Florence Welch In Gucci – Bulgari Hotel London Opening Party

Florence Welch attended the The Bulgari Hotel London opening party in Knightsbridge on Tuesday evening.

The singer, who’s recently returned to London after touring the US, wore a Gucci Fall 2012 gown.

Her burgundy silk georgette gown with a slashed neckline and cascading ruffles looked stunning. Just as beautiful as I expected it to look on her. She really is a great ambassador for Gucci.

I love the look even more without the black velvet sash.

With the dress doing most of the talking, she didn’t need many accessories, but she did select a Bulgari Serpenti minaudière clutch plus a yellow gold and mother of pearl Serpenti ring and a pink gold, diamond and onyx Serpenti ring from Bulgari’s High Jewelry Collection

Flawless makeup and side-swept wavy flame hair completed the look.

Credit: Daniele Venturelli/Courtesy of Bulgari

Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture Front Row

Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture Front Row

Emma Stone In Burberry Prorsum - 'The Amazing Spider-Man' Seoul Press Conference

Emma Stone In Burberry Prorsum – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Seoul Press Conference

17 Responses to Florence Welch In Gucci – Bulgari Hotel London Opening Party

1. Dan Oliver June 14, 2012 at 12:04 #

Love this as soon as i seen this collection I couldn’t wait to see who would wear this dress I’m delighted Florence chose this she look flawless.

2. Lara June 14, 2012 at 12:41 #

I sorry, but I have to disagree. While the colour is stunning on her, I dislike the dress itself. Way too many ruffles, and way too long, even on someone as tall as she is. The clutch also seems off to me.

• carolina June 14, 2012 at 13:26 #

I agree with you. It looks like too much fabric, unfortunately. The color and style are great on her, but it’s not well fitted.

• EmmaWoodhouse June 20, 2012 at 14:22 #

Yes, I like the color but not really anything else. It looks kind of dated and heavy. Also, I’m not sure about the color ON HER. I think it would be better on a brunette. Plus I don’t like her bangs…

3. Christine June 14, 2012 at 12:46 #

She really is a great ambassador for Gucci.

4. Christine June 14, 2012 at 12:47 #

I like the way she is wearing this dress better than the model.

5. Alina June 14, 2012 at 12:55 #

WOW!

6. Angela June 14, 2012 at 13:01 #

Stunning! Florence hit a high note here, she has the height to pull off this tricky gown, and she even improved it by not opting to use the sash! Can’t wait to see more looks from her.

7. Yeliz June 14, 2012 at 13:14 #

I’m not a fan of dresses with ruffles but I can give a pass on the is one. She looks great, but I would’ve preferred an updo.

8. dee June 14, 2012 at 13:46 #

I prefer this on the model. I like the contrast of the blonde hair with the burgundy dress. Florence’s hair is too close to the color of the dress for me and I miss the belt. I think it looks with it.

9. Neri June 14, 2012 at 13:50 #

Sorry guys but everything sexy on a catwalk, if Florence wears it – looks non sexy to me. She makes many ensembles look “flagging” and badly fitted.

10. Arina June 14, 2012 at 14:19 #

Love this, she looks so wonderful in bold colours!

11. Nat June 14, 2012 at 15:09 #

The dress is stunning on her, better than on the runway. Leaving the sash out was a good choice.

The colour is so beautiful and rich, but I can’t help thinking it’s also very autumn-like. Overall, between the amount of fabric and the colour, this doesn’t really feel season-appropriate.
    I know celebs want to wear Fall collections right now, but honestly…if a dress is meant to be worn in a certain season, isn’t it better to actually wear it in that season?

12. tiffany June 14, 2012 at 20:01 #

ummm … it’s not even summer yet, what’s with the heavy fall colors and dresses? This look is making me sweat and the hair being the same color makes it almost cartoonish, like a muppet or something. I’d love to see her in some fitted pant suits or soemthing. She doesn’t look as good in dresses as she might think. There is a rough/toughness about her that would be much better suited to more angular, structured looks.

13. Dhppy June 14, 2012 at 20:19 #

Amazing! This looks much better than the runway version. I’m glad she left out the sash and the clutch is wonderful. One of the best ensembles I’ve seen in weeks.

• Dhppy June 14, 2012 at 20:22 #

…and not since Christina Ricci have I seen a hip popped with such expertise.

14. Nat39 June 14, 2012 at 22:11 #

Choosing a standout clutch was a bad idea – it’s competing with the ruffle-busy dress, taking the focus away from it, should’ve opted for simple black instead.
    Love the gown on the model- it’s sexy and moody, whereas on Florence it’s just gloomy and aging.