06.06.12

Kylie Minogue In Richard Nicoll & Emilio Pucci – Diamond Jubilee Concert

Kylie Minogue celebrated the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee over the weekend by paying homage to the Pearly Queens whilst performing on Monday night.

The singer wasn’t afraid to show off some skin in the presence of Her Majesty, dressed in an embellished hat and matching leather jacket.

Half way through her set she ripped off her jacket to reveal a sexy black playsuit.

The whole Richard Nicoll look was customized by Judy Blame. Giuseppe Zanotti boots completed her look.

The Australian star joined the Queen onstage at the end of the concert wearing a custom Emilio Pucci white silk-cady one-sleeved gown with a geometric cut-out and high split.

Credit: Getty

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen - 'The Giver' New York Premiere

Katie Holmes In Zac Posen – ‘The Giver’ New York Premiere

Lea Michele In Emilio Pucci - 11th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball

Lea Michele In Emilio Pucci – 11th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball

18 Responses to Kylie Minogue In Richard Nicoll & Emilio Pucci – Diamond Jubilee Concert

1. EmmaWoodhouse June 6, 2012 at 16:42 #

So tacky and inappropriate. In front of the QUEEN? REALLY?

2. robbie June 6, 2012 at 16:44 #

the first look is richard nicoll customised by judy blame. the performance outfit is cheap, tacky and a mess. she wore that whilst performing infront of her majesty! her boots were giuseppe zanotti.

the pucci dress is pretty nice, simple, sexy but not over the top.

• Fashion Critic June 6, 2012 at 17:15 #

thanks Robbie

3. Yeliz June 6, 2012 at 16:48 #

Both looks are tacky and definitely not event appropriate.

4. Hannah June 6, 2012 at 17:10 #

I think that her performance look was an interpretation of the pearly kings & queens.

5. Felicia June 6, 2012 at 17:17 #

I don’t like to comment on performance outfits because they’re generally ugly anyway…

The Emilio Pucci gown is beautiful, simple yet, beautiful! Kinda wish her hair was pulled back or something.

6. Odette June 6, 2012 at 17:44 #

All popstars are tacky and trashy nowadays and it is sad.

The Pucci however is gorgeous. That is how much restraint Kylie will give.

I think the Queen is unfazed by the antics of celebrities by now, as she has met Lady Gaga and co.

7. Amy June 6, 2012 at 18:52 #

the Pucci dress is nice but the split is just way too high

8. Vera June 6, 2012 at 18:58 #

I don’t like the effect of the Pucci dress on Kylie’s neck but apart from that, I don’t think the Queen deserves any special clothes. I mean, Kylie was working, she was singing, she wasn’t invited to a tea party.

• Alex June 6, 2012 at 22:26 #

I agree. I didn’t like the outfits but they are in Kylie’s style. She always shows a lot of skin, if its to tacky than they shouldn’t invite her to perform in the first place, she shouldn’t be expected to change her style 180 degrees just cause the queen is present…

• Beta June 7, 2012 at 10:10 #

+1 agree

9. Ange June 6, 2012 at 23:00 #

The performance outfit is hideous!
    Time to put it away Kylie!

10. Saree June 7, 2012 at 02:13 #

It’s a performance outfit for a performance that up-beat and by no means a performance that you’d expect from Adele.

Not saying it’s a nice outfit, it’s kinda awkward, but seriously people. It’s only the Queen. She didn’t want to be there anyway – not because of the performances by musicians she doesn’t listen to or even know the names of.

The white dress is nice, but people will get their knickers in a knot over the split.

Whilst my personal opinions of the Royals indicate that they’re a total joke – everyone keeps saying they need to modernise themselves more if they want to get ‘in touch’ with the younger generations and not the baby boomers. Well this is a step in the direction – stop being so conservative and realise that women do show skin these days, not just in performance but in FASHION!

• Fee June 7, 2012 at 12:24 #

This is a totally tongue-in-cheek outfit from an adopted Brit, I don’t think it was meant to be a fashion statement.

Kylie has an OBE and I’m sure there was protocol for this event like all other royal events so if skin or splits weren’t acceptable we wouldn’t have seen them.

11. effieee June 7, 2012 at 02:26 #

Is it wrong that I quite liked the romper she wore in her performance? It’s quirky. My only issue with her Pucci dress is she’s completely lost her neck in it. She should’ve worn her hair back, so she didn’t completely lose her neck.

12. Christine June 7, 2012 at 06:04 #

Second dress is so inappropriate.

13. GGG June 7, 2012 at 07:12 #

Such an ugly outfit, even for a concert costume. Blahhhhhhhh. She’s 97 years old – no more hotpants!

14. Jones19 June 7, 2012 at 14:07 #

I seem to be the only one but I love the performance outfit! The gown is nice but the split is too high, I hate it when the split goes up to a girls hip.