Cheryl Cole In Eva Minge – Diamond Jubilee Concert

Cheryl Cole took to the stage tonight during the Diamond Jubilee Concert, held at Buckingham Palace in London.

She performed a duet of Lady Antebellum’s hit, ‘Need You Now’ with the concert organiser Gary Barlow of Take That.

The singer, who was terribly out of tune and out sung by the brilliant Gary, wore an Eva Minge Spring 2012 Couture gown.

Her black strapless sequin mermaid gown with an ombre train also had velvet details on the bust and around the skirt.

It’s no Stéphane Rolland.

She should’ve hit #2 on her speed-dial and requested to wear one of Rolland’s creations for this performance as I find this gown so unappealing and dated.

No doubt the big gown was to distract us from her lack of vocal ability.

de Grisogono jewels and wavy ponytail completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto - 'Gentleman's Wager' London Screening

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto – ‘Gentleman’s Wager’ London Screening

Jessie J In Falguni and Shane Peacock - Diamond Jubilee Concert

Jessie J In Falguni and Shane Peacock – Diamond Jubilee Concert

52 Responses to Cheryl Cole In Eva Minge – Diamond Jubilee Concert

1. AnderBoBo June 5, 2012 at 00:06 #

How did she ever get in the position to judge others’ vocal abilities?! That video should come with a warning! Sartorially speaking, I actually quite like this dress, perhaps the hair could be better styled but on a whole, not bad!

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2012 at 00:12 #

It’s beyond belief. I could only watch a minute and a half. Painful.

• SilentVisitor June 5, 2012 at 00:27 #

I have to be honest, this is the first time I ever listened to her singing, I did not even know her until I started reading FC’s website, well it is probably the last time I will ever listen to her. She is terrible.
      Not really JLo does not have great vocal abilities but she was a judge. I think you can sometimes know what to do to become a good singer, tennis/soccer/etc player without being able to it yourself…..

• SilentVisitor June 5, 2012 at 00:28 #

to *do* it yourself

2. Riley June 5, 2012 at 00:13 #

The gown is atrocious along with the fact that Cheryl is the most successful member of Girls Aloud.
    She is a horrible singer. Horrible. FC when you said she was untalented in previous posts, I thought ‘Cheryl can’t be THAT bad if she’s gotten this far’ but no, FC you were totally right.

Why society elevates talentless people again and again is beyond me.

Maybe she didn’t have it in her budget for a Stephane Roland gown, as I imagine his work is FAR more expensive than Eva Minge.

3. nicole June 5, 2012 at 00:24 #

so painful to hear. poor gary. out of all people why her to sing with him. anyway don’t like the dress the sparkle with that trimming and then the tail don’t blend.

• SilentVisitor June 5, 2012 at 00:30 #

+1. I don’t like the dress either……..she was so great in Rolland’s creation at Cannes……

4. Nat June 5, 2012 at 00:26 #

Keeps the comments on the fashion.

• nokia June 5, 2012 at 01:36 #

totally agree. i dont mean to be rude but i was kinda surprised u wrote about her lack of talent when u told us so many times to comments on fashion instead of other things.

• crystal June 5, 2012 at 03:09 #

since she is a singer and she can’t sing then i guess the only thing i can focus on is fashion now =/ what is she famous for anyway?! oh right, fashion

• uschi June 5, 2012 at 06:42 #

Come on, really? FC is very respectful and never comments negatively on any of her posts unless it’s absolutely true. Which in this case, it is. Not to mention she has reinforced her positive opinion of Cheryl’s style on numerous occasions. This just happens to be a FAIL!

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2012 at 06:54 #

Thanks uschi. Since she was performing the fact that she couldn’t sing was an observation and worthy of a mention.

• Jess June 8, 2012 at 20:54 #

I don’t see what the big deal is that FC has given her opinion on Cheryl’s singing ability, she has pointed out what most of us were thinking with the exception of few def people and hardcore Cheryl fans.

Well done FC!

• Fashion Critic June 8, 2012 at 23:03 #

thanks Jess. Have a nice weekend x

5. Hannah June 5, 2012 at 00:29 #

I missed the start of the concert btu I saw the second half & I was surprised and a little disappointed to see Cheryl standing behind the Queen when she got on stage. ‘Terribly out of tune’ would eb right, I suffered the first 2 lines until I couldn’t take it any more.
    On to the dress, it wasn’t a great dress to start with, I think it isn’t appropriate for the event, Elton John can get away with a pink sparkly Blazer, but he’s Elton John, and the fact that she didn’t bother wearing spanx so one can see the outline of her underwear & her belly button, I do believe.

6. Yeliz June 5, 2012 at 00:49 #

This is the first Couture gown which looks tacky to me. I can’t even believe it’s Couture.
    As for her voice.. I think all the people above me said everything.

7. Dan Oliver June 5, 2012 at 00:54 #

Wow you really dont like her Im just going to judge the dress I feel it was a little dated and somewhat inappropriate she should of wore the Roberto Cavalli gown.

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2012 at 01:28 #

As a singer. No? Never have done. She proved why tonight.

8. Christine June 5, 2012 at 01:00 #

God awful dress and she is a horrid singer

9. mandy June 5, 2012 at 01:03 #

I have to comment on her dress before I watch the video or else whatever I say will be biased. Haha. Anyway I think the dress is gorgeous. Probably cus I’m a sucker for anything ombre. Shes like the Eva Longoria of the UK, no? Tiny little girl wearing big gowns.

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2012 at 01:27 #

Yes, you could say that

10. Molly June 5, 2012 at 01:44 #

Wow…that was painful to watch :( One the bright side, Gary Barlow is really fantastic! He just found himself another fan.
    I dont care for this dress at all. Its very cheap looking and her hair and earrings bring it right into Tacky Town.

11. Crna June 5, 2012 at 04:33 #

She is very pretty girl with a faboulose voice and it was performance of the night all my friends loved it and what a faboulose dress you lot should stop been nasty and jalousie and should be more patriotic
    special occasion special girl special duet and fab dress my favorite of the night and she can sing amazing even under such a pressure

• SilentVisitor June 5, 2012 at 13:04 #

Well, you know what we say: all tastes are in nature

12. mattison June 5, 2012 at 05:27 #

The picture of the model works because the sequins seem less in your face and the big updo to counter the poufy mermaid bottom works better than a curly prom ponytail style. She also appears to have, unfortunately, turned to Nicole Scherzinger’s makeup artist for a 90′s Pam Anderson cat eye. Basically, she took an already over the top gown and totally overcooked it for a subpar performance.

13. Jess2 June 5, 2012 at 07:01 #

oh my she sounds terrible and I mean really terrible :( I’ve not heard her sing before and I won’t listen again. Was her earpiece broken or something? Gary was lovely though.

I am not really loving the dress but I wouldn’t say she looks terrible and I do I like some parts of her styling.

14. Irmina June 5, 2012 at 08:27 #

A beautiful dress from polish fashion designer, yeah!
    But i must admit, that she sing terribly :)
    Maybe that dress was too narrow :)

15. Ioana June 5, 2012 at 08:29 #

oh my.. I actually managed to watch (and LISTEN!!) to the entire disaster.

sorry, Cheryl Cole, but you should stick with fashion/shoes/perfumes/photoshooting. we don’t want you as a singer. ditto.

(I actually like the dress :)) maybe because of the fact that everything else was HORRIBLE)

16. justiner June 5, 2012 at 09:09 #

I really love this dress. And I don’t care whether she can sing or not – it is fashion we are talking about here, not music.

• Jeremy June 5, 2012 at 09:56 #

I don’t get why some of you are a bit upset when we have a bit of “side dish” on this post. This is a fun blog and we don’t have to talked about “fashion only”. Plus, it’s not some sensitive personal issues, she’s a singer and she can’t sing- it’s very obvious and we, as audiences, have every right to say. Light up!

17. Nat June 5, 2012 at 09:37 #

Wow, this is a couture gown? Really? It looks really cheap…
    Plus, it’s definitely too tight on Cheryl.

18. jones19 June 5, 2012 at 09:51 #

Oh poor Gary! The dress is pretty but she cannot sing.

19. bm June 5, 2012 at 11:59 #

What really put me off from this look is the ombre part. That made this couture dress seems cheap.

20. Amy June 5, 2012 at 12:40 #

nice dress , I like the ombre effect. About the singing it’s awful , she’s just murdered one of my fave songs. Don’t do a cover if you can’t sing it well. I bet Lady antebellum would be sick if they heard that.

21. dee June 5, 2012 at 13:40 #

I like this dress. I think she looks great.

22. Lola June 5, 2012 at 13:52 #

I like it anyways!! She is so sweet and beautiful!! I love love love watching her! Don’t mind she is not a perfect singer, I enjoy watching her

23. Reddy June 5, 2012 at 14:31 #

Literally could not agree more with everything you said therefore there’s no point expanding on all the facts!

24. Francois B June 5, 2012 at 15:11 #

She looks gorgeous as always!

25. manja June 5, 2012 at 15:20 #

I actualy listend to it again after reading comments,and listened to Lady Antebellum live performance so I can compere,and don’t know what to say.LA sounde better but C is not that bad.And as for fashion I like her whole look incl.make up,it goes well for a performance on stage,sort of dramatic look but nice one.

26. Shaina June 5, 2012 at 15:52 #

I just listened to the video and you’re right, her vocal ability is definitely lacking. She was totally outshined! To make matters worse, the dress is a disaster. Why would you choose something like this to perform in?

27. Nirina June 5, 2012 at 18:54 #

i disagree.. i think she looks stunningly beautiful. i literally exhaled ‘wow’ when i saw it! love her hair like that, and i think she looks lovely.

28. Natalia June 5, 2012 at 19:36 #

I guess this is the first time you’ve mentioned Eva Minge. She’s kinda famous designer in Poland, mostly for her own image, not fashion.

I really hope, you’ll find out that generally speaking, Polish designers are not bad at all. ;)

• Fashion Critic June 5, 2012 at 19:43 #

I’m sure they are not :)

29. Parvati June 5, 2012 at 19:39 #

My first thought was that I liked this dress, as it’s quite impressive and I like the ombre part. However, I’m not sure I like the velvet parts, as I think they make the whole look a bit overkill. It ends up having too much going on. Nonetheless, I don’t think it’s that bad.

30. FashionLover June 5, 2012 at 20:57 #

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.386807018008957.85959.112706568752338&type=3 – Check Eva Minge F/W 12/13 Ready-to-wear and other creations i found on her facebook… realy amazing!

31. EmmaWoodhouse June 5, 2012 at 23:52 #

Overblown and tacky. But then, I wasn’t a huge fan of the S. Rolland either–I’m not a big fan of the overdone mermaid silhouette AND the top was ill-fitted, imo. This is more the same, just a bit worst (Thanks to the tight, sparkly, tackiness of it.)

32. Nicole June 6, 2012 at 09:44 #

I think the dress looks good but it’s the poor styling (chandalier earrings, heavy eye makeup…) that makes it look dated. With such a statement dress it didn’t really need so much else going on.

33. robbie June 6, 2012 at 14:24 #

on the model it looks beautiful on cheryl tweedy “cole” it looks cheap and trashy.

34. Sophie Mallat June 6, 2012 at 21:09 #

I admire Eva Minge. Great Polish designer.

35. Molly June 7, 2012 at 00:48 #

Lost for words, she has made millions as an entertainer and she actually CANNOT hold a simple tune. Pretty scary!

36. Patrycja June 9, 2012 at 20:54 #

WoW what a beatiful dress Wow … Love the disigner Your dresses are like always in very good taste .. I am very proud that Cheryl Cole choose Ewa Minge :)))

37. George September 19, 2012 at 20:03 #

She does not have the talent or class to wear these clothes.
    She does not have the talent to call herself a singer.
    For me the miracle workers are make up artists and sound engineers.