Dakota Fanning In Proenza Schouler – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

Dakota Fanning had not one, but two dapper dates in New York City on Monday night for the 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards.

Walking the red carpet alongside Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler, Dakota wore a long-sleeved kimono-inspired dress from the brand’s Fall 2012 collection.

The brocade origami-esque mini is an edgy new look for the young actress.

However, more importantly, Dakota has finally heard our pleas, as she wore her hair pulled back on the red carpet.

Heavy Proenza Schoulder Resort 2013 black wedges and a metallic clutch accessorize the look.

What do you think of the new hairdo?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Solange Knowles In Calvin Klein Collection - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Solange Knowles In Calvin Klein Collection – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Mandy Moore In Lela Rose – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

Mandy Moore In Lela Rose – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

32 Responses to Dakota Fanning In Proenza Schouler – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. Serena June 5, 2012 at 12:45 #

I really like the look from the ankles up. Those shoes are horrible.

• Emi June 5, 2012 at 21:04 #

I agree with you, the shoes are edgy but soooo ugly.

2. bm June 5, 2012 at 12:57 #

This is a fine, great in fact.
    And I love she bring the shoes as it give the look more edge.
    And 4 thumbs up for new hair do.

3. Elle June 5, 2012 at 13:03 #

“Thank goodness – centre-parted straight locks would have brought down the entire look, and possibly driven me over the edge.” – Haha I love it when it gets all personal with you, FC.. Always makes me chuckle!

Loving the fashion shake-up.. The pastels were cute, but they always washed her out!

• Jeremy June 5, 2012 at 13:48 #

Sorry but the way she pulled her hair just made me think she’s just finished shooting for “Downton Abbey” right before this event.

4. Jess2 June 5, 2012 at 13:12 #

Ankles up I think she look great. So excited to see her hair pulled back, had she gone with her usual hair style I probably would have gone over the edge with you FC. The shoes are really bad.
    Jack is looking particularly handsome :P

5. Mary June 5, 2012 at 13:19 #

So impressed with Dakota rigth now! Love this dress, she should wear color more often! Not sure about those shoes though, I think you need longer legs to look good with those.

6. T from Sydney June 5, 2012 at 13:45 #

kudos on the different hair but that dress on the runway and on Dakota is horrible

PS boys are looking good

7. Fee June 5, 2012 at 13:51 #

I actually just cannot see anything but the shoes. Hideous.

8. Susan June 5, 2012 at 13:56 #

Definitely, definitely different for Dakota and I like it. Smiles all around.

9. Guen June 5, 2012 at 13:58 #

Oh my God, I love all the outfit! It’s so original and glamourous :)

10. Christine June 5, 2012 at 13:59 #

The new is just a ponytail? LOL. Nothing exciting :)

I like the new approach. I like this style and direction for Dakota. The prim princess/prom dresses are getting boring on her.

• Lara June 5, 2012 at 15:36 #

Baby steps, I guess.

11. CreoleLady June 5, 2012 at 14:27 #

Maybe next time she’ll try a side part. Can’t. Wait.

I’m so not into her (style, old or new).

12. Emily June 5, 2012 at 14:30 #

I love it :)

• tiffany June 5, 2012 at 22:07 #

+1 I adore this look head-to-toe

13. bas June 5, 2012 at 14:31 #

I like the dress, I’ll even give her a pass for those shoes, but with the ponytail she looks like my grandmother… still it’s great to see her trying something different.

14. Alina June 5, 2012 at 14:39 #

I hate it.

15. Lady Loki June 5, 2012 at 14:48 #

The hair looks limp and dirty. There are better ways to pull your hair back. I would probably like the dress except that I cant see anything past those monstrocities on her feet.

16. Yeliz June 5, 2012 at 14:59 #

Not even her different hairstyle can make me like this look. It actually made me hate it more because I think it’s very matronly. Don’t get me even started on the hideous shoes.
    Can’t believe those dapper guys next to her created this look.

• Sara June 5, 2012 at 16:10 #

Agreed, hair is so matronly. Quite dislike the new “style” of hair, if that’s what you can call it.

17. Hannah June 5, 2012 at 15:07 #

I adore the change in the makeup, she looks so much better iek this to me. Also, this warmer colour scheme is so much mroe flattering on her. However, the ahir is barely an improvement to me. I wish she would maybe try a side part or pull it back without a parting, it would be such a great change of pace, as it is here her hair is a little pilgrim, a little amish, which I just personally don’t think is a great look.
    The boots should be burned, black ankle boots, nude pumps, black pumps, barefoot even would have been an improvement.

18. Felicia June 5, 2012 at 15:17 #

This is ugly imo. I like the shape but the print just ruins it for me!

I actually love the shoes. I even want a pair!

The hair? Still boring.

19. Rebecca Z June 5, 2012 at 16:12 #

I actually really like the dress, but not on her. And I can see the dress with the shoes…on a very special person. There must be something for her between this a soft pastel little girl dresses. She is such a pretty girl. Her hair looks dreadful.

20. Martina June 5, 2012 at 18:07 #

I don’t like this at all. And that hair is really unflattering on her…

21. the(un?)social butterfly June 5, 2012 at 18:47 #

Guess the hair is still not edgy enough for the look but definitely shows some improvement. I love the look, great dress, like the heels, good choice of clutch.

22. Parvati June 5, 2012 at 20:22 #

Wow! A look that is different from head to toe!
    I appreciate that she wore a look that different from her usual cutesy looks, but I’m not crazy about it. It does look a bit weird on her and the heavy shoes were not the best choice, in my opinion.

• manja June 6, 2012 at 11:51 #

+1 on everything

23. robbie June 5, 2012 at 22:42 #

hate it from head to toe.

24. EmmaWoodhouse June 6, 2012 at 00:11 #

Hate to be a downer, but by new hairstyle, MISS DAKOTA, WE MEANT SOMETHING MORE THAN A LIMP PONYTAIL!
    The rest of the outfit is quite horrendous as well, although I do appreciate her attempt to change it up.

25. kristel June 6, 2012 at 22:56 #

I almost not recognize her..im soo happy that she lift her hair now..and i love the dress

26. Toyosi November 14, 2012 at 00:14 #

I definitely like the hair, but I think Florence Welch did more justice to the outfit.