05.06.12

Jessica Chastain In Prabal Gurung – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

Jessica Chastain attended the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards in New York City on Monday evening, where she handed out the award for Womenswear Designer of the Year.

The actress wore an ethereal white Prabal Gurung Resort 2013 dress.

With a voluminous skirt and sheer metallic overlay, this gold-beaded dress becomes overly girly.

The modest, knee-length dress would have been better suited for a younger star, like Elle Fanning, Hailee Steinfeld or Kiernan Shipka.

Harry Winston jewels and gold Nicholas Kirkwood for Prabal Gurung quadruple strap pumps completed her clutch-free look.

Credit: Getty

Solange Knowles In Calvin Klein Collection - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Solange Knowles In Calvin Klein Collection – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen In The Row – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen In The Row – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

18 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Prabal Gurung – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. dee June 5, 2012 at 13:54 #

I think she looks so pretty. I love the shoes especially.

2. Christine June 5, 2012 at 13:55 #

Out of all the dresses of his resort 2013 collection, they or she selected this? I agree on the Elle Fanning or even Chloe Mortez but not on 30+ female. She looks like she is playing dress up in mommy’s clothes here.

• Alina June 5, 2012 at 14:16 #

I agree.

• CreoleLady June 5, 2012 at 14:20 #

Ouch — but I gotta agree.

• Yeliz June 5, 2012 at 15:11 #

+3, and I’m not even surprised by her look. Jessica is rarely a hit and often a miss.

• Gianni June 5, 2012 at 19:32 #

+4 Her and Dakota Fanning need to switch outfits.

3. bm June 5, 2012 at 14:08 #

That metallic sheer is the only reason i hate this look. That part is just ridiculous.

• Sea June 5, 2012 at 22:12 #

totally agree. it makes the outfit look disproportionate. sans the overlay i think it’ll be a fine one.

4. Susie June 5, 2012 at 14:40 #

I think it would have been fine if not for the sleeves. Definitely do not love this dress on her.

5. Felica June 5, 2012 at 14:43 #

This is so wrong. It ages her. But who chose this? Out of all the dresses out now!

6. Lady Loki June 5, 2012 at 14:44 #

This dress looks cheap and its very unflattering around her waist and breast area. The cape doesnt help either. Someone said “playing dress up in mom’s closet”, I agree 101%. Was not expecting that from Jessica because she usually looks FLAWLESS.

• Sara June 5, 2012 at 15:31 #

+1 on the unflattering part, but not so sure on the usually looks flawless part. LOL

7. Hannah June 5, 2012 at 14:53 #

That I can remember she has had 3 good looks maximum this past year. I don’t understand why she is still with ehr stylist. Kiernan Shpika would have looked great in this, anyone about the age of 14 would not. It looks so cheap on her, doesn’t work with the heels, which themselves don’t flatter Jessica’s legs, and it makes her look frumpy. Her face is the only part I like.

8. Rebecca Z June 5, 2012 at 16:04 #

This dress was a really bad choice. She looks like Tinkerbell.

9. Sanette June 5, 2012 at 17:22 #

Love her hair and make-up but the dress is terrible. Especially around the bust. Just no.

10. Cinders June 5, 2012 at 17:45 #

I wish she would wear more color. It always seems like she is wearing white, nude or pale gold dresses and I think they wash her out. She definitely needs to shake things up.

11. Parvati June 5, 2012 at 20:27 #

Well, I love her make-up and her hair and I also really like her shoes. That’s it. This dress is so wrong for her. It’s so girly and sweet, I think I wouldn’t like it even on a teenager.

12. EmmaWoodhouse June 6, 2012 at 00:15 #

Are these the shoes that Diane Kruger wore with her Prabal? They look similar. I LOVE them!
    The dress is too cutesy for Jessica, but I do like it. She looks very sweet. I do wish that she had gone with something more mature, though, and saved this for Hailee or Elle.