19.06.12

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was in Windsor yesterday, where she attended The Order of the Garter procession.

Donning her favourite fit-and-flare silhouette, Catherine looked elegant, as per usual, in a stark white Alexander McQueen coat-dress.

The double-breasted cut and voluminous skirt has come to be the go-to look for Catherine.

Perfectly coordinated ivory accessories, including a Jane Corbett hat, box clutch and L.K. Bennett pumps complete the ensemble.

Are you a fan of the neutral styling, or does this look give you a strong case of déjà vu?

If it does give you déjà vu, that’s because she wore the same coat a year ago to the trooping the colour.

Credit: Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Andrew Garfield In Alexander McQueen - ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Germany Photocall

Andrew Garfield In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Germany Photocall

49 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – The Order of the Garter Procession

1. noo June 19, 2012 at 10:52 #

i love the look but this is definitely deja vu because she wore all the elements before! (the coat to last year’s trooping, the joseph dress underneath to the epsom derby last year, a very similar hat 2 days ago and her go to clutch and shoes)
    also the coat reminds me of her wedding dress!!!

2. Yeliz June 19, 2012 at 10:57 #

It is déjà vu, especially with the hair, shoes and the color, to be honest. But I can’t deny, that she looks beautiful.

3. Marianne June 19, 2012 at 10:58 #

Well, she did wear this coat last year, so it is definitely a deja vu.

But she looks amazing nonetheless!

• Alina June 19, 2012 at 14:16 #

4. charbel June 19, 2012 at 11:03 #

its like shes dying to look old, shes gonna age fast.looking at the future and its ugly :)

5. carlota June 19, 2012 at 11:04 #

I think Sarah Burton should stop signing as McQueen as it is a complete adulteration to Lee Alexander’s work!

• noo June 19, 2012 at 11:29 #

i agree but this coat is not custom, it was sold on net a porter last year!

• Annel June 19, 2012 at 11:55 #

Agreed.

6. Nat June 19, 2012 at 11:08 #

Strong deja vu feeling, of course. But I just love this dress, so I’m ok with this look.
    The voluminous skirt is so beautiful.
    I won’t even comment on the shoes…….

7. barbogarbo June 19, 2012 at 11:12 #

I think this is one of my favourite looks from her. I especially like how the bow on the hat compliments the ruffles of the skirt. She looks lovely.

8. Zineb June 19, 2012 at 11:22 #

I have mailed the Duchess one of my shoes.

• noo June 19, 2012 at 11:30 #

hahahahahahahaha

• Annel June 19, 2012 at 11:56 #

LOL.

• TL June 19, 2012 at 13:11 #

Lol. +1

9. Juliana June 19, 2012 at 11:24 #

She looks so good, I don’t even care if she wore it all before.

About the silhouette, I think it’s a great go-to option for someone with her body type. It gives her a waistline and hips, neither of which she naturally has. So yeah, I really like these lines on her.

• gabis June 19, 2012 at 13:19 #

+1. I had a strong case of jaw dropping. I don’t care how many times she has worn dresses with that kind of silhouette, she always looks so breathtaking and drop dead gorgeous on them. I hope she wears it more and more! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress, the voluminous skirt is absolutely perfect. And her accessories are working perfectly too. This has easily become one of my top 3 favorite looks from her. Love it with passion!

• Quinn June 19, 2012 at 15:46 #

• Dani June 20, 2012 at 00:18 #

+3. LOVE IT!

• cascia June 20, 2012 at 15:09 #

10. roxana June 19, 2012 at 11:46 #

i would like to see another pair of shoes!

• helene June 19, 2012 at 16:12 #

and haires… and make up..

11. Lee Ann June 19, 2012 at 11:51 #

standard garb:
    neutral colour
    LK Bennett shoes
    silly hat
    above the knee
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Amy June 19, 2012 at 17:58 #

Amen my friend!
      This look is good but it’s nothing we haven’t seen. Usual formula with usual clothes. I propose that FC stops covering DoC until she brings something new like the green Jenny Packham dress or the red McQueen

12. Nicole June 19, 2012 at 12:18 #

I think she looks stunning and on this occasion the nude pumps are actually the perfect choice. I also think good on her for wearing clothes more than once, being in the press all the time must be like being photographed on Facebook and then feeling like you can’t wear it again!

13. rita June 19, 2012 at 12:22 #

Where is Michelle Obama when you need her?! Royals are such bore to me!

• Jazz June 19, 2012 at 22:20 #

now FLOTUS is class AND style personified. not to mention she dresses more age-appropriately and fashion-forward than this dull,uncreative,repetitive royal. even when Mrs O sticks to the same sheath dress silhouette, you can count on her to spice it up with unexpected patterns/prints/accessories/hairstyles and make it her own. everytime i see the duchess here i am bored to tears.

• Grace Patricia June 20, 2012 at 23:31 #

I wish Mrs. Obama could help her with her “color issues”. She looks like a white wedding cake. Another shoes and hat would’ve been great. Recycling the dress is fine because the dress is beautiful. Recycling this lack of energy on getting dressed when you are a public person is not.

• Fashion Critic June 20, 2012 at 23:48 #

“She looks like a white wedding cake” – lol, comment of the day

14. Emily June 19, 2012 at 12:43 #

Girl friend needs new shoes, ASAP!

15. bm June 19, 2012 at 13:14 #

I like it. But that hat need to go.
    Are they going to jail if not wear hat?

16. TL June 19, 2012 at 13:16 #

Wondering why does Kate love above-knee skirt/dress sooooo much?

17. couturecoco June 19, 2012 at 13:56 #

I happen to love this silhouette on Catherine so it doesn’t matter to me how many times she wears it, it suits her so well. The strong elements of traditional tailoring and the unexpected skirt will always be fresh for me. I hope she orders something similar for the future in darkest navy or wine red…..

18. Christine June 19, 2012 at 13:56 #

She wore this coat before but last year

• Fashion Critic June 19, 2012 at 14:12 #

god, all her looks are starting to roll into one. can barley keep my eyes open when writing about her

• Christine June 19, 2012 at 14:16 #

LOL FC, That is why I cannot get my head around the “Fashion Icon” label people put on her.

• noo June 19, 2012 at 17:01 #

fashion icon with one pair of shoes (and one ugly clutch)

19. Te June 19, 2012 at 13:58 #

Ilike it! It’s classic, simple… IMO less is more!

20. robbie June 19, 2012 at 14:24 #

she used to be quite interesting fashion wise but lately its a massive bore!

21. Emmeline June 19, 2012 at 14:53 #

This would be lovely if we hadn’t seen it all a hundred times before.

22. elaine2 June 19, 2012 at 15:50 #

As usual, she sucks the life out of a McQueen garment. That coat looks better with the longer pencil skirt shown on the Net-a-porter site.

the hat is bad, the shoes passe. ugh.

23. Sharon June 19, 2012 at 16:05 #

I don’t care if she wore it twice before, I love the look, especially with the new hat.

24. Leti June 19, 2012 at 17:11 #

I applaud Kate for recycling items from her closet, in fact, I think it’s kind of fun to spot how she’s worn the individual items before. BUT, I find her restyling here, and on many recent occasions, bland. It’s just too matchy matchy and neutral in color. And even though she’s wearing different hats, they’re all starting to look the same because they’re from the same designer. Mix it up girl!

• Amy June 19, 2012 at 18:01 #

She doesn’t really restyle them, that’s the issue. She wears them like an uniform : the same ways she did before. Last year she wore this with another neutral dress and the same clutch I think

25. Kyriaki-Cyprus June 19, 2012 at 21:25 #

I happen to really love this particular coat. I would have loved to own it and I’ve been waiting to look at it again because the previous she was on the balcony and in the carriage, you couldn’t see it as a whole, so it’s nice that it got another outing. Even though I like hats, this feels like the previous she’ve worn, just a couple of days before, so I wanted to see something else. But the coat really suits her!

26. Minka June 19, 2012 at 21:49 #

My favorite of her recent looks. Love the volume of coat and dress.

• cascia June 20, 2012 at 15:10 #

me too

27. Molly June 20, 2012 at 00:33 #

I love this coat, but I wish it was longer. I think the proportions are wrong, which seems to be a common problem with Kate. It would look so much nicer if if was longer since it would give it more shape and structure. The hat is terrible (isnt this the same style as the one she wore to Trooping the Colour?) and the shoes are predictable, but I really do love the coat. Im glad that she pulled this one out again since she seems to have a knack for repeating my least-favorite outfits of hers.

28. elaine2 June 21, 2012 at 01:57 #

god, this woman sucks the life out of designer clothing. She DOES look like a wedding cake! LOL.

It looked so much better in the Net-a-porter ad that showed it with a cream colored pencil skirt. And is it too much to ask for some shoes with pizazz???? And a makeup MAKEOVER???? Sheesh…..I’m ready to gag.

29. Jess2 June 21, 2012 at 13:44 #

I adore the coat!! I wish I had it in my closet, she can wear that coat as often as she likes, I will probably never tire of seeing it. Not really loving the hat again and I would love to see some different shoes.