Catherine Zeta-Jones In Zuhair Murad – ‘Rock Of Ages’ LA Premiere

Catherine Zeta-Jones attended the Friday night premiere for ‘Rock Of Ages’, held at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.

I held of putting together the BDOTW poll in anticipation of this premiere, believing CJZ would give us a worthy entry. I was wrong.

Dressed in a Zuhair Murad Fall 2012 one-sleeve cocktail dress, apparently the Welsh actress thought this premiere was a fancy dress party, and she went as JLo.

She styled her nude lace dress featuring a delicate, black lace embroidered overlay and an asymmetrical hemline with black Elie Saab sandals and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

Someone like CZJ doesn’t need to try so hard.

So I’m questioning why she is trying so hard?

Credit: ZuhairMurad.com & Getty

Official Livestream: 'Rock Of Ages' LA Premiere

Official Livestream: ‘Rock Of Ages’ LA Premiere

Julianne Hough In Kaufmanfranco - 'Rock Of Ages' LA Premiere

Julianne Hough In Kaufmanfranco – ‘Rock Of Ages’ LA Premiere

42 Responses to Catherine Zeta-Jones In Zuhair Murad – ‘Rock Of Ages’ LA Premiere

1. Dhppy June 9, 2012 at 07:49 #

Perhaps she’s auditioning to play Poison Ivy in the next Batman movie.

2. Ioana June 9, 2012 at 08:05 #

this is unusual for Catherine. I don’t like the dress, I don’t like this length on her..

I always imagined CZJ as an elegant, beautiful woman, who doesn’t need THAT kind of attention (look at my legs!look at my legs/twins!) and she gave us beautiful looks on the red carpet, by wearing THIS kind of gowns: http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2011/06/13/catherine-zeta-jones-in-elie-saab-2011-tony-awards/

• Alina June 9, 2012 at 08:16 #

I agree with you, FC! I was expecting a BDOTW winner. This one is not even close to be a contender.

• Jess2 June 9, 2012 at 08:17 #

I completely agree, Catherine was born to be graceful and elegant and my god she does it so well. As FC said, she is trying way too hard. Catherine does sexy by doing what she does best.

3. TL June 9, 2012 at 08:09 #

ITA. Def trying too hard. If I cover her face, there’s JLo right there.

I don’t like the dress – the black flower(?) print is too busy, not a fan of her shoes, and the straight hair is quite boring. Love her makeup though!

4. Bren June 9, 2012 at 08:15 #

I think she kind of looks like Kate Beckinsale in this picture…

• noo June 9, 2012 at 09:45 #

i was scrolling quickly and thought she was anna kendrick, i just can’t believe that this is catherine. where has her elegance gone?

• Saree June 9, 2012 at 10:06 #

My thoughts exactly..

BUT, I like this look. I don’t see how this takes away her elegance. She can wear those dresses all she wants, but she is entitled to show some skin if she wants to. This dress does not take away any of her beauty. Sure it’s not what we’re used to seeing her in, but she looks comfortable and confident.

Whilst it may not be best dressed – she still looks great IMO.

• carolina June 9, 2012 at 13:00 #

agreed.

5. Monique Gabrielle June 9, 2012 at 08:33 #

This woman is beau-ti-ful! She just looks better and better with time. However, the dress and shoes need to be donated to the retirement home. This was such a tasteless choice. It seems so out of character for her. She’s usually on top of her game, so she shouldn’t be ridiculed for a poor choice every now and then. No one’s perfect. Plus, she may very well adore this ensemble.

6. Emi June 9, 2012 at 09:01 #

I’m surprised… she always looks chic on the red carpets. I think that if the dress was longer she would look good but I also dislike the shoes. Maybe sometimes refined women want to show that they’re sexy too…

7. Lyssa June 9, 2012 at 09:33 #

Hmm… :( Maybe she thought because it was a movie about rock she had to dress like a twenty something? I’m sure she’ll redeem herself sometime soon :)

8. Louise June 9, 2012 at 09:58 #

She looks like she’s 100 trying to be 25. For someone so naturally beautiful I fail to understand how her stylist could have got it so wrong.

• GiGi June 9, 2012 at 14:12 #

I read that she had a little work done on her face – perhaps just her eyes, unsure… but I do believe it rejuvenated her and hence, the dress.

9. Yeliz June 9, 2012 at 10:41 #

Ok, I don’t like this look as well, but I think she wanted to be appropriate to the theme of the movie, therefore I don’t hate this look either.

10. Amy June 9, 2012 at 12:14 #

I’m sorry I don’t know you guys are talking about. She looks good to me, I mean she looks great for her age so why wouldn’t she rock a mini-dress. It’s a nice change for her.

11. Bird June 9, 2012 at 12:21 #

She wants 2 stay “a jour”… she is starting 2 become old so she need 2 show how sexy she still is…

12. Shiny June 9, 2012 at 13:12 #

JLo wore this in full length to the American Music Awards last year.

13. chris June 9, 2012 at 14:07 #

i didn’t expect this look on catherine, however when celebs become too predictable we easily get bored, so it’s ok she tried something new, i just wish the dress would have been a bit longer and that she had pulled up her hair…

14. chloesaab June 9, 2012 at 14:32 #

i can’t deny that her body looks great but the dress is beyond tacky amd btw her shoes are by Elie Saab

• Fashion Critic June 9, 2012 at 15:05 #

thanks

15. caviar June 9, 2012 at 15:14 #

She looks stunning. Those legs are amazing. Isn’t this for the premiere of Rock of Ages? Totally appropriate. Rock on CZJ!

16. Tati M June 9, 2012 at 15:51 #

UNRECOGNIZABLE!!!!!!!

• tiffany June 11, 2012 at 17:55 #

Thank you! I was reading the comments waiting for someone to say this. It doesn’t even look like her. I’m kind of mortified. I can’t talk about the fashion because I still don’t see a picture of CZJ.

17. Gucci4days June 9, 2012 at 15:57 #

Love it! Perfect for a rock n roll premiere. Nobody rocks a mini like CZJ. Haute.

18. Odette June 9, 2012 at 17:18 #

JLO tries too hard by default, so anyone who dresses like her is trying too hard. Poor CZJ.

But she looks amazing.

I don’t like the dress to begin with. It looks like a Mandalay knockoff.

And the shoes are ugly. Elie Saab doesn’t do great shoes. Only dresses. Let’s just be honest.

19. kane June 9, 2012 at 17:22 #

If only it were nude to begin with. Not sure if it’s my display, but it looks way too grey to me. It works much better for me in the pic on the right in terms of colour, shoes and also body shape (the latter obviously doesn’t imply anything negative, but it doesn’t seem to bring out the best in her figure). Hm, trying too hard at a too poplar trend in my book I’m afraid.

20. EmmaWoodhouse June 9, 2012 at 17:34 #

I find the nude dress/black lace combination to be jarring, and the tacky style–tight and short is very Jennifer Lopez and very undignified for a (usually) elegant celeb like Catherine. Disappointing.

21. Hannah June 9, 2012 at 17:45 #

This dress uits nieth erher body nor her style at all. She is one of those people who is so naturally beautiful & elegant that those types of gowns and dresses suit her so well. If you scroll down so you can’t see her face it is just car crash.

22. robbie June 9, 2012 at 17:59 #

this whole event is one massive major hot mess. hate to say it but she isnt in her twenties anymore this dress is too young for her.

23. Jake June 9, 2012 at 18:34 #

I’m a straight guy. My girlfriend just showed me this picture. Don’t know what any of you broads are talkin about. She is smoking hot.

• Jazz June 10, 2012 at 01:04 #

we look at things from a fashion angle. obviously CZJ is stunning, we all acknowledge that lol. we’re just saying she’s trying a bit too hard when someone like her doesn’t need to. not to mention its a tad age-inappropriate

24. Carmen June 9, 2012 at 20:18 #

Mid-life crisis?

• Ioana June 10, 2012 at 11:12 #

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the picture. :)))

25. Christine June 9, 2012 at 22:32 #

Not a fan of this dress. She looks a bit out of place here.

26. Jones19 June 9, 2012 at 23:01 #

She looks like a J.Lo wannabe which is sad.

27. harris June 10, 2012 at 02:38 #

i think she looks beautiful

28. lin June 10, 2012 at 06:58 #

As I scrolled down the page, I must say I liked this a lot, but when I got to the length of the skirt, not so much.

29. Elena June 10, 2012 at 18:12 #

This is a terrible look. She doesn’t even look beautiful. I always said that catherine was one of the most beautiful and elegant woman of the world… But this look is simply a desaster!

30. Parvati June 10, 2012 at 21:57 #

I’m a bit confused by all the negative reviews, because I don’t think it’s that bad. Yes, it’s revealing and different from the dresses we’re used to seeing on CZJ, but it’s a rock movie premiere and she definitely has the body to pull off a mini dress.

31. amparo June 11, 2012 at 02:17 #

It is me or what? I have not recognized her, she looks so different!

• Andrea June 11, 2012 at 08:30 #

I agree, she looks different, but not in a good way unfortunately. She is ususally the most natural and gorgeous woman but something is wrong here. Botox? Bad stylist? Whatever it is lets hope it is reversible.

And whats up with this figure skating-fashion? Suddenly everyone is wearing it. Make it stop!