Lily Collins In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Lily Collins was in London yesterday evening attending the 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards where she picked up the Breakthrough of The Year Award.

She looked very pretty in a non-princess-like way wearing an Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2012 dress.

The green jacquard dress with a full A-line skirt is a simpler version of the same dress which appeared in the McQueen lookbook.

Black Alexander McQueen armadillo-heel pumps and a ruby Bulgari ring accessorized her look.

I love the styling with the sweeping wavy locks and the deep-rouge lip colour.

I’m normally indifferent to Lily on the red carpet, but I find this look quite charming.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Angelina Jolie In L’Agence - ‘In The Land of Blood and Honey’ London Screening

Angelina Jolie In L’Agence – ‘In The Land of Blood and Honey’ London Screening

Charlize Theron In Lanvin - The Today Show

Charlize Theron In Lanvin – The Today Show

20 Responses to Lily Collins In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

1. Anne g May 30, 2012 at 13:20 #

Jessica Alba 2.O

2. nina May 30, 2012 at 13:34 #

no! no! no! no! no! alexander mcqueen is not for little girls to play. mcqueen needs personality and attitude, which lily doesn’t have (mcqueen wise, as in general, i kinda like her)

3. Serena May 30, 2012 at 13:39 #

I’m completely in love with this dress. Flawless.

4. mimi May 30, 2012 at 13:51 #

I love this, she looks gorgeous! Although I kind of wish she’d kept the darker detailing from the lookbook version, I think that would have looked incredible.

5. effieee May 30, 2012 at 13:54 #

It’s a shame she didn’t wear the lookbook version of the dress, her dress simply pales in comparison. And her pumps, yawn. Wish she wore the Alexander McQueen satin T-bar sandals.

6. Yeliz May 30, 2012 at 14:11 #

The pumps ruin the whole look for me. Even though I really like the dress and her hair, I can’t overlook those pumps.

• Médée May 31, 2012 at 11:32 #

I agree.

7. Christine May 30, 2012 at 14:11 #

I prefer the look book version. Both the sdress and the styling! On Lily? It seems to sugary. This is McQueen.

8. bm May 30, 2012 at 14:50 #

Wow, she looks stunning.
    Love the styling also.

9. Riley May 30, 2012 at 14:52 #

She wouldn’t have pulled off the runway, so her version was a great idea. The shoes are boring, even if they are the Armadillos.

• Alina May 30, 2012 at 16:02 #

10. Susie May 30, 2012 at 15:34 #

I wish she stuck with the dress that’s on the model. I find Lily’s version boring and the dress material looks like drapes. Hair and makeup is flawless though.

11. EmmaWoodhouse May 30, 2012 at 16:06 #

Love this dress. Kind of wish she kept the runway version (without the silly leggings) but this is a great look! The forest green is amazing on her–love her hair and makeup–and the pumps are armadillo pumps so I assume they’re more interesting from the back.
    BDOTW contender!

12. dee May 30, 2012 at 16:19 #

Seems out of season. Looks too heavy and the shoes are a snooze.

13. Marybeth May 30, 2012 at 16:45 #

I think it’s a nice look. The color is wintry or fall-ish, but it looks so beautiful on her that I’ll forgive that.
    I don’t know if I can forgive the shoes, though, because they just accentuate the heavy, wintry feel.

14. Amy May 30, 2012 at 17:31 #

cute

15. Hisadora May 30, 2012 at 18:58 #

She is so gorgeous that her beauty stands out more than her entire look….

16. the(un?)social butterfly May 30, 2012 at 20:40 #

This is an amazing look for this girl. And the color and texture of this fabric looks beautiful against her skin and dark lips. However, the pumps… you have instilled automatic rejection to pumps in me, FC! They can´t ruin the look, though, it´s pretty great.

17. Jess2 May 31, 2012 at 04:29 #

I think she looks amazing! The colour and shape on Lily is great and the dress itself is just fantastic. I really love both versions of the dress but I think that Lily’s version is a bit more suited to her. Also love the pops of deep red and the shoes don’t bother me at all because they allow the dress and Lily’s natural beauty to stand out.

18. Shaina May 31, 2012 at 16:14 #

I love it, simple and very pretty. I kind of wish she would have worn the runway version now that I see it. Either way, she looks great here.