Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen attended the Fresh Air Funds Salute to American Heroes yesterday in New York City.

Both wore looks from their fashion label, The Row.

Ashley wore a lovely ivory halter dress from the Spring 2012 collection with a ruffled, textured detail cascading down the front.

With her hair pulled back into a simple bun, she styled with a Sydney Garber bracelet and Manolo Blahnik tan pumps.

Mary-Kate selected a darker look from The Row, teaming a black silk blouse with large blouson sleeves with a matching black silk skirt.

Statement jewels, Fendi colour-block sandals and a crocodile bag by The Row accessorized her look.

On this rare occasion I like both looks, but I wish they would stand apart just once on the red carpet so we can get a proper look at what they are wearing.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Alexa Chung's Carven Lace Appliquéd Silk Organza Twill Shirt And YSL Ingénue Suede And Metal Slingbacks

Alexa Chung’s Carven Lace Appliquéd Silk Organza Twill Shirt And YSL Ingénue Suede And Metal Slingbacks

Michelle Jenner In Oscar de la Renta - Hugo Boss Party

Michelle Jenner In Oscar de la Renta – Hugo Boss Party

20 Responses to Ashley & Mary-Kate Olsen In The Row – The Fresh Air Funds Salute To American Heroes

1. robbie June 1, 2012 at 12:34 #

ashley looks good minus the shoes, mary-kate though looks like she stole that dress from her grandma.

2. Alina June 1, 2012 at 12:55 #

I like their looks! :)

3. Lashae June 1, 2012 at 13:02 #

I kinda like the outfit Ashley is wearing. It would better with different(better) hair and shoes. But Mary-Kate, she is always dresses so homely. Only thing I like about the outfit is the shoes.

4. nina June 1, 2012 at 13:10 #

i love both their brands, the row and elizabeth and james. they are not the “usual” celebrity” brands of clothing. i never thought, but they design beautiful, high quality and classy clothes. i like what they are wearing here. i would have considered the length of the dresses – as the sisters are short – but that’s how they like em’. it them, their signature style, so fine with me.

5. bm June 1, 2012 at 13:24 #

I like the white dress. It was a delicate piece.
    And I have a question. When did they went to some party san their twinds ? It’s like never.

6. Yeliz June 1, 2012 at 13:47 #

I like Ashley’s dress but not the shoes and Mary-Kate’s shoes and her bag.

7. Beta June 1, 2012 at 13:56 #

mmm, I dont get the Row :\
    very OVERprized and often unflattering tayloring

8. Christine June 1, 2012 at 14:33 #

I like the shoes Mary-Kate is wearing. That’s about it! LOL

9. EmmaWoodhouse June 1, 2012 at 15:19 #

Better, but the more I look at Ashley’s dress the more I don’t like it…

10. loolaB June 1, 2012 at 15:48 #

I understand why you want them to stand apart when posing.I wish they would too. However,I have a twin myself, so it feels normal to have someone stuck to your shoulder. I guess it’s like a comfort zone,that’s probably why they are always together at events.

• Fashion Critic June 1, 2012 at 15:56 #

I’m sure it is a comfort thing

11. Rebecca Z June 1, 2012 at 15:58 #

Frumpy and oversized. These clothes are designed for people to hide in. These two are so strange–don’t understand their attraction to fashion.

12. Carolina June 1, 2012 at 16:01 #

Both appear to be wearing sacks, though the white is slightly better fitted. However, this could be due to really bad posture, particularly the one in black, who has the demeanor of an 80-year-old woman. Not a fan of brand or women in this case, and completely do not understand their ‘style icon’ status.

• amparo June 1, 2012 at 16:45 #

Agreed!

• dee June 1, 2012 at 17:31 #

I agree.

13. Fiona-Brasil June 1, 2012 at 16:47 #

These two are different from everybody.If you like it or not, is another question.I find it refreshing , a change from all the half naked starlets you see everywhere.Their line of bags is exquisite except for the prices.And another thing I love about them, they never wear those hideous platforms with stratospheric heels, in spite of being “petite” .

14. kimmie June 1, 2012 at 16:57 #

Man I love them. They seriously do no wrong in my book!

15. Nat39 June 1, 2012 at 19:07 #

Mary-Kate can’t sell anything to me with that old lady hunchback, please straighten that back (!) They both need to work on their presence, they look silly to me no matter what they wear.

16. Jess2 June 3, 2012 at 06:39 #

I just don’t get their style. Their handbag line is fantastic (except for the prices) but their clothing has no appeal for me and I don’t really find their designs fashion forward.

17. Sharon June 3, 2012 at 10:18 #

It’s nice to see at least one of them smile and stand up straight. As for the clothes . . . Well, it’s a nice smile.