Leighton Meester In Christian Cota – 2012 MTV Movie Awards

Leighton Meester opted for a laidback look on the red carpet for the 2012 MTV Movie Awards, held at the Gibson Amphitheatre in Universal City, California, on Sunday evening.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ star wore a Christian Cota Spring 2012 ensemble.

A white sleeveless jacket with matching-pleat front shorts were paired with a planktonic-print silk top.

Her long legs were further elongated with nude Brian Atwood ‘Claudia Bis’ suede pumps.

Neil Lane gold jewels and a nude shimmering Jimmy Choo ‘Cybelle’ clutch accessorized her look.

We all love Leighton with dark brunette locks, but it looks like she’s moving back to her more natural hair colour (blonde) and lightening things up for the summer.

An orange lip colour provided the finishing touches.

I love this simple, chic, summery look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Christina Ricci In Christian Siriano for Timex - 2012 MTV Movie Awards

Christina Ricci In Christian Siriano for Timex – 2012 MTV Movie Awards

Kat Graham In Maria Lucia Hohan - MTV Movie Awards

Kat Graham In Maria Lucia Hohan – MTV Movie Awards

27 Responses to Leighton Meester In Christian Cota – 2012 MTV Movie Awards

1. Alina June 4, 2012 at 09:29 #

I love the look, but I really dislike the hair colour.

• Naomie June 4, 2012 at 11:24 #

Yes, she wold have pulled this off way better as a brunette. AND SANS THE HORRID NUDE PUMPS.

• Hannah June 4, 2012 at 12:41 #

ITA, I used to be a die hard Leighton red carpet fan, but she is just so underwhelming nowadays. She used ot be the shoe queen of the red carpet but these are so dull, she knows she could have done better.

2. bm June 4, 2012 at 10:14 #

I get the gym-vibe here. Looks like she’s having a really hard treadmill.

• CreoleLady June 4, 2012 at 12:43 #

ITA, lol.

3. Ioana June 4, 2012 at 10:17 #

I actually like Leighton’s natural hair colour. And this look complements it. I agree, this ensemble is event-appropriate, summer-appropriate, young, fresh.. Biig like!!

4. Amy June 4, 2012 at 10:27 #

the look is very nice. I know Leighton’s real hair color is blonde but dark locks just suit her better. With blonde hair she just looks like any other actress in the pack. However I understand that she might be tired to always dye her hair.

5. Pablo June 4, 2012 at 10:36 #

Lovely!

6. Jones19 June 4, 2012 at 10:49 #

Love everything but the suede pumps, they’re just so heavy for summer time. I wish she would stick to brown hair since it compliments her eyes and skin so well.

7. Riley June 4, 2012 at 10:50 #

I hate the blonde hair. Who cares if she is a blonde. Like Emma Stone, blonde hair doesn’t work for her. Brunette shows off her features better.

I love the look but think she should’ve worn turquoise sandals to take her summer look up a notch.

8. Mujid June 4, 2012 at 11:24 #

I kind of see the point of the look on the model, but on Leighton it falls completely flat.

9. Yeliz June 4, 2012 at 11:43 #

I’m totally in love with this look. I want to have every single piece of this look. I love the summery vibe of this look.
    It’s the first time this year, that I really love a look from Leighton.

10. Tahlia June 4, 2012 at 11:48 #

This was one of my least favourite looks from the event. The way she was posing it when hosting an award made her look triple the size she is, and the shoes are so snooze-worthy. I do like the lippy colour though :)

11. Nat June 4, 2012 at 12:00 #

One of the few looks of this event that I like.
    Only thing I would change are the shoes: they work well with the outfit, but from Leighton I expect a more interesting shoe choice.

12. Serena June 4, 2012 at 13:00 #

Lovely look, I like how sweet and soft she looks. Love the lipstick!

13. Christine June 4, 2012 at 13:01 #

Perfectly put together. Although, I wished Leighton “The Best Shoes in the Biz” Meester could have worn colorful shoes.

14. justme June 4, 2012 at 13:46 #

Sometimes your natural hair colour isn’t the one that works best for you. Her usual brunette locks would have been perfect here.
    I like the look though, even the nude pumps.

15. dee June 4, 2012 at 13:56 #

Don’t like her as a blonde and I don’t like the shoes. The outfit is cool.

16. Lady Loki June 4, 2012 at 14:28 #

What is going on here? She looks washed out. That hair color and style does NOT suit her. This girl is born to be a brunette. The lipstick is not working either. The outfit is cute, she pulls it off, but the suede heels are too heavy for the season. Leighton has YET to impress me on the red carpet. It will be hard to wash her overly tan image in that horrific Marchesa out of my head.

17. Emma June 4, 2012 at 14:35 #

She looks pretty :) But what has happened to our Shoe Queen?

18. carine June 4, 2012 at 15:39 #

the shoes are so uninspired…what happened with her? the hair is really color does not do her any favours, either. the outfit is okay, i guess. i am used to another leighton, one that really challenges the red carpet with bolder choices. she’s been missing her usual stylist and it really does show!

19. carine June 4, 2012 at 15:40 #

+++ the bangs must go once and for all they just make her look moussey and generic. bring back the awesome style you got us used to leighton!

20. Francois B June 4, 2012 at 15:53 #

I LOVE IT! She pulls it off so well! And it’s the first time that I like nude pumps! Thank you Leighton ♥

21. Rebecca Z June 4, 2012 at 16:01 #

This outfit looks great on the model, but Leighton looks like she’s headed out to the grocery store with her keys in one pocket and her coupons in the other.

22. EmmaWoodhouse June 4, 2012 at 16:44 #

Um, Leighton? Did you lose a fight with a thrift store?

23. Angela June 4, 2012 at 20:13 #

No. I hate the look, I adore the ensemble on the model, but Leighton’s poor styling brings it to hell.
    1. Tuck in the shirt, it makes her look sloppy.
    2. Wear the shorts high waisted.
    3. Ditch the heavy nude pumps, be more creative.
    4. The tangerine lippie is not too fitting for the look, but not too bad, either.

24. bb June 5, 2012 at 05:11 #

I like her styling better than the model’s. But gawdd, those shoes are horrid. She should have shut it down with the model shoes. Why Leighton why?