Miranda Cosgrove In Versus – 2012 Young Hollywood Awards

Miranda Cosgrove joined a host of young stars on the red carpet for the 2012 Young Hollywood Awards held at the Hollywood Athletic Club, in LA yesterday evening.

The actress chose to wear a Versus Fall 2012 dress.

Her sexy, chic navy blue mini-dress accented with black cord lace-up straps may remind you of a similar dress Diane Kruger wore during Cannes Film Festival – sans cut out details.

Whilst I want to bemoan her constant use of leg stumping ankle boots on the red carpet, I actually really like them on this occasion.

The dress required a bit of an attitude so the whole look works for me.

Do you feel the same?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

17 Comments
Julianne Hough's Kelly Wearstler Mesh Print Tee And Ray-Ban Classic Wayfarer Sunglasses

Julianne Hough’s Kelly Wearstler Mesh Print Tee And Ray-Ban Classic Wayfarer Sunglasses

Malin Akerman In Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti - 'Rock Of Ages' Stockholm Premiere

Malin Akerman In Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti – ‘Rock Of Ages’ Stockholm Premiere

17 Responses to Miranda Cosgrove In Versus – 2012 Young Hollywood Awards

1. lily June 15, 2012 at 17:17 #

I’m dissapointed she changed the dress and Diane Kruger wore it better, I like the colour though.

• bas June 15, 2012 at 18:23 #

I agree. Those boots are terrible with the dress, and the hairstyle doesn’t work for me. She gets a no from me.

2. Dani June 15, 2012 at 17:21 #

I really adore this whole look!
    Speaking of young starlets – have you seen Chloe Moretz at the Max Mara cocktail party? love it!

3. Yeliz June 15, 2012 at 17:25 #

The dress looks amazing on her, but the overall look is just ok for me.

4. Ritika June 15, 2012 at 17:43 #

I would have preferred some edgier footwear, boots or pumps or whatever. But not this.

5. Odette June 15, 2012 at 18:59 #

The blue version works perfectly on Miranda. Great choice.

The booties get a (begrudging) pass because she is a bootie fan just as much as Chloe Sevigny and Victoria Justice. Booties to Miranda are like tights to Zooey Deschanel.

6. Nat39 June 15, 2012 at 19:22 #

After seeing those Jimmy Choo “Katima” sandals on Diane, this doesn’t quite work for me.

• Christine June 15, 2012 at 22:51 #

Agreed. The booties “edge” up the look indeed but I do not like boots with dresses like this in general.

• Alina June 16, 2012 at 08:23 #

I agree.

7. Dhppy June 15, 2012 at 19:40 #

Though I understand getting rid of the cut outs if that seems a bit too much for some, I cannot forgive losing the cheerleader like swing in that skirt. She’s taken a lot of the fun out of this dress.

8. robbie June 15, 2012 at 19:54 #

the dress was ruined by not having the cut outs. the hair is boring, the ankle boots are ugly. she is so pretty but this is bad.

9. Leti June 15, 2012 at 20:31 #

I don’t mind that she removed the cut outs, but I would have liked to see her with her hair up so we could see the remaining details of the should straps. For me, by covering up the shoulders, the dress looses everything that makes it unique. This looks very generic as she wore it.

10. d June 16, 2012 at 00:37 #

really like it :) wasnt Diane Kruger in this as well?

• Fashion Critic June 16, 2012 at 00:45 #

that is what I said in the text

11. effieee June 16, 2012 at 01:59 #

The thing is she probably could’ve gotten away with wearing a bootie with this dress because it does add some edge, however her choice of bootie is simply dull. The girl needs new shoes.

12. kane June 16, 2012 at 14:28 #

For me the attitude is taken out of the dress precisely with the changes she made to it in comparison to Diane. With this hair you hardly see ANY straps now. Maybe even the colour–I like the navy, but the burgundy added a twist to it. Not sure if I would have chosen it for the photocall in Cannes, but this doesn’t hold a candle to Diane imho.

13. Jess2 June 17, 2012 at 07:56 #

I completely agree with you FC, the boots work on this occasion. Miranda looks fabulous in the dress and the colour is wonderful on her.