Charlize Theron In Lanvin – The Today Show

Charlize Theron was in New York City yesterday promoting her new movies ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ and ‘Prometheus’ on ‘The Today Show’.

The actress wore yet another LBD, this time from the Lanvin Fall 2012 collection.

The Golden Globe Awards and the BAFTA Tea Party seem like a lifetime ago.

Her silk/neoprene sheath dress was styled with Christian Louboutin ‘Decoupata’ ankle boots.

You can buy Charlize’s Christian Louboutin ankle boots from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Kate Bosworth In Stella McCartney - 2014 Met Gala

Kate Bosworth In Stella McCartney – 2014 Met Gala

Vanessa Hudgens In Temperley London - Monte Carlo Grand Prix

Vanessa Hudgens In Temperley London – Monte Carlo Grand Prix

29 Responses to Charlize Theron In Lanvin – The Today Show

1. nina May 30, 2012 at 13:30 #

the runaway color would have been amazing on her…

• Christine May 30, 2012 at 14:09 #

I agree why pick Black over the vibrant blue?

• bm May 30, 2012 at 14:53 #

• Alina May 30, 2012 at 15:37 #

• SilentVisitor May 31, 2012 at 05:31 #

• dee May 30, 2012 at 16:20 #

I completely agree. Blondes look great in blue.

• Jones19 May 30, 2012 at 23:25 #

Exactly! The blue is sooo pretty, why not pick that?

2. CTgirl May 30, 2012 at 13:32 #

The dress in the runway blue would have been great. This LBD? Yawn.

3. Marvel May 30, 2012 at 13:33 #

I dont know why she is dressing so boringly. Normally when actresses wear mundane clothes, its an effort to be seen as more ‘serious’ as an actress (e.g. Eva Mendes, Blake Lively) but Charlize has a respectable reputation. I can only imagine she’s bored of the red carpet thing

4. effieee May 30, 2012 at 13:44 #

I guess as a morning show look, it’s quite chic and she does look amazing. However I do agree, she needs to ditch the LBDs and start wearing more interesting clothes.

• Yeliz May 30, 2012 at 14:12 #

I totally agree.

5. manja May 30, 2012 at 13:56 #

“Enough is enough, I’m bored. I would rather accept a Kate Middleton repeat than another black dress from Charlize.
    Geez, what happened to her mojo? Yes, she looks chic, blah, blah, but it’s Groundhog Day whenever I see her. “-dear FC you took the words out of my mouth,and I feel like that for quite some time about her

6. CreoleLady May 30, 2012 at 13:58 #

LOL, blah, blah, blah, Groundhog’s Day. Her shoe game is still on point though.

7. Riley May 30, 2012 at 14:57 #

I share your pain. Charlize is officially suffering from the Black Plague.

8. Hannah May 30, 2012 at 15:57 #

Its exactly like Cameron Diaz, beautiful, amazonian body, amazing colouring, used to be on to watch on th red carpet, now wears black, usually fitted, usually mini, dresses. At least Jennifer Aniston sometimes brachs out to nude dresses.

• effieee May 30, 2012 at 16:40 #

But it’s nothing new though for Charlize. She’s always worn black. At least 85% of her red carpet looks are heavily black or LBDs. I don’t get why everyone seems so surprised.

9. Tahj May 30, 2012 at 16:00 #

Um this is just an interview for the Today show. Not a red carpet event. She has worn bright red and bright blue to recent events actually. She looks appropriately simple and this is a great minimalist look for a woman so beautiful she can go simple. You’re quick to dismiss anything black. She looks effortlessly chic in her LBD. Would you insult the fashion of Audrey Hepburn who showed an LBD is the epitome of chic?

Charlize looks like a model here. This is a great minimalist look. Classy black minimalist dress with edgy shoe. Remember this is not even a red carpet. It’s a sit down interview. She’s a new mom and dark looks also keep with the theme of her movie.

• Fashion Critic May 30, 2012 at 16:05 #

I don’t frankly care where it is. It’s ANOTHER black dress and I am bored beyond belief.

I don’t have to like it. I have been patience with her for a very long time and I didn’t show the same courtesy to Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie.

I don’t like clothes because of the people wearing them. My view goes beyond that.

You don’t have to agree and you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

• Tahj May 30, 2012 at 19:35 #

Fair enough. I just don’t see why it’s even worth getting frustrated over what you wear to a sit down interview. But then actresses these days get critiqued on what they wear to pump gas. lol. I also think black gets unfairly bashed. You can’t go wrong with it. If she were wearing green every single time, would she get bashed?

I just really appreciate the minimalist look. It forces you to focus on the details, the cut, the fit, accesories. She scores an A+ on all that. I still say this is great. To be that chic just for a morning show is impressive. We’ll agree to disagree. Especially since you judge by what has been worn before. I like to look at each look individually. I respect your opinion though.

• Shann May 30, 2012 at 22:50 #

Frankly, Tahj is right. Your reply simply showed again how quick you dismiss black dresses. As readers of your blog, we appreciate the writing on the details you do or don’t like. And really, “I have been patient with her for a very long time and I didn’t show the same courtesy…”? What an incredibly snobby comment.

• Fashion Critic May 30, 2012 at 23:05 #

If you say so. At this point I have moved on and I’m not going to defend my comment as I have nothing to defend.

I don’t like it. It my opinion and I’m entitled to it.

You can call me what you wish. I dont care enough to get involved in personal attacks. It’s childish and beneath me.

10. Marybeth May 30, 2012 at 16:38 #

If you are going to constantly repeat a look, you’d better make sure of two things. First, it had better be a great look. (Okay on that score, Charlize.) Second, it had better be PERFECT every single time you drag it out. (FAIL in this case. The hair is not good. The visible roots are especially nasty.)

This is disappointing on many levels.

11. Anj May 30, 2012 at 17:01 #

I get why it might be boring, but perhaps it’s the New Yorker in me that just doesn’t have a problem with wearing black consistently. What matters more, and what makes things interesting to me, are the cut, style, and textures used in the fashion piece.

Also, I can never fault her on her shoe choices. They are awesome.

• Tahj May 30, 2012 at 19:40 #

Exactly what I’m saying and come on she’s at a morning show in New York City. Just judging the look on its own, she did everything right in the name of minimalist fashion. The cut and tailoring is impeccable. The statement shoe is another perfect choice.

12. EmmaWoodhouse May 30, 2012 at 17:07 #

If she HAD to wear this extremely simple dress, she should’ve gone for the blue. Even if she’s worn that color recently, another boring black look is unforgivable. I’m so tired of it! She needs to broaden her style more. At this point Kristen Stewart is more intresting to me.

13. Nat39 May 30, 2012 at 17:58 #

Enough is enough, ditto. Never liked black on Charlize to begin with. Give me something softer, lighter and romantic.

14. Jeremy May 30, 2012 at 22:07 #

I guess she doesn’t want to outshine Kristen Stewart but also she still wants to appear “mysterious” for this promotion. I have faith that she’ll redeem herself soon.

15. Natalie19 May 30, 2012 at 23:50 #

maybe smth to do with motherhood??

16. Jess2 May 31, 2012 at 04:23 #

LBD repeats don’t bother me so much but considering she could have possibly gone with the gorgeous blue version, it is a bit disappointing that she did go for black. Really not a fan of the shoes based on my personal taste but am thrilled that she didn’t go for a boring pump.