Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Erdem – Trooping The Colour 2012

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, joined her royal family on Saturday afternoon for the Trooping the Colour ceremony at Buckingham Palace which marked the Queen’s official birthday celebrations.

The Duchess wore a beautiful custom-made Erdem Resort 2012 dress.

Catherine’s sky-blue dress features tonal embroidered floral details whereas the lookbook version had multi-coloured embroidery.

A matching Jane Corbett hat complemented her dress, plus it also kept her tresses under control as it was a windy day.

We can’t see her shoes, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she was wearing her favourite nude LK Bennett pumps.

A grey clutch completed her look.

It’s nice to have something new from the Duchess, but I’m sure we will see this dress again at some point.

I just hope she gives it more than two weeks next time.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Cheryl Cole's Paige Denim Verdugo Ultra Skinny Jeans

Cheryl Cole’s Paige Denim Verdugo Ultra Skinny Jeans

Lily Donaldson In Lanvin - Harrods Summer Sale Launch

Lily Donaldson In Lanvin – Harrods Summer Sale Launch

24 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Erdem – Trooping The Colour 2012

1. TL June 18, 2012 at 10:10 #

She looks pretty, and her hat is really cute! But I also wish she can wear the lookbook version.

• Emi June 18, 2012 at 11:26 #

I agree with you, the lookbook version is more interesting and beautiful. I love the hat!

• jo June 18, 2012 at 13:00 #

my fought exactly, lookbook version is way better. She looks nice though.

• Christine June 18, 2012 at 14:08 #

The lookbook version would’ve been too good to be true. She looks nice in a way she always looked nice.

Reading this, I had to laugh a little. I agree with FC about the two week repeat rule.

2. Alina June 18, 2012 at 10:15 #

Why not a chic updo?

3. d June 18, 2012 at 10:18 #

pretty set of cloths but hair is a bit messy

4. Yeliz June 18, 2012 at 10:31 #

I would’ve preferred the lookbook version and a updo, but she looks beautiful nonetheless.

• dee June 18, 2012 at 14:13 #

5. Betty Brandenburg June 18, 2012 at 11:09 #

match match match…. it’s too bad they changed the look book version for her, as the one-tone version looks a little … frumpy. Nice hat, but a multi-coloured original would have allowed her to wear a differently shaded hat, and would have been much more interesting. I am almost glad I can’t see her feet.

• Iris June 18, 2012 at 12:36 #

+ 1

• Grace Patricia June 18, 2012 at 23:00 #

Agreed. She lost a great opportunity to look amazing.

6. Nat June 18, 2012 at 11:09 #

I don’t know…the dress is beautiful, but the style and the colour age her. It’s something that would look great on someone slightly older than her. I don’t even like her fascinator on this occasion.

p.s. Is the Queen wearing the same outfit she wore at Kate and William’s wedding? Boy, the royal family is pretty serious about this recycling thing, aren’t they? :-)

• Leti June 18, 2012 at 15:56 #

ITA with your comments re: Kate. The more colorful version would have been preferred. I would have liked to her hair up, as well. As some of the other posters have noted, this just looks messy!

To answer your question about the queen–yes, that’s the same outfit from the wedding. She’s apparently recycled it back in October, as well.

7. robbie June 18, 2012 at 11:37 #

wish she pulled her hair back or had it in a bun. her majesty looks beautiful in her lemon ensemble, she really does love colour.

8. Imma June 18, 2012 at 12:18 #

I don’t like the outfit at all, She looks older and her hair looks careless this time. Definitely, I would’ve preferred the lookbook version.

9. Lee Ann June 18, 2012 at 12:25 #

For once I actually love the dress, but why ruin it with that matching comedy hat? Why not something chicer and toning and do not get me started on the hair.

10. bm June 18, 2012 at 13:59 #

Ok, that hat is starting to look ridiculous.

11. elaine2 June 18, 2012 at 16:27 #

that hat is atrocious.
    The color of that dress is very aging on her. Ewww…… Yes, thank goodness we didn’t have to see her shoes…

12. Amy June 18, 2012 at 20:08 #

the dress is nice but a bit shapeless on her. And as always the hat is ridiculous

13. Kyriaki-Cyprus June 18, 2012 at 21:27 #

I must be one of the few who is crazy about the hats, and especially the ones worn by the Duchess! Not too excited about the hat but she looks great nonetheless.

14. snowlion June 18, 2012 at 22:49 #

Another Nanna colour and shape, if it’s windy wear your hair up! She has her good moments, but they are becoming increasingly rare as she descends into senior cit’s time-after-time.

15. Dhppy June 19, 2012 at 06:02 #

I usually like her headgear, but not today. The dress is slightly dowdy. I don’t know why she keeps doing this: showing good taste in runway dresses, only to remove the most unique traits from them. Perhaps with more time and confidence she’ll wear some wonderful things. Or, she could just hang out with Emma Stone.

16. Jess2 June 19, 2012 at 11:30 #

Glad to see Prince Phillip out with everyone :) I think the dress is nice enough but nothing to get excited about, especially because it is basically the same colour that Camilla wore – not good as it has an aging effect. Would have loved seeing her in the lookbook version. I don’t really like the hat either, I prefer her in more demure and understanded fascinators/hats

17. hero June 20, 2012 at 23:31 #

That hat looks stupid with that dress- the dress calls for a prettier /softer hat.