Salma Hayek In Bottega Veneta – ‘Prometheus’ London Premiere

Salma Hayek added an unexpected dose of sugar to the ‘Prometheus’ world premiere, held in London last evening.

The actress looked saccharine sweet wearing a lavender Bottega Veneta Fall 2012 dress with purple-sequined embellishments along the waist and sleeves.

Her tailored dress, with its prim collar and Jackie-O vibe, seems a bit out of place for the world premiere of a major action blockbuster.

I wish Salma had reserved this dress for a luncheon or a photocall, as I do love this light purple hue on her olive complexion.

Matchy-matchy purple Bottega Veneta accessories and a sleek bun finish the look.

Thing to be most thankful for on this occasion is the fresh makeup. Whoever was applying her makeup during Cannes was not doing her any favours.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Michelle Yeoh In Armani Privé – Giorgio Armani ‘One Night Only In Beijing’ Fashion Show

Louise Roe In Manish Arora - NYLON Magazine June/July Music Issue Launch Party

Louise Roe In Manish Arora – NYLON Magazine June/July Music Issue Launch Party

22 Responses to Salma Hayek In Bottega Veneta – ‘Prometheus’ London Premiere

1. firien June 1, 2012 at 12:26 #

I’m sorry but I really hate this look on Salma. Aging as hell, especially with that pose.

2. Betty Brandenburg June 1, 2012 at 12:31 #

Proof it’s never good to wear a dress that’s too tight. Would have looked much better half a size up!

3. robbie June 1, 2012 at 12:32 #

thank god the make-up hasnt been applied by a drag queen and she isnt wearing gucci. the dress is pretty but not loving it on salma.

• Yeliz June 1, 2012 at 13:42 #

4. Amy June 1, 2012 at 12:36 #

she looks good! i love the dress

5. sarah June 1, 2012 at 12:46 #

The only reason why I like it is for the first time, the focus isnt entirely on her bosom

6. Alina June 1, 2012 at 12:53 #

The dress is beautiful, but I agree that it isn’t appropriate for this event.

7. nina June 1, 2012 at 13:14 #

this woman will always be tacky or inappropriate, no matter how beautiful she is or how much money she has. she just doesnt get it. and never will.

8. Jess2 June 1, 2012 at 13:19 #

I am over-joyed about her makeup, I could not believe what was going on with her makeup at Cannes so this is a relief. I think she looks fantastic and definitely has a Jackie O vibe going on but I also agree that this look is not really event appropriate. I do love the colour against the blue carpet though.

9. bm June 1, 2012 at 13:31 #

Salma’s look just too-much purple, that’s the problem, because I hate purple. If I wanna wear a purple thing, i would definitely pair it with another color.

10. Christine June 1, 2012 at 14:38 #

She looks good here. Giving credit when its due :) I agree thought, wrong dress for wrong premiere. This fits her like a T.

11. the(un?)social butterfly June 1, 2012 at 14:44 #

WHY ALWAYS SO ILL-FITTING AND TIGHT? I CAN´T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

Such a beautiful woman with so much to choose from, how can she manage to not ever do herself any favors?

12. effieee June 1, 2012 at 14:46 #

I’d appreciate this look more if it wasn’t so matchy matchy.

• Ayatlaw June 3, 2012 at 23:12 #

13. EmmaWoodhouse June 1, 2012 at 15:10 #

I WOULD love this look from head to toe (great makeup, finally, and great shoes!), and even call it out for BDOTW if it were not for two major problems:
    1. It is TOO TIGHT!!! Not only are too tight clothes rather tacky, they are also MAJORLY unflattering. It makes her look like a sausage, when she really has an amazing figure.
    2. This is a WORLD PREMIERE. STEP IT UP!!!

14. Rebecca Z June 1, 2012 at 15:53 #

Puzzling. Unlike some of the others, I am a big fan of Salma–as an actress, producer and sometimes in fashion. I think she is stunningly beautiful and has a lovely figure that is hard to dress in today’s fashions. But there is no consistent vision in her choices and I find that odd. Maybe she just has too much to choose from, but by now I would have thought she would have a consistent sense of her own style.

15. dee June 1, 2012 at 17:18 #

My only gripe if it is a little to tight. The color looks fabulous on her. The dress is very pretty and I think it is event appropriate.

16. justme June 1, 2012 at 17:49 #

Even if it’s the wrong event and the dress seems tight around the stomach area, I could have loved this look. But the tights… no!

17. Zannie June 1, 2012 at 18:31 #

Aside from the overly matchy-matchy thing she has going on with purple shoes, purple clutch, purple dress…

This is such as great improvement from her Cannes looks that I give a pass on relief alone- it fits (better than any of the Cannes looks), so our eyes are drawn to the rest of her figure, not just her bust and her make up isn’t overdone.

18. Dhppy June 1, 2012 at 23:44 #

I really like this look on Salma. True, I don’t think “action film” when I see it, but looking lovely is never out of place.

19. Joanna June 2, 2012 at 13:54 #

She looks really pretty. I like everything about her outfit and how she paired it.

20. Sharon June 3, 2012 at 10:32 #

I really love this color on Salma, but the dress — not so much. And although I can’t see Jackie O wearing the dress (unless the sleeves and all the glitter were removed), she would have looked gorgeous in the color too.