Anna Wintour In Marc Jacobs – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

It would not be a true fashion awards show without an Anna Wintour sighting.

The Editor-In Chief of American Vogue attended the 2012 CFDA Fashions Awards in New York City on Monday night wearing a Marc Jacobs dress – as she did last year – from the Resort 2013 collection.

While the collection debuted just yesterday, Anna had first dibs on the brightly coloured collection; adjusting her chosen floral dress into one of her beloved sheaths.

The sparkling floral print is a festive spin on Anna’s signature look, but in the styling department, it was business as usual.

Anna certainly has her signature style, and she is sticking to it.

I love the addition of the maroon belt and the beige croc clutch which is as rare as seeing Jessica Chastain carrying a clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomie Harris In Gucci - Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Naomie Harris In Gucci – Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Leighton Meester In Versus - ‘That’s My Boy’ LA Premiere

Leighton Meester In Versus – ‘That’s My Boy’ LA Premiere

14 Responses to Anna Wintour In Marc Jacobs – 2012 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. Jess2 June 5, 2012 at 11:21 #

I had a sneaking suspicion that Anna would be wearing Marc Jacobs to the CFDA as the label posted a photo of Anna’s private show on twitter yesterday.
    This has to be the very first look of Anna’s that I have really loved from head to toe! She looks fantastic :)

• Emi June 5, 2012 at 12:34 #

I usually find her style boring and quite insignificant, but I like this look from head to toe, the dress is very cute. She looks very good, but I still don’t get why this woman is so powerful.

2. Leeann June 5, 2012 at 12:25 #

How come Anna can wear the same shoes, hair, accessories and shift dress over and over yet I never tire of what she wears?

• T from Sydney June 5, 2012 at 13:54 #

100% totally agree

anyone else who does the same thing every time *half of Hollywood* i hate it but Anna just works it every time

• Sea June 6, 2012 at 00:31 #

+1.
        btw “Flawless bob? Check. Sunnies at night? Check. Favourite Manolo Blanhik heels? Check. Beaded necklace? Check.” LOL :)

3. Christine June 5, 2012 at 14:06 #

Le sigh. This is true–this is her signature style. But as the Editor in Chief of American Vogue, mixing it up from time to time or once in a blue moon can’t hurt, right?

The dress is great on the eyes. Very colorful :)

4. Yeliz June 5, 2012 at 14:18 #

One of her best looks.

• Shaina June 5, 2012 at 15:39 #

5. Lady Loki June 5, 2012 at 14:52 #

Yeah she always wears similar stuff but she pulls it off. She nails the Ice Queen look perfectly. If you are Anna Wintour, who cares?

6. Alina June 5, 2012 at 15:03 #

I quite love it!

7. Rebecca Z June 5, 2012 at 16:18 #

I like the dress a lot–though she has turned it into a totally different dress from those cute ones in the collection by straightening the skirt. But, it is soooo predictable.

8. EmmaWoodhouse June 6, 2012 at 00:08 #

This dress–which I prefer with her modifications–is FABULOUS (despite my issues with orange). It’s so cute and retro, reminding me of a fashionable take on the frugal feed-sack dresses of the 1930′s. However, Anna’s styling REALLY needs a switch up. Doesn’t the editor of Vogue own another shoe?

9. Anna K. June 16, 2012 at 16:50 #

It’s not a floral print. It’s a sequined impression of one. Ingenious in that.

10. Kathy July 23, 2012 at 07:43 #

I love this look on her, much better than the blue version on Hailee Steinfeld. Of course, those two are about 50 years apart in age. That might be the reason! Haha. I also read somewhere that her sunglasses are actually corrective lenses, because she has deteriorating vision, although we never see her in regular glasses…