Katherine Jenkins kick-started the Jubilee celebrations on Saturday by singing the National Anthem to the Queen at the Epsom Racecourse.

The singer wore a Suzanne Neville strapless mermaid ivory gown which feels more like a wedding gown, but one can’t fault her for making an effort for the big occasion.

She styled her hair into a chic wavy updo and dazzled with silver jewels.

Katherine’s second look for the day was a Roland Mouret Spring 2012 ‘Herbert’ frock which she wore to meet the Queen.

The dress seems a tad inappropriate. When she curtsied, the Queen would’ve had more than an eyeful of her cleavage.

I’m sure Katherine wanted to pay homage to the Queen in this blue frock with a perched blue hat, but this dress grossly screams ‘Look at me’.

You can buy Katherine’s Roland Mouret ‘Herbert dress from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Alba In Christian Dior - Montblanc Sanlitun Concept Store Press Conference

Jessica Alba In Christian Dior – Montblanc Sanlitun Concept Store Press Conference

Coco Rocha In Dennis Basso - 5th Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic

Coco Rocha In Dennis Basso – 5th Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic

21 Responses to Katherine Jenkins In Suzanne Neville & Roland Mouret – Diamond Jubilee Epsom Derby

1. Alina June 4, 2012 at 14:15 #

I agree 1000%.

• Linda June 4, 2012 at 14:46 #

Me too.

2. Yeliz June 4, 2012 at 14:15 #

I dislike both looks.

I appreciate that she made an effort by wearing the Suzanne Neville gown but it’s way too bridal. It would’ve been great, if it had a different colour.

And I don’t know what I dislike so much on her Roland Mouret look. Maybe it’s the cleavage or that the dress is not event appropriate. Anyway, I just don’t like it.

3. dee June 4, 2012 at 14:17 #

1st look is too bridal and 2nd look is ok. Tired of seeing nude pumps.

4. Christine June 4, 2012 at 14:33 #

Tacky to the highest degree.

• Silentvisitor June 4, 2012 at 14:48 #

She looks like a barbie doll………I agree with you….Tacky

5. Carolina June 4, 2012 at 14:36 #

To me, both look sort of like sausage casing. They don’t show off her figure to best advantage. A bit of ease in there would have been far more attractive.

6. Jess2 June 4, 2012 at 14:38 #

I agree with all of your points FC. The Suzanne Neville gown is far too bridal and I think there is too much breast going on in both looks. While normally I would not have a problem with either style and she looks stunning, I don’t think either is appropriate considering the context of the event. I think the Roland Mouret ‘Ezra’ dress would have been great for a little more coverage.

7. CreoleLady June 4, 2012 at 14:39 #

Tacky and tackier. WAY too much cleavage for the occasion. There are tasteful ways of showing one’s decolletage to advantage. Neither of these looks do imo.

• mandy June 4, 2012 at 14:44 #

Agree. It’s a stunning gown but there are way too much boobs going on

8. Nat June 4, 2012 at 14:56 #

The first look is awful. It looks like a very cheap bridal gown. Also, I understand she wanted something big, but a white gown on a grass court? Really?

As for the second look, I love that Roland Mouret dress, but she’s making it look tacky, too. And I agree that it’s quite inappropriate to meet the Queen.

9. Zannie June 4, 2012 at 15:02 #

Do love that colour blue though.

The bridal gown is a bit odd, considering how cold it is, and knowing where she was going to perform.

It’s mostly the whole, nice dress, wrong occasion.

10. Carlton West June 4, 2012 at 15:41 #

Sensational Welsh super-soprano Katherine Jenkins is fearless, flamboyant, fashionable, and ultra-feminine. What a gorgeous, talented lady!

11. Francois B June 4, 2012 at 15:43 #

I don’t think so

12. Rebecca Z June 4, 2012 at 15:49 #

I do like the Roland Mouret dress in blue, but will defer on whether it is appropriate for the occasion to those better versed in meeting the Queen protocol. The white gown is not very flattering on her and really struck me as an odd choice the first time I saw it. Too revealing, too bridal, too cheap looking, too ridiculous.

13. robbie June 4, 2012 at 15:57 #

hate both looks, but the colour of the roland mouret dress is gorgeous!

14. Riley June 4, 2012 at 16:23 #

Both looks are awful. She needs a stylist pronto. She never gets it right.

15. EmmaWoodhouse June 4, 2012 at 17:08 #

I like the Roland Mouret dress in blue, her hat is fun, but UGH both looks ended up being tacky, especially the first one! Modesty is a lost virtue these days!

16. bm June 5, 2012 at 11:46 #

I like the RM dress, that’s it.

17. Danny B June 6, 2012 at 15:19 #

Katherine jenkins is so hot ohhh YEAH

18. Julie Burns June 23, 2012 at 12:47 #

I love the RM dress and have purchased it for my Daughters Wedding although my boobs won’t look quite so big! It’s absolutely gorgeous and thankyou Katherine for making my choice of outfit so easy, I have the shoes already!