Ever since Angelina Jolie’s much talked about, if questionable, leg pose at the Oscars this year, we have taken more notice of pin-flashers on the red carpet.
At amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala last week, Jessie J, Milla Jovovich, Isabeli Fontana and Nina Dobrev all donned dresses split to the thigh, showing off a lot of leg.
While these lovely ladies are probably up at 6am with a personal trainer every day, those who have not been dutifully doing one hundred squats a day and hill sprints all winter can also have picture-perfect legs in minutes.
– Pre-shower using a dry body brush to boost circulation and slough off dead skin
– In a warm, not hot, shower use a body scrub like Clinique Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator or Bliss FatGirlScrub to smoothe skin and get rid of any pesky in-grown hairs
– A great razor and moisturising shave gel is a must have
– If your legs are looking pasty or have unsightly bruises, a shimmery tinted moisturiser like This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle can hide imperfections, skin discolourations and scars. It also has a powerful complex of vitamin C and vitamin E to help even out skin tone and Arnica to fade bruising
– If you need more coverage, a body ‘foundation’ like Dermablend Leg and Body Cover will hide tattoos, stretch marks, varicose veins, spider veins, bruises, scars and even burns for a flawless red-carpet look
– If you don’t want any colour on your legs, Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion tightens and moisturises in a flash, then you can finish off with a dusting of shimmer powder down the shin bones to make your legs appear longer.
Bliss FatGirlScrub – Bliss World
Gillette Venus Embrace Razor for Women – Boots.com
This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle – Boots.com
Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion – Sephora.com
Dermablend Leg and Body – Dermablend.com
Victoria’s Secret Makeup Brilliant Shimmer All-over Powder – Victoriassecret.com