08.06.12

Jennifer Aniston helped honour Shirley MacLaine on Thursday evening at a celebration of the 40th AFI Life Achievement Award, held at Sony Picture Studios in Culver City, California.

It seems as though Jen has finally heard our prayers, as she ditched her LBDs in favour of a white Burberry gown.

The strappy, no-fuss floor-length dress with cut-out back suits Jennifer’s laid-back persona, not to mention does wonders for her year-round tan.

Snakeskin Tabitha Simmons sandals and an ivory oversized Valentino clutch accessorized the look.

Are you thrilled that she finally wore another colour besides black, or are you still underwhelmed?

You can buy Jennifer’s Valentino clutch in red from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Getty

Pixie Geldof's MCQ by Alexander McQueen Kingsland Transparent Shopper

Pixie Geldof’s MCQ by Alexander McQueen Kingsland Transparent Shopper

Rose McGowan In Marc Jacobs - 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

Rose McGowan In Marc Jacobs – 3rd Annual amfAR Inspiration Gala New York

43 Responses to Jennifer Aniston In Burberry – 40th AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Shirley MacLaine

1. noo June 8, 2012 at 09:41 #

no complaints here…in fact i need to pick up my jaw. she looks fantastic, this should be her regular style :D

• Jones19 June 8, 2012 at 17:04 #

+1. Picking up my jaw as well. I was just looking at her closeups on Getty and she is so stunning! White really is her color.

2. Michelle June 8, 2012 at 09:46 #

I’m still underwhelmed nonetheless, standard make-up, standard hair; this ensemble falls flat.

3. Yeliz June 8, 2012 at 09:52 #

It’s a great look for Jennifer sans the clutch. I like this Valentino clutch but it doesn’t look nice with the dress. And although it’s a great look, it’s somehow still boring.

4. Nat June 8, 2012 at 09:54 #

Thank God she’s not wearing black, at least.
    There’s something I don’t like in the fit of the dress in her chest area, and as much as I love that clutch, I wish it was in some colour.

Overall, it’s not a bad look but quite forgettable.

5. fashionind June 8, 2012 at 09:58 #

Love that great coral bag with the almost purply pink of the dress and the shoes! Great outfit.

6. jenjens June 8, 2012 at 09:58 #

Flawless head to toe, she always looks angelic everytime she wears nude, beige or white (versace, donna karan, valentino, and burberry).

I think Jen’s the only one who can show boobs, legs and still look extremely classy.

7. Lalitha June 8, 2012 at 10:12 #

Wow, she looks superfab and my does white pop on her! Love it!

8. Leela June 8, 2012 at 10:24 #

She looks gorgeous. She has a very simple style so I don’t really mind when she’s a bit plain on the red carpet. Also I have major cleavage envy!

9. irina June 8, 2012 at 10:54 #

I completely adore this look. So efortless and chic!

10. Serena June 8, 2012 at 11:10 #

I do like the dress, but I’m still bored somehow. The only thing that wasn’t completely predictable about this look is the white, but all the rest is absolutely the same as ever.

11. anna June 8, 2012 at 11:19 #

isnt the clutch too big?

12. d June 8, 2012 at 11:26 #

she looks amazing :) sometimes its nothing bad jsut to stick with what you feel comfortable with

• rebecca o June 8, 2012 at 14:14 #

13. J June 8, 2012 at 12:11 #

She should have added a touch of colour to make the look more interesting. Perhaps a smaller clutch of a different colour.

• dee June 8, 2012 at 13:36 #

• Alina June 8, 2012 at 13:55 #

+2 But she does look beautiful.

14. gabis June 8, 2012 at 13:01 #

I barely recognized her at first. Very surprising and unexpected from her. I think her stylist must be getting some fashion updates because white has become a strong trend lately and I’m glad she managed to wear a white dress that doesn’t look like a nurse or a bride. And the color really works great against her tanned skin and blond hair. I don’t love the oversized clutch, but I’m extremely relieved that it’s not white as well. Some gorgeous diamond jewelry or golden accessories would’ve improved the look, but overall she looks great.

15. Sabina June 8, 2012 at 13:48 #

She looks amazing in white though it never bothered me that she always wears black (and the occasional nude). However, I am not a big fan of the simultaneous cleavage and thigh-high slit, plus the clutch is too big for the style of the dress.

16. Zannie June 8, 2012 at 13:49 #

Change her hair as well, and that’ll really give us something to cheer about. Baby steps I guess. She looks expectedly good as usual.

17. Odette June 8, 2012 at 14:13 #

Let’s count our blessings and just be grateful she gave us a color other than black.

But if she wore more color more often, this look would be horrible. The fit is off, as are the accessories.

18. Hannah June 8, 2012 at 14:19 #

As much as I want her to, I don’t expect her to wear actual colour, so white is much appreciated over nude and especially over black. I don’t like teh clutch with the look, and I think that this would have been so much a better look had she worn her hair in a bun.
    I don’t know if it’s because she isn’t wearing black, wouldn’t put it past her, but she doesn’t look as happy to be there, and her posture isn’t great, which is detracting from the look.

19. fromchi-town June 8, 2012 at 14:20 #

I love this look on her. Yes, she could have added some pop of color – but she looks undeniably gorgeous and sexy. I just wish she would change her hair.

20. Lady Loki June 8, 2012 at 14:40 #

I bow to you Jenn. This woman is flawless. I dont care that she wears similar stuff. Nothing wrong with sticking what looks and feels good on you.

21. Christine June 8, 2012 at 14:52 #

White is a semi safe color as supposed to a color like bright pink. But she looks bangin’ here. That bod is gorgeous. The dress is ok in itself but she looks happy.

22. Marybeth June 8, 2012 at 15:06 #

I love it.
    My only objection is that the clutch (which I like independently) seems a bit clunky for the look.

Unlike some, I do NOT crave a “pop of color” here, as I love monochromatic neutral palettes. They have a beauty, not to mention sophistication, of their own.

• Jones19 June 8, 2012 at 17:03 #

+1. No need for a pop of color here.

• Nat39 June 8, 2012 at 19:44 #

+2. Absolutely no need for a pop of colour here, agree.

• rebecca o June 9, 2012 at 06:06 #

Agreed.

23. Saree June 8, 2012 at 15:37 #

The only thing I can fault is her leg – STICK IT OUT FURTHER! Obviously I mean, prove she can work it better than Ange! Right?!

24. Rebecca Z June 8, 2012 at 15:49 #

She looks spectacular. Agree the clutch is a little too big, but I really like the dress and white on her is gorgeous

25. Jess2 June 8, 2012 at 16:01 #

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw this, I am definitely thrilled, I love her in white!! This women is just amazing, every item in this look is perfect, she makes it look so easy! love love love

26. Magda June 8, 2012 at 16:36 #

Her hair still underwhelms me.

27. Shaina June 8, 2012 at 16:41 #

The hair and boring accessories are killing this look. She just isnt selling this look to me.

28. Mol June 8, 2012 at 16:54 #

One thing with Jen is she always looks comfortable in what she wears and the fit is almost always spot on, so, for me, she has her own appeal and I enjoy seeing her out and about now and then….

29. Anj June 8, 2012 at 17:05 #

She always knows how to wear a dress and this is no exception. Love her in white!

30. rita June 8, 2012 at 18:12 #

The difference between her and Jolie IMO is that Angelina when she goes BANG, she goes with a big one. Aniston is rarely amazing! I still remember the amazing Versace AJ wore at this year Golden Globe. Can’t say the same about JA unfortunately :-)

31. kane June 8, 2012 at 18:26 #

Now there’s a way to show a leg! Definitely prefer it to both Angie’s and the Duchess’s. The former was trying to hard, while the latter was playing a bit too safe by covering up just about everything else.

32. EmmaWoodhouse June 8, 2012 at 19:39 #

This style of dress is perpetually tacky to me. Too much showing. Also, Jennifer’s styling feels very lackluster to me, as usual.

33. Fatima June 8, 2012 at 19:49 #

I don’t care for this woman at all, but her breasts are SPECTACULAR! I’m never having kids either and it’s great to know I’ll have perky breasts for a long time! Otherwise, the dress is blah.

34. robbie June 8, 2012 at 20:29 #

thrilled? nope, even in something that isnt black she is still mind blowing boring.

35. lila June 9, 2012 at 00:32 #

Despite the color, the design of this dress is no different from what she usually wears. So she is not THAT far from her comfort zone. Remember the Versace she wore on the 2011 Women Of The Year Awards? And her Valentino on the 2010 Golden Globes? It’s just always the same thing: big cleavage, lots of legs. This is probably her “something sexy, something different” pattern. At least this Burberry doesn’t have a such a big split which makes it not so tacky after all. I would love to see her wearing Tom Ford, Lanvin or Elie Saab for a change.

36. Parvati June 9, 2012 at 02:21 #

She looks amazing! I’m not underwhelmed at all, white looks great on her, the design of the gown is beautiful and the result is stunning!