Emma Stone In Fendi – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Seoul Premiere

Another day and another premiere for Emma Stone and co-star/boyfriend Andrew Garfield.

The couple attended their second premiere, in so many days, for their latest movie ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ in Seoul, South Korea, this evening.

While Andrew looked dapper in his berry suit, Emma showed off her legs in an unfortunate Fendi Pre-Fall 2012 printed mini dress.

The dress isn’t really ‘major movie premiere’ material, but it’s the accessories which really kill this look for me.

I have never been a fan of the Stella McCartney Fall 2012 pumps with the white platforms so I can get past that, but the football shoulder pads are hideous.

Why? Really. Why?

The leather layered piece with a high collar was some attempt to make this look edgy, but it is so unnecessary and not very unflattering.

I can’t imagine what the thought process was when this was decided.

Things are not quite working out the way I hoped. I just have to be honest and say out loud that so far this promo tour blows.

I’m bitterly disappointed so far.

Emma wore her blonde locks piled into a high bun and completed her look with plenty of bright pink lipstick.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jaime King In Peter Pilotto - Persol Magnificent Obsessions: 30 Stories Of Craftmanship In Film Event

Jaime King In Peter Pilotto – Persol Magnificent Obsessions: 30 Stories Of Craftmanship In Film Event

Cheryl Cole In Ksubi - Dinner In Paris

Cheryl Cole In Ksubi – Dinner In Paris

31 Responses to Emma Stone In Fendi – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Seoul Premiere

1. robbie June 14, 2012 at 19:42 #

really wanted to like this look because the dress is beautiful, but this is a major let down.

looking back at her in the rochas dress again i have to say it really does look messy.

the movie might be called “the amazing spider-man” but her looks are far from amazing.

2. Odette June 14, 2012 at 19:44 #

I am starting to think Emma is playing a trick on us so she can wow us with her next looks. ‘Best for last’ might be her strategy…

3. Parvati June 14, 2012 at 19:48 #

I don’t really like this look, but, although I don’t like the neckline-shoulder detail either, I don’t think the dress is that bad. As for the pumps, we’ve seen them many times worn on the red carpet and I always thought I liked them, but well… I had only seen them from the front. From the side, they look really bad!

4. Yeliz June 14, 2012 at 19:54 #

The leather layered piece is really unnecessary. If it wasn’t used and if the dress would’ve been more flattering, than it may have been ok for me. Although I agree that this look is not movie premiere material.

I’m quite confused by this promo tour. I loved her Rue du Mail look, disliked her Rochas look, loved her Burberry look and now dislike this look. It appears that she likes to be flawless one time and full of flaws the another.

5. Emmeline June 14, 2012 at 19:56 #

I’ve really loved both of her press conference looks, but haven’t been impressed with the premiers – especially today. I absolutely hate the way she’s worn her hair.

Hopefully her stylist gets it together soon. We’ve all seen her do so much better.

6. dee June 14, 2012 at 19:57 #

I guess I am in the minorirty but I like this outfit. I think she looks great.

• SS June 15, 2012 at 14:43 #

7. roxy June 14, 2012 at 19:58 #

I like the dress print but you’re so right the accessories are bad. I think they should have ripped off the contrast collar and maybe done on of those detachable peter pan leather collars and the shoes are hideous. As for the shoulder pads- they couldn’t be more unflattering

8. Serena June 14, 2012 at 19:59 #

Nothing mindblowing, but I don’t think it’s that bad. The shoes are ugly but they work with the dress. After the Rochas look last night, I think this is an upgrade.

9. bm June 14, 2012 at 20:00 #

I knew that this promo tour will be difficult for her, coz so far (this year only), i don’t have any favorite looks from what she offered to me. But finger-crossed for what she wearing in next stop.

10. From Russia With Love June 14, 2012 at 20:08 #

I think I may be in the minority here but I really like waht I see. It’s something fresh and she didn’t overcooked it with her styling. Nice to see some interesting silhouette from Karl translating well off the runway (the usual problem with Chanel). BDOTW from me.

11. Melanie June 14, 2012 at 20:21 #

I actually like this outfit. I don’t mind the shoe platform and I think that the leather collar and shoulder piece is interesting and not too offensive. I’d say it’s a good look on her part, although not her best

12. Shelby June 14, 2012 at 20:29 #

Does she use a stylist? Is anyone telling her that these looks are a good idea? the orange dress from the first press conference was decent, but everything else ahas been disappointing. She really needs to rethink her fashion choices on this press tour.

• roxy June 14, 2012 at 21:44 #

her stylist is Petra Flannery

13. Marilena June 14, 2012 at 20:59 #

Not liking this.
    I wonder if she’s trying too hard. I don’t know, but her game has been off.

14. Hannah June 14, 2012 at 21:36 #

I absolutely adore Emma Stone, but I agree about the promo tour. She has done generally well on the press conferences, but she really should be shining at the premieres. I hate the shoes too, I just think that they are so ugly.

15. Tea June 14, 2012 at 22:02 #

Ugh! Really don’t like anything about Emma’s look here…but I do like the dress and the styling for the lookbook. Of course nothing about that says movie premiere so I’m also wondering who thought it would translate well…quite perplexing!

16. Sanette June 14, 2012 at 22:48 #

The dress is not that bad although I don’t like the waistline. I hate the shoes though.

17. Magdalena. June 14, 2012 at 22:55 #

I think you’re just expecting too much from her…

18. Dhppy June 15, 2012 at 00:27 #

From the neck up she looks wonderful. I think the shoes go with the dress, I just don’t like either of them.

19. ciro June 15, 2012 at 00:49 #

so far all her photocall dresses are way better than the premiere

20. Hannah June 15, 2012 at 02:37 #

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that she is saving her big looks for the more major premieres.

21. Ritika June 15, 2012 at 03:09 #

Agreed that it is an underwhelming look for a movie premiere, but i actually quite like the dress. Maybe with better hair, and a more confident pose, she would have been able to sell this look. Better luck next time Emma.

22. Angela June 15, 2012 at 03:45 #

I can’t say I hate this look, but this isn’t the Emma we saw during awards season while she promoted The Help. She was unstoppable, delivering fashion home runs time after time. The same cannot be said for this promo tour. The Rochas dress was sloppy, ill-fitted, bland, and unflattering, like many other looks on this tour. Where are the magic moments we have all been craving from Emma?

23. Christine June 15, 2012 at 05:30 #

The shoulder pads are unnecessary. I Thought during the pre-selecting looks for upcoming photo appearances requires more thought..? I guess not. I had high expectations. Let’s see if she can bring it at the premieres in London/NY/L.A

So far…nothing too exciting.

24. pipsqueak June 15, 2012 at 06:59 #

Fail. The dress doesn’t go with the shoes or the hair. She looked like a C-lister.

25. Jess2 June 15, 2012 at 08:50 #

PETRA, WHAT IS HAPPENING??? The dress is unflattering and the hair feels dated. Cannot stand the shoes :(

26. Zannie June 15, 2012 at 09:30 #

The scissor happy stylist strikes again.

27. Alina June 15, 2012 at 14:31 #

Her photocall looks are beautiful, but the premiere ones … bad, really bad.

28. Amy June 15, 2012 at 16:58 #

i like this look minus the hair. I don’t know what everyone is talking about, by the way Emma never wears big dress or gowns to premieres she keeps it “simple” most of the time

29. Brena June 18, 2012 at 07:01 #

Loved the look. Emma Stone is stunning… Everything dresses her well. :)