Rose McGowan In Marc Jacobs – 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Rose McGowan was the host of the 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York, held at The New York Public Library yesterday evening.

When you think gala, you think gowns, but Rose opted to wear a Marc Jacobs Fall 2012 dress.

Is her off-the-shoulder black paisley-print mini dress feeling a tad familiar?

That’s because Elizabeth Banks wore an almost identical version of this dress for her guest appearance on Letterman last month.

Rose styled her look with Giuseppe Zanotti burgundy velvet peep-toes and a stunning Fred Leighton statement necklace.

We don’t often see Rose with her hair back, but on this occasion she opted for a clean ponytail.

Pink lippie completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

Katherine Heigl In Monique Lhuillier - 40th AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Shirley MacLaine

Katherine Heigl In Monique Lhuillier – 40th AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Shirley MacLaine

20 Responses to Rose McGowan In Marc Jacobs – 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

1. Yeliz June 8, 2012 at 10:25 #

Rose usually looks great on the red carpet but I don’t like this one so much. I much prefer Elizabeth’s version of this dress.

2. Emi June 8, 2012 at 12:37 #

I usually like her a lot on the red carpet but this dress is too short, looking quite insignificant. It also needed other shoes.

3. Fiona June 8, 2012 at 12:39 #

I wish it was longer, the necklace is vintage and a couple of inches would have really made this look a lot better.

• Alina June 8, 2012 at 13:53 #

I agree.

She looks beautiful with her hair back.

4. Lara June 8, 2012 at 13:12 #

Rose is one who can do almost no wrong for me. I love this, and I especially love the hair and make-up.

5. bm June 8, 2012 at 13:37 #

I can’t be more different with people here. I think her look is much more better than Elizabeth’s . And I love the statement necklace .

6. dee June 8, 2012 at 13:38 #

I don’t like this at all.

7. Carolina June 8, 2012 at 13:39 #

Styled completely wrong! Too short, ditch necklace, different shoes. Altogether not well done.

8. Zannie June 8, 2012 at 13:52 #

It’s off somehow for me- I don’t know, something about the proportions?

It doesn’t feel like a mini dress, but more like a shrunken one somehow? Not to mean it’s illfitting, but the skirt just doesn’t look right to me, while Elizabeth Banks didn’t give me that impression.

So, by default, it goes to Ms. Banks for me.

9. CreoleLady June 8, 2012 at 13:53 #

This re-run makes me realize I simply do not like the dress — on the runway (eww!) or chopped (better but somehow awkward). Both women did their best with it but the only things I truly like are Elizabeth Banks’ drool-worthy shoes.

10. Odette June 8, 2012 at 14:21 #

Uh oh FC- it seems you’ll have to do a ‘Who Wore It Better’ on your two favorite girls. Ach!

I love both Elizabeth and Rose in the dress.

Rose’s more girly approach works for me. I love the pop of red via her gorgeous shoes.

11. Christine June 8, 2012 at 14:50 #

I prefer Elizabeth’s version and styling. The necklace and the velvet? red shoes are not working for me.

12. Jenni June 8, 2012 at 14:54 #

Elizabeth all the way! The fit is horrible on this. Hate the shoulders. Love Fred Leighton but this necklace looks weird. The shoes are awful. The styling is bad. Ad bad. Shouldve hired a stylist honey!

13. Marybeth June 8, 2012 at 15:15 #

It looks like someone took scissors to a ballgown.
    From the waist up, the hair, the necklace, the off-shoulder neckline, everything says “ballgown.” Then suddenly it’s chopped off.
    No. This does not work.

I’m not crazy about the dress to begin with, but Elizabeth Banks made it work with a more casual styling and by not wearing it off-shoulder.

14. Shaina June 8, 2012 at 16:39 #

I prefer it on Elizabeth Banks but you cannot deny how amazing she looks in this dress.

15. Jones19 June 8, 2012 at 17:01 #

First time in a long time where I’m disappointed with Rose. She usually looks impeccable.

16. EmmaWoodhouse June 8, 2012 at 19:40 #

I wish it was much longer…as some others have said that top feels like a ballgown (and I wish the top had been hiked up) and then there’s this tiny, tackily short skirt. It doesn’t work for me.

17. Forever27 June 8, 2012 at 19:59 #

Neckline is much better on Rose. And she has better legs, shoes, and jewelry. So I vote Rose. I love this look!! And love her hair pulled back for a change!

18. ReneeDarning June 8, 2012 at 23:04 #

She looks beautiful. I love this shape on her although I do think it was a few inches too short. But overall a marvelous look, impeccable styling.

19. mimi June 9, 2012 at 04:48 #

she’s still stunning but it looked far better on Elizabeth.