08.06.12

Nicola Roberts In ASOS – Nobu Park Lane

Nicola Roberts, from UK girl group Girls Aloud, was spotted leaving the Nobu Park Lane restaurant in London last night, wearing a double print ensemble.

I instantly recognised her ASOS mirror-print skirt because I purchased the top just this week.

The singer styled her look with an army fatigue jacket and a grey t-shirt with the word ‘soldier’ going across it. No doubt in support of her bandmate Cheryl Cole.

A clear shoulder bag (why is this becoming a trend?), a selection of gold rings, yellow painted talons and silver metallic Topshop heels completed the look.

I have to say I don’t hate the look, but I will not be pairing my ASOS top with army fatigue any time soon – or ever.

Credit: XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM

Fergie In Calvin Klein - 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Fergie In Calvin Klein – 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Eva Mendes' Rachel Zoe Madison Colorblock Shift Dress

Eva Mendes’ Rachel Zoe Madison Colorblock Shift Dress

12 Responses to Nicola Roberts In ASOS – Nobu Park Lane

1. andrea June 8, 2012 at 18:41 #

This is just a terrible ensemble all around. Camoflauge with flowers? White sheer granny tights? Shiny shoes? None of this works together

2. Yeliz June 8, 2012 at 18:45 #

LOL, I wouldn’t pair such a skirt or top with an army jacket either. I only like the skirt here.

3. Odette June 8, 2012 at 18:46 #

I love Nicola, but I don’t like the look. The skirt is the only thing that works for her.

She needs to go back to being a red head. Any other haircolor does nothing for her a la Emma Stone.

4. ellen June 8, 2012 at 18:48 #

quick question – do you know how asos branded tops run? i usually wear a US4. thanks!

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2012 at 19:28 #

I wear a 6 and it runs true to size

• ellen June 8, 2012 at 20:40 #

thanks!!

5. wilwarin June 8, 2012 at 18:51 #

this is how good skirt is destroyed with bad styling :( i like everything but the jacket and bag…

6. Nat39 June 8, 2012 at 19:13 #

I only like skirt, unfortunately she kills this vibrant summery feminine skirt with her tough/heavy accessories.

7. Jones19 June 8, 2012 at 19:28 #

I hate the clear bag trend too FC. Why would you want someone to see the contents of your bag? This outfit is tragedy, nothing goes together.

8. EmmaWoodhouse June 8, 2012 at 20:08 #

“I will not be pairing my ASOS top with army fatigue any time soon – or ever.”
    I laughed out loud! :D The lookbook ensemble is fresh and summerlike, but Nicola’s take is disastrous. Somehow I have a feeling you won’t be pairing your outfit with sheer white tights either, FC ;)

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2012 at 20:55 #

Or black pumps :)

9. Marilena June 8, 2012 at 23:31 #

Oh dear.
    I love the top, I love the skirt, I love them together. I think I’d love with any complementary solid, and that print has some wonderful colors in it that you could pick up.
    So why on earth would you want to pair the skirt with a drab T-shirt and a camo jacket?

I hate the bag and don’t really like the shoes with the skirt.
    *sigh*