10.06.12 Premiere

Julianne Hough In Valentino – ‘Rock Of Ages’ London Premiere

Julianne Hough and the cast of ‘Rock Of Ages’, sans Catherine Zeta Jones, hit the red carpet at the Odeon Leicester Square for the London premiere this evening.

I was determined to like Julianne’s look on this occasion, but I failed to fall in love with her Valentino LBD.

Mostly it’s the puffy polka dot sheer sleeves which are throwing me.

They seem so out of place with the deep plunging sexy neckline.

I do however love her hair on this occasion. If only she’d styled her hair in this manner for the LA premiere, it would’ve taken that look up several notches.

Casadei satin platforms and a silver statement ring completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Devon Aoki In Alice + Olivia  & Emma Stone In Martin Grant

Best Dressed Of The Week – Devon Aoki In Alice + Olivia & Emma Stone In Martin Grant

Malin Akerman In Marchesa - ‘Rock Of Ages’ London Premiere

Malin Akerman In Marchesa – ‘Rock Of Ages’ London Premiere

16 Responses to Julianne Hough In Valentino – ‘Rock Of Ages’ London Premiere

1. Yeliz June 10, 2012 at 20:24 #

For me it’s the platforms, which are throwing me. I really like the rest of her look, her make up is flawless.

2. Nat39 June 10, 2012 at 20:46 #

Adorable hairstyle, lovely fresh makeup. It’s the deep neckline that bothers me on this occasion with the overall cute feel of the look. I say, make it a bit more modest, and can keep the sleeves.

3. Odette June 10, 2012 at 21:19 #

I don’t get this look at all. It doesn’t suit her at all.

4. Parvati June 10, 2012 at 22:04 #

This is a huge improvement from the LA premiere, but the main reason I’m saying this is because of the hair and make-up which are great here. The dress is cute and I don’t mind the clash of the cute sleeves with the sexy neckline. I think the sleeves prevent the dress from being completely predictable.

• Alina June 11, 2012 at 11:09 #

I would have liked better shoes.

• Ioana June 11, 2012 at 13:40 #

+ 1. YES!!! I absolutely love her HAIR and MAKE UP. so fresh and clean.

I don’t mind the sleeves, because it makes that dress look more interesting.

5. Christine June 10, 2012 at 23:02 #

Aging her drastically.

6. Hannah June 11, 2012 at 01:12 #

She is absolutely gorgeous & so fresh faced so I adore the hair with the head band on her, she is one of few who could pull it off. However, I don’t like the shoes & I really don’t like the dress, she is either trying too hard or dressing boringly, and for such a beautiful girl with such an amazing body & great colouring it should be easy for her.

7. Marybeth June 11, 2012 at 01:25 #

The dress isn’t working for me. She reminds me a little too much of a waitress at a German beer-house. ;)
    She nevertheless looks fresh and pretty.

8. Taylor June 11, 2012 at 05:22 #

Terrible. This look is very similar to the one Kate Winslet wore to the Titanic 3D premiere a couple of months ago… Julianne look like a hobo in comparison.

9. Emi June 11, 2012 at 06:16 #

Well, this is an ugly look. I hardly believe this is Valentino. I agree with you, FC, about the sleeves and the deep neckline. I like hair and shoes. I agree with Marybeth about the dress reminding a sexy waitress at a German beer-house, I thought the same thing.

10. Jess2 June 11, 2012 at 13:05 #

Hair and makeup is perfection but I agree that the sleeves of the dress are awful.

11. dee June 11, 2012 at 13:44 #

Ugly dress and shoes. Hair and makeup are on point.

12. Karen June 11, 2012 at 17:25 #

I think the dress is cute. I don’t think it’s cute on her. Something just doesn’t look right with her cleavage neckline area. And those shoes are just wrong.

13. EmmaWoodhouse June 11, 2012 at 18:25 #

The hair is 100% improved–a cute look that flatters her. I actually like the shoes but the dress is simultaneously too revealing and too babyish. She should have chosen a different dress altogether.

14. Katie June 12, 2012 at 12:25 #

She is a pretty girl but i think she never fully gets it right, the dress isn’t fitting her properly here something always seems to be off