Jessica Alba In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Jessica Alba was in London yesterday evening attending the 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards where she picked up the Entrepreneur of The Year Award for Honest.com and her various other projects outside acting.

She wore an Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 gown.

Her black chiffon gown with lace detailing at the bodice, flirty ruffled trims, and a black satin bow also has a negligee feel to it.

Jessica’s styling was kept simple with a white Alexander McQueen studded clutch, a silver necklace and a Bulgari rose gold and diamond Serpenti ring.

A chic bun and flawless makeup provided the finishing touches.

Credit: AlexanderMcQueen.com & FameFlynet

Eva Longoria In Victoria Beckham - 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Eva Longoria In Victoria Beckham – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Naomi Watts In Versace - 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Naomi Watts In Versace – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

33 Responses to Jessica Alba In Alexander McQueen – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

1. Yeliz May 30, 2012 at 11:06 #

A nice look – sans the necklace – but not my favorite look of hers.

2. GirlOne May 30, 2012 at 11:14 #

Besides the fact that I don’t like the dress – she’s way overdressed, isn’t she??

3. robbie May 30, 2012 at 11:15 #

i want to like it, but there is just something about it that screams designer nightie.

4. DD May 30, 2012 at 11:17 #

Dear Jessica Alba and Team Alba,

This is horrendous. She is not right for Alexander McQueen and looks horrible in the dress. Everything this girl has been wearing lately has just been awful. Shame on her. And shame on McQueen for loaning to her. This really upsets me. When hard working actresses and REAL entrepreneurs are struggling to make ends meet everyday, she’s flaunting an ill fitted dress that deserves to be worn by a true actress. Jessica Alba is last decades news, and sadly can’t realize that in this day in age, if you don’t have talent you are a one hit wonder. Walking every red carpet on Gods earth wont last forever!

Xoxo,
    Society

• effieee May 30, 2012 at 12:54 #

Agree with the comment that she’s not right for McQueen. Not many people can pull off McQueen, and unfortunately Alba is one of those people. She lacks the presence and attitude to pull it off. What a waste.

• Christine May 30, 2012 at 14:18 #

Hate to say it but yes. She cannot pull of McQueen. Flawless makeup but this dress is not “fit” for her.

• Leela May 30, 2012 at 14:22 #

YES x100000!! Apart from the fact that she’s a mom there’s not much keeping her in the celebrity circle. One half naked movie every 2 years yet every red carpet she’s there.
        Dress needed someone taller and with personality to match. I hate it when it seems like it’s a waste of a gown!!

• LeeA May 30, 2012 at 19:20 #

I agree. When I Jessica Alba just going to disappear for good. Other businesswomen don’t show up to every red carpet worldwide! Clearly she and her machine still think there is hope for a career in acting. Give it up and as the other reader noted, PAY SOME RESPECT TO REAL ACTRESSES THAT ARE WORKING SO HARD AND STRUGGLING.

AND Entrepreneur???? I would have preferred to see the Kardashian clan and their entire marketing/pr team win an award. As much as we hate them, they turned a sex tape into a major enterprise. And the best part is they at least admit to it and know what they are!

Jessica Alba is nothing more than an Kardashian. Let’s all hope this McQueen gown, which could have been amazing on someone else, was purchased and not loaned direct from the brand.

• SilentVisitor May 31, 2012 at 05:29 #

Isn’t this site about fashion? what is the relationship between her fashion sense and her acting skills? I agree with you though that this dress is not for her……..by the way there are very very few really talented actresses like Meryl Streep, Dame Mirren just to name some of the best, hence the rest are well…whatever…

• firien May 31, 2012 at 12:27 #

I wonder if so many people had problems with her acting skills if she was dressed flawlessly and personality-appropriate…

5. Zineb May 30, 2012 at 11:20 #

The gown is beautiful but it doesn’t suit Jessica’s personality. It’s gothic, mysterious and dark, just not her.

• Anne g May 30, 2012 at 13:19 #

+ 1

Jessica is beautiful but lacks the grace and stature to wear this dress.

• dylan January 18, 2013 at 07:40 #

I think she has plenty of grace on the red carpet.

However this dress calls for a wearer with an edgy personality – Jessica’s too girly for this.
        Helena Bonham Carter could pull this off.

6. Emi May 30, 2012 at 11:51 #

She looks beautiful but the gown doesn’t even seem McQueen’s.

7. Alina May 30, 2012 at 12:22 #

She looks beautiful, but the necklace wasn’t needed.

8. Jones19 May 30, 2012 at 12:38 #

This gown is beautiful on her, I don’t think she’s a McQueen girl but this gown works.

9. LOLA May 30, 2012 at 12:38 #

She’s at every event but i’ve never saw a movie of her in the past 5 years.

10. Zoe May 30, 2012 at 12:43 #

another waste of a McQueen dress.
    like Sonam Kapoor she does not have the presence to pull off the look.
    and the necklace? what she was thinking?????

11. june May 30, 2012 at 12:50 #

she sucked all the sexy and edgy out of mcqueen in this. really not her best look at all.

12. sarah May 30, 2012 at 14:08 #

I love Jess. I really do. But this looks like glorified lingerie.

13. Carolina May 30, 2012 at 14:41 #

This dress detracts from Alba’s beauty.

14. Riley May 30, 2012 at 15:03 #

I think it’s the gown to begin with. It’s a poetic gown, but it just doesn’t translate.

I don’t know what Brad Goreski was thinking on this one. This has to be one of his first blunders as a stylist.

15. Rachel May 30, 2012 at 15:08 #

She looks quite frumpy, just to be honest. The way she is carrying herself compared to the model just looks frumpy

16. Leti May 30, 2012 at 15:18 #

She’s definitely not doing this dress justice. I would have liked to see this on someone like Eva Green, and with the second straps worn off shoulder.

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 30, 2012 at 15:48 #

Don’t like the dress. It looks too much like futuristic negligee. I like the clutch; not sure if it really goes. Regardless of my dislike of the dress, Jessica fails to pull it off.

18. dee May 30, 2012 at 15:51 #

This isn’t that bad to me. I don’t think she needed the necklace.

19. Hisadora May 30, 2012 at 19:04 #

She’s another one whose beauty is so amazing.. she looks really beautiful

20. anu May 30, 2012 at 19:17 #

Who really can pull off a Mcqueen..

21. the(un?)social butterfly May 30, 2012 at 20:44 #

To me, she looks like she´s pregnant again — that´s only a good thing if she actually is pregnant, which I think she´s not.

• Parvati May 31, 2012 at 21:38 #

I agree, I also thought she kinda looks like she’s pregnant!

22. Dhppy May 31, 2012 at 00:47 #

I don’t even like the dress on the model. There’s a limit to how much patience I have with ruffles, and this has exceeded it.

23. Parvati May 31, 2012 at 21:39 #

Despite the pregnant feeling I get from this dress on her, I really like this look on Jessica. The dress itself is pretty and she accessorized it well.

24. Francois B June 2, 2012 at 15:51 #

She’s too cute to wear such a dramatic dress