Malin Akerman In Reem Acra – ‘Rock Of Ages’ LA Premiere

Malin Akerman joined Julianne Hough and Catherine Zeta-Jones on the red carpet yesterday evening for the ‘Rock Of Ages’ world premiere, held at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.

Dressed in a Reem Acra gown inspired by the Fall 2012 collection, the Swedish actress showed off a lot of skin.

Her black gown with cut out details, silver metallic panels and a hip-high split is a very risqué look for Malin.

From the side dress appears to be held together by a single thread. God help her if someone had stepped on her train.

Black Giuseppe Zanotti mesh sandals, an Edie Parker black clutch and side-swept wavy locks completed her look.

Too revealing or just right for a rock movie premiere?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Annabelle Wallis In Preen - BVLGARI Presents 'Decades Of Glamour'

Annabelle Wallis In Preen – BVLGARI Presents ‘Decades Of Glamour’

Mary J Blige In Catherine Malandrino - 'Rock Of Ages' LA Premiere

Mary J Blige In Catherine Malandrino – ‘Rock Of Ages’ LA Premiere

49 Responses to Malin Akerman In Reem Acra – ‘Rock Of Ages’ LA Premiere

1. Alina June 9, 2012 at 08:23 #

The cut-out detail seems a little too much. The hip-high split would have been enough.

• Ioana June 9, 2012 at 09:31 #

+1 true.

seems like Angelina Jolie’s high split (and pose =)) ) had a huge impact on celebs. they insist on showing more and more and more skin.

God, Malin Akerman, you’re beautiful. you don’t need to become tacky and cheap just to capture our attention.

2. fashiondate June 9, 2012 at 08:24 #

You look gorgeous – love that dress!

3. Jess2 June 9, 2012 at 08:25 #

Definitely toooo much! Had she worn the fabulous runway version, she would have knocked it out of the park but this is just coming off as cheap and trashy to me.

4. penny June 9, 2012 at 08:33 #

definitely not the right dress for her body.

5. Emi June 9, 2012 at 09:09 #

Well, it’s not the classiest gown I’ve ever seen but she looks great and not tacky at all. I like the shoes.

6. maggy June 9, 2012 at 09:25 #

Sometimes more fabric is more flattering. I would never call a dress too revealing or shocking, because there’s really nothing that hasn’t been done before, but in this case the cut-outs aren’t even flattering so there’s no point to them.

• Lina June 9, 2012 at 21:43 #

7. Nicole June 9, 2012 at 09:35 #

LOVE IT!
    It’s Rock of Ages premiere not Tea party with grandma.
    It might be risqué now, but 5 years down, this will probably look tame.
    She looks amazing, it’s a risk that paid off and she just oozes confidence!

8. noo June 9, 2012 at 09:43 #

i love this look. i agree with others that the dress is nit so right for her body, but i do love the styling and she’s got the right attitude for a dress like this :D

9. fashion accessory June 9, 2012 at 10:05 #

I just can’t take my eyes out of this picture half ninja half sexy

10. Lashae June 9, 2012 at 10:05 #

The runway dress is so much better and it looks better on the model also.

• kane June 9, 2012 at 17:36 #

I tend to agree, but their respective postures are quite different, which might contribute to this impression.

11. Yeliz June 9, 2012 at 10:57 #

I usually like what Malin wears, but unfortunately not this one. It looks tacky to me.

• Kaz June 10, 2012 at 02:03 #

I have to agree. I love Malin’s edgy feminine style usually, but this is just too much.

12. Carmen June 9, 2012 at 11:13 #

And also she needs a little colour in her skin, too pale to show that much.

13. ullis June 9, 2012 at 11:43 #

she doesnt have the waist for it..and its too revealing.

14. Nishta June 9, 2012 at 11:48 #

Is it just me or does the dress make her look as if she has no waistline?

15. firieness June 9, 2012 at 13:30 #

I think it’s too much plus unfortunately it reminds me a bit of Anja Rubik horrible dress at Met gala. She should have wore the runway version – much more classy.

16. tom June 9, 2012 at 13:30 #

she is considered canadian…she left sweden at 2 years old..

17. chris June 9, 2012 at 14:01 #

i like the look but maybe for a music awards gala…compared to the other celebs she looks overdressed and a bit out of place

18. Amy June 9, 2012 at 14:30 #

i love Malin but the runway version is wayyyyy better

19. Annemarie June 9, 2012 at 14:49 #

This dress needs a more defined waist.

20. Dan Oliver June 9, 2012 at 15:11 #

Runway version is very nice but Malins is to much

21. Odette June 9, 2012 at 17:11 #

She looked amazing when she was being interviewed. I think she got away with this for a rock movie premiere, but any other event and it would be inappropriate. I love the look on her. She is confident and working it.

22. Shaina June 9, 2012 at 17:29 #

Runway version would have been preferred, this was not tastefully done in my opinion. Other than the fact that there is just too much skin, she is rocking this dress and it fits with the rock star persona.

23. kane June 9, 2012 at 17:33 #

OK, let’s collect the facts: cleavage, (half a) waist, leg AND back. It’s one of these looks that don’t work for me “intellectually.” Even if it looked good (which imho it doesn’t), my head would still scream “wrong, something’s missing here,” sorry.

24. EmmaWoodhouse June 9, 2012 at 17:38 #

On and off the runway, this is dress is awfully revealing. SO tacky. It’s never appropriate to show that much skin, especially not on the red carpet!

25. Hannah June 9, 2012 at 17:41 #

I think that the runway look with a high bun would have made more impact. Also, I think that she chose this dress to reflect the movie, as other actresses appear to do on their promo tours.
    I think that her sandals are the giuseppe Zanotti ones that Jaime King wore a few weeks ago.

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2012 at 17:46 #

26. robbie June 9, 2012 at 17:54 #

trashy.

• dee June 11, 2012 at 13:42 #

27. Christine June 9, 2012 at 22:29 #

She is trying too damn hard in this dress.

28. Tina June 9, 2012 at 22:31 #

I liked the version on the model much more. The thigh-split looks to be more a hip-split on Malin, vaguely reminding me of the dress Anya R. wore to the Met. It’s just a bit too much, especially combined with all those cut outs.

• Raquel June 10, 2012 at 09:17 #

29. gabis June 9, 2012 at 22:32 #

Someone forgot to inform her that was movie premiere not a playboy magazine or any other masculine event. She looks painfully cheap and trashy. The runway dress with the cut out waist and split gives a sophisticated and sexy look well enough, she really didn’t need to go there and change it the way she did. Awful, awful. And she doesn’t even have a defined waist to pull off the cut out detail, so if anything, she should’ve changed that in the first place.

30. Jones19 June 9, 2012 at 22:57 #

I hate it. Not because it’s revealing but because the cut is not right for her figure, this makes her look wide.

31. Mindy June 9, 2012 at 23:34 #

The dress suits the model much more than Malin because the model’s body has more of a curve. Also, Malin is Swedish-Canadian. She’s a Canadian citizen.

32. Dhppy June 10, 2012 at 00:53 #

This is the same problem Naomi Watts has with her Versace gown. When you don’t have a defined waist, cut outs just draw attention to it.

33. rebecca o June 10, 2012 at 03:00 #

She should have worn the runway version. It’s far less tacky than her modified version.

34. mimi June 10, 2012 at 04:47 #

She looks great and I disagree with the other comments about Malin not having the body to carry it off – she has an incredble figure. For me, the problem here is that the higher neck on the runway version made the dress very sexy, but still classy enough for a premiere. Showing cleavage in addition to her stomach and all that leg was just going too far and ruined the incredible structure of the dress.

35. Dalal From Kuwait June 10, 2012 at 08:34 #

i honestly hate it! the dress is meant for a woman with curves and nice legs!she doesnt have any sort of a curve ! this is a sexy dress and sadly she doesnt have the least bit of feminine in her! sorry Malin i like ur smile though ;)

36. Rahel June 10, 2012 at 14:42 #

Her top looks like the bra. She should have kept the top of the runway version. This way it looks too slutty.

37. jen June 10, 2012 at 18:28 #

I like the runway version better. this version is just tacky, and not especially flattering.

38. Parvati June 10, 2012 at 21:55 #

I think it’s a bit too revealing. I don’t mind the modification at the bust area, but, at the split, like you said, it “appears to be held together by a single thread” and I find this too much. She shouldn’t have made that many modifications.

39. GGG June 10, 2012 at 23:16 #

She looks beautiful. Malin is a fashion risk-taker so I’m not surprised to see her experimenting a bit. This is very much inkeeping with her edgy style. No two of her looks are the same. Only tacky people look tacky on the red carpet. And she’s not.