14.06.12

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In M Missoni – Diamond Jubilee Nottingham Visit

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge joined Queen Elizabeth for a visit to Vernon Park in Nottingham on Wednesday as part of the Diamond Jubilee tour around the UK.

The royal paired a blue tweed M Missoni coatdress with a complementary navy Rachel Trevor-Morgan fascinator.

Avid followers of Catherine’s style will recognize both of these pieces.

The circular fascinator was worn almost exactly one year ago at the Irish Guards Medal Parade, while we first saw this M Missoni coat just three months ago at a plaque unveiling at Fortnum & Mason store.

Under her M Missoni coat, it would appear that she is also recycling her favourite cornflower blue Zara dress.

Putting a new spin on some familiar pieces, Catherine added an aptly named Jaeger ‘Kate Bag’, which she carried as a clutch, and black pumps.

Are you a fan of Catherine’s recycled style, or do you wish she’d give us fresher outfits?

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Which Was Your Favourite Cobie Smulders ‘The Avengers’ Promotional Tour Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Cobie Smulders ‘The Avengers’ Promotional Tour Look?

Cheryl Cole In Dion Lee - Girls Night Out In Paris

Cheryl Cole In Dion Lee – Girls Night Out In Paris

39 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In M Missoni – Diamond Jubilee Nottingham Visit

1. Caro June 14, 2012 at 10:41 #

I think it is refreshing to see her managing her closet as any mere mortal has to. On top, this is very much in line with current times and mood especially in Europe. She is a public figure and this “recycling” is very appreciated by the public. How different and classier than all the sex-taped, herve-legger-clad starlettes out-there.

• Beta June 14, 2012 at 11:33 #

agree!

• Sea June 14, 2012 at 19:21 #

+2. Style aside, I love the fact that she recycles. I mean why not? I’ve also seen Nicole Kidman recycle her clothes and jewelry.

• EmmaWoodhouse June 20, 2012 at 14:18 #

I am in total agreement. I like the recycling and think that she looks always chic, appropriate, and inspiring.

2. T from Sydney June 14, 2012 at 10:46 #

i dont mind her repeating outfits….so long as she eventually buys new clothes and then keeps them on rotation.

regardless i always think she looks stunning

3. Ancika June 14, 2012 at 10:49 #

I love her recycled style! Keep it real, Catherine! :)

4. JoJo June 14, 2012 at 10:58 #

zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

She could sell what she has worn and donate the proceeds to charity. Like I’ve said before, any stylist could get her 10 outfits for each event if she wanted.

Help the economy Kate and wear something new that is still in the shops! Oh and your 30 not 55.

• Lee Ann June 14, 2012 at 11:42 #

on behalf of 55 year olds-i would never were that outfit. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Sanette June 14, 2012 at 11:52 #

This. Sometimes I think the Queen helps her choose her outfits.

• Annel June 14, 2012 at 15:30 #

Agree. I don’t mind recycling – I just find the way she puts together the pieces very dull. But perhaps there are certain style codes she has to obey..

• Grace Patricia June 14, 2012 at 15:50 #

I guess that’s it. It’s the Queen’s style she’s always wearing. Isn’t she allowed to wear pants?
        The shoes are awful, I’m not rich but I have better shoes than she does. Makeup is also boring. I just remember one single moment I thought she was gorgeous: wearing the green Jenny Packham dress.

• Grace Patricia June 14, 2012 at 15:52 #

What’s the weather like in London these days? I guess it’s also not very summery.

• Fashion Critic June 14, 2012 at 16:14 #

not even close to feeling like summer

• Amy June 14, 2012 at 16:23 #

LOL
        I don’t think so because the Queen has never been afraid to wear, shocking,bright colors which aren’t Kate’s thing it seems.

• Tati M June 14, 2012 at 17:46 #

+1. Always so plain boring…

5. Beta June 14, 2012 at 11:33 #

just checked that the bag/clutch retail for only 75pounds, relatively inexpensive.
    she’s one of the few celebs that i can afford the stuff they wear :) :) (sometimes)
    Ive discovered a couple of cool british brands like orla kierly thanks to her
    so good for her!

6. robbie June 14, 2012 at 11:54 #

i love the coat/dress but i hate the whole look being matchy matchy.

7. Dan Oliver June 14, 2012 at 11:59 #

I have to agree with jojo i think its boring she is young have some fun i no there are strict rules but i love seeing her in mc queen i think it suits her this just ages her dramatically

8. Karen June 14, 2012 at 12:10 #

I don’t mind refresher outfits, but her clothing is dull and boring. Half the time I think new pieces are repeats any how. The Queen’s dress coats are more interesting and they’re well suited for her 85-year-old frame. Kate is 30, not 80. The 40-something royals dress younger than Kate and come off as more put together: Sophie, Rania, Mary, Martha-Louis, Mette-Marit, Haya etc. So in my opinion this is not about being proper or royal, it’s just Kate has a very dull wardrobe. This is not a personal attack, I just don’t like her clothing.

9. noo June 14, 2012 at 12:13 #

The outfit looks good :D i love it that she recycles, because she is a royal not an entertainer and so it helps make that distinction! i also like that she changed up the styling, though i preferred all the elements the first time i saw them! my only real issue is how low the hat is on her forehead, in some photos it’s hat then eyebrows immediately :S

10. d June 14, 2012 at 12:21 #

an outfit for a lady at queen’s age not kate’s

11. CreoleLady June 14, 2012 at 12:29 #

The styles were boring the first time and are boring again. She looks perfectly acceptable. I wish she would consider a different hairstyle when she wears hats and fascinators.

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone else on this blog in a recycled look but I could be wrong about that. Seeing someone like Solange Knowledge or Olivia Wilde recycle might be interesting because the looks are interesting in the first place. But seeing someone like the Duchess do it is almost a guanteed yawn-inducer and redundant.

• CreoleLady June 14, 2012 at 13:25 #

I forgot about the “celebrity obsessions” feature on this blog — a feature which I love. So I was indeed wrong, at least about recycled pieces being featured.

12. couturecoco June 14, 2012 at 12:36 #

I think it’s great! But she’s hardly the only Royal to do it, Princess Anne has been recycling her clothes for decades and ridiculed for it. It’s plain sensible, not just because of the economic climate and maybe this is just her nature whether she married into royalty or not. I believe William loves her all the more for it.

13. Christine June 14, 2012 at 12:56 #

I am no fan of the samey same boring style BUT…There is nothing wrong with wearing recycled outfits. I think its a modernized thing to do! How nice. But as royalty and a modern day princess, people expect her to to dress up a bit. It would be nice to see her wearing something new for a change but this is her signature style. She obviously feels comfortable sporting the same look or two every 2 weeks to 3 months.

She is no fashion icon in a sense of the word but good for her for sticking to what she knows and likes.

• Yeliz June 14, 2012 at 13:35 #

14. Alina June 14, 2012 at 13:22 #

I don’t want to sound mean, but she looks old here.

15. TL June 14, 2012 at 13:46 #

Don’t mind the recycled styles, but I wish she can change her makeup and hairstyle, especially the makeup style, it ages her.

16. Fatima June 14, 2012 at 18:29 #

The color of the coat is lovely, but it’s completely shapeless. Ugly shoes. She does look aged, and her horrible make-up just makes things worse.

17. Fola June 14, 2012 at 19:07 #

I don’t normally comment on Kate posts because I realise she does have restrictions on how she can dress, but this outfit right here is doing her no favours! It’s great that she doesn’t feel pressure to wear something new all the time, but please give us something that’s young and fresh! Tons of women have to dress ‘conservatively’ everyday and they do it with much more style than this!

18. J June 14, 2012 at 20:04 #

Here’s a look that would be nice:

Keep the coat and hat, add a pair of cream pants, and a cool belt (I know she has some) cinched in at the waist of the coat to give it some shape. Unbutton the top of the coat so that a colorful or printed top or even just a necklace can be seen.

Wash her face… use some brighteners around the eyes (NO EYELINER) and a soft pink blush (NOT ORANGEY) and a slightly more pick lip gloss.

Put the hair up in a chignon or a french twist and move the hat back a little bit.

I can’t imagine that would break any dress codes and it would make her look so much more put together.

Please Kate, get a makeover

• J June 14, 2012 at 20:08 #

Ohh and finally… some stylish shoes (NOT geriatric shoes). That is the one area I feel that people with dress restrictions can have a bit of fun with.

How I would love to have her wear those blue and coral Nicholas Kirkwood patent leather trimmed satin sandals you have featured on the right with this outfit… maybe with a coral top to pull the whole look together.

Ahhh one can wish right?

19. Elizabeth June 14, 2012 at 20:07 #

She can’t win for losing. It’s a lovely look on her for the occasion. If she was wearing a new outfit for every occasion then people would complain about her spending money. If she was wearing the outfits that people think she should wear then they would complain about her trying to be a “fashion icon.” I applaud her for sticking to what she knows and not listening to anyone else. I not a fan of hers but criticizing every detail is becoming annoying.

20. Mille June 14, 2012 at 23:02 #

For her it is not only about style. She is part of royal family and as they are critiqued about their spending and the fact that in UK it isn’t all rainbows and unicorns it is subtle way of showing that they are more like normal people.
    I like that she wears her clothes more than once 0 it shows how you can change one look.

21. Jazz June 15, 2012 at 01:13 #

*yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn* and that fascinator is awful

22. Saree June 15, 2012 at 02:33 #

Is she still doing her own make up? Cause if so, hire a make up artist quick! It looks so heavy and just a mess. The second pic looks like those 18 yo’s out on town on a Saturday night that smear bronzer all over their face.

As for the outfit, recycled is a pleasant surprise, if it was a nice outfit perhaps. I agree with everyone hear that says it ages her dramatically. And yes, there probably are strict guidelines she is ‘meant’ to obey but whilst she is young, live a little and wear something she looks comfortable, not forced in.

23. Nika June 15, 2012 at 02:54 #

I don’t mind that she recycles looks- after all, she’s a person too, and we all wear things more than once. But I wish she wouldn’t dress like an old lady all the time!

24. Molly June 15, 2012 at 04:47 #

What a shame. I loved that hat the first time she wore it, that entire outfit was probably one of her best, but this is just…blah. If she is going to re wear things, she needs to learn how to match outfits together. The hat and shoes are completely wrong for that coat and this shade of blue just doesnt work on her. Someone get her a dresser already because this is proof that she doesnt know how to do it herself.

25. Richard Doyle June 16, 2012 at 13:21 #

The Duchess of Cambridge could have the fashion world at her beck and call if she wanted but she chooses not to bother. Thats the whole point in being a royal – above it all. She always looks appropriate for her age, shape and role. (Apart from when she wore a dress that, despite modification, had previously been worn by reality TV stars – it was awful to see her name in the same articles as people like that)