Maria Sharapova was the best dressed of this event.

• Alina June 22, 2012 at 15:52 #

5. bm June 22, 2012 at 14:49 #

I don’t like all of the looks in this event (even Maria S).

6. MoxieSue June 22, 2012 at 15:34 #

My faves (in order) are Elena, Serena and Anastasia. Ana would have made the top 3 if she’d evened out her skin tone.

7. bee7 June 22, 2012 at 15:46 #

serena looked great to me, i love her make up and hair

8. Jo June 22, 2012 at 15:54 #

Ana Ivanovic’s legs are INCREDIBLE!

9. Aaron June 22, 2012 at 17:15 #

I don’t get how C-Woz failed so badly, but she did. She is truly gorgeous, and usually at events she is dressed and coiffed so well.

But here, she just doesn’t look like herself.

Ana, of course, looks amazing. Her game may be in the tank at present, but the woman will always look like Aphrodite. I LOVE that dress.

10. Nat June 22, 2012 at 17:23 #

I’m a HUGE tennis fan, so I can’t tell you how happy I am to see this post. ;-D

Serena: I agree with you, this hairstyle is the best she ever had. The dress is ok.
    Ana Ivanovic: I might be biased, coz I think she’s one of the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen, but I think she looks great. The dress is stunning, and I can overlook the messy updo and the un-tanned feet (usual problem with tennis players).
    Petra: she’s the most “shocking” one as she’s usually very sporty/simply dressed, so seeing her so glammed up is great. The colour is lovely on her.
    Li Na: the dress is incredible but I don’t like those shoes with it.
    Caroline: she always sticks to Leger bandage dresses or Stella’s dresses with heavy pumps, so this is very ordinary from her. Se also wears Stella (for Adidas) on court, and there’s a kind of inside joke in the tennis world about how that stuff is usually hideous.

Thanks again for posting this! ;-)

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2012 at 17:35 #

my pleasure

11. Nat39 June 22, 2012 at 19:33 #

Serena Williams and Ana Ivanovic out of this bunch.
    Someone should tell Anastasia to take her body type into account – the cute black-and-white dress looks absolutely awful on her big athletic body.

12. wer June 22, 2012 at 20:15 #

it’s great to see petra here (and dressed well), it made my day, honestly. i would have never expected here someone from czech republic (i don’t count eva herzigova or karolina kurkova, they don’t live here.)

greetings from czech xx

• Fashion Critic June 22, 2012 at 20:34 #

thanks…greeting from London

13. charley June 25, 2012 at 13:08 #

Isnt Petra Kvitova wearing Mcqueen rather than mulberry? Im sure ive tried on this dress in selfridges!!

14. flutterbang June 26, 2012 at 05:44 #

Why do athletes always look so awkward in formal wear? This chicks have smoking hot bodies yet they never seem to be able to wear something that suits them!