Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace – Park Hyatt Hotel

On Saturday, Lady Gaga was spotted returning back to her hotel in Sydney, Australia, where she was greeted by her little ‘monsters’.

The singer was decked out in an Atelier Versace Spring 2012 gown.

Her silver crystal-embellished couture gown features cut-out details, a lace bodice and gold accents.

Wearing couture is becoming quite a typical everyday look for Gaga.

If you can wear couture to an airport, you can pretty much wear it anywhere.

The look was of course styled with another pair of platform pumps, this time custom-made by Brian Atwood.

Marge Simpson does couture, or do you love this look?

Credit: Style.com & Xpsoure Photos

Valentino Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Valentino Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elizabeth Banks In J. Mendel - 'People Like Us' LA Film Festival Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In J. Mendel – ‘People Like Us’ LA Film Festival Premiere

25 Responses to Lady Gaga In Atelier Versace – Park Hyatt Hotel

1. Nat June 18, 2012 at 11:05 #

This stunning gown deserved something better than this quite comical look. Sigh.

2. Yeliz June 18, 2012 at 11:11 #

I don’t like this at all. I wanted to see this gown with a more sophisticated styling and definitely not such a hair colour. I also think that it’s a waste of couture gowns, when worn on the airport or in this case when arriving at the hotel.

3. Anna June 18, 2012 at 11:18 #

Sometimes I get so angry at her for making a joke out of stunning pieces. This is a very beautiful gown, but it just doesn’t look stunning.
    It doesn’t even look like couture. Mostly because of the styling – which is not about attitude, personal style or shock either nowadays.
    What is she doing? Why is she picking these clothes and why is she styling those such way?
    Grrr.

• Nat39 June 18, 2012 at 19:26 #

She consistently turns everything into a joke with her comical styling, and what actually bothers me is the fact that this comical mess is being passed by some as “artistic creative approach”. There’s absolutely nothing artistic in this tasteless mess.

• snowlion June 18, 2012 at 22:43 #

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

4. robbie June 18, 2012 at 11:35 #

this dress deserves so much better than gaga, the dress looks incredible but as usual gaga makes it look ridiculous.

5. Alina June 18, 2012 at 12:25 #

This is Gaga ruining an amazing couture dress.

6. Jeremy June 18, 2012 at 13:04 #

Remember the day when she walked around London wearing a ridiculous hat, a lace leotards and a cup of tea on her hand? Damn, I’ve never thought I’d say this but I kinda miss those days. She was some hot mess to watch. Now I don’t even care. “Oh you have a lot of money so you wear couture to airport bathroom.”

7. SilentVisitor June 18, 2012 at 13:29 #

The dress itself is gorgeous but Gaga isn’t tall enough to pull it off even if she wore those horrible shoes………..so for me it is a NO

8. carolina June 18, 2012 at 13:57 #

I’m not sure I understand the problem here. What would be wrong with Marge Simpson & couture, exactly? Why should great design not be accessible – and on parade? How is her styling so different from some of the very OTT styling on runways, or the stylings of Daphne Guinness? Is couture only for the ‘right type’? To me, clothes are for fun. At base, they are body coverings, but as couture is worn, it is both self expression and art.

• Fashion Critic June 18, 2012 at 15:08 #

Firstly it was a joke

Secondly Marge Simpson is not real, she is a cartoon

• robbie June 18, 2012 at 21:37 #

daphne guinness although im not a huge fan of her, she seems to come across as someone who has an interest and knwledge in fashion, where as gaga always looks a joke and it gets past off as “artistic”.

9. Christine June 18, 2012 at 14:04 #

The hair is comical but the dress is great.

10. Fraser June 18, 2012 at 15:09 #

I’m also totally confused as to why fashion houses are sending her their gowns. She completely cheapens and ruins them. Trashing the original vision (without improving on it) in the process.

Her custom made gowns – such as the fab 2010 Grammy Gucci creation – made a lot of sense. This just makes me angry.

• Fraser June 18, 2012 at 15:12 #

*oops – mean Armani Prive – not Gucci!

11. yesaya June 18, 2012 at 16:25 #

That hair looks ridiculous.

12. Genni June 18, 2012 at 17:39 #

She looks like Duckie from Pretty in Pink

13. Amy June 18, 2012 at 19:59 #

the dress is nice but I’m a bit bummed that she keeps wearing couture everywhere. All those fab gowns would have made major red carpet moments for her or someone else, it’s just a waste the wy she’s wearing them.

14. ash June 18, 2012 at 21:01 #

I love it! I love how she doesn’t need a red carpet to wear couture. the world IS her red carpet. It’s so crazy for her to wear such expensive clothes for everyday chores, but I mean, she’s Gaga after all!

I love herrrrrr, she doesn’t need a red carpet to look the best.

15. Sharon June 19, 2012 at 01:29 #

At first glance, I thought she was planning to perform in “Evita”. Except for the blue hair, she looks a whole lot like Eva Peron.

16. Hisadora June 19, 2012 at 02:07 #

Green hair with this piece of art that is her dress??? no no Lady Gaga.

17. SashaQueenie June 19, 2012 at 07:30 #

Wow, jealous much!? Who takes fashion, let alone couture, seriously?
    Life is short, I say, do whatever you want and if it hurts no one, go right ahead. I applaud Lady Gaga for being adventurous and willing to promote couture. Good for her.

18. Jess2 June 19, 2012 at 12:32 #

To be honest, I wasn’t a big fan of this gown to begin with, I preferred some of the other pieces in the collection. Unfortunately, Gaga’s styling is terrible so all in all I don’t like anything about this look.

19. Dhppy June 19, 2012 at 21:05 #

This Arelier Versace collection is eye catching. The gown is fantastic. No, I don’t like the hair or the glasses, but the platforms add to the futuristic style of the gown.

20. JeeVeS July 8, 2012 at 06:36 #

Wow. Its amazing how you guys make couture seem more important than the person who’s wearing it. Gaga looks amazing.