30.05.12

2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Here are the rest of the looks from the 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards.

Jessica Brown-Findlay: The actress opted for a very pretty neutral look wearing a Valentino floral dress with nude pumps. One of the very few good looks on this red carpet.

Katherine Jenkins: The singer wore a colourful Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012 strapless dress teamed with nude pumps and blue nail polish.

Alesha Dixon: The talent judge wore a Julien Macdonald Spring 2011 dress. It’s a perfect summery red-carpet look, but we saw this dress on the red carpet almost a year ago when Mollie King wore it to the ‘Harry Potter’ premiere.

Alexandra Burke: The singer wore a Delia Covezzi purple-print dress with Kiki McDonough earrings, a bold red lip colour and gold nails.

Cat Deeley: The presenter looked delightful wearing a black-and-white long-sleeve mini dress with black accessories.

Sofia Vergara: No surprises. This Zac Posen strapless dress is her tried, tired and trusted red-carpet formula.

Amanda Holden: The talent judge opted for a sweet white Azagury lace dress which she teamed with an Aspinal Clutch, Nicholas Kirkwood heels and H Stern jewelry. I would’ve loved this dress on Lily Collins. It’s too cutesy for Amanda.

Jessie J: The singer wore a Julien Macdonald Spring 2012 dress. Her beaded black frock was styled with sleek back hair, pink lips and kohl-rimmed eyes. She of course completed her look with heavy black heels.

Tess Daly: The TV presenter wore a Carlos Miele black-and-white print gown with a yellow clutch and matching peep-toes.

Kylie Minogue: The singer/actress shimmered on the red carpet wearing a Stella McCartney gold lurex gown. She kept her makeup simple and opted for just a large cocktail ring to accessorize her look.

Kelly Brook: The star also wore a white lace Azagury lace dress, but her awful styling lets her down.

Paloma Faith: The singer takes a very rare night off wearing Dolce & Gabbana, to don this vintage-inspired Temperley London gown. The long-sleeve silver-fringed gown was styled with an elegant satin Olga Berg minaudiere encrusted with a flower lock closure.

Credit: Getty

Celebrities Love…Jumpsuits

Celebrities Love…Jumpsuits

Olivia Palermo Loves Her...Gerard Darel ‘Woodstock’ 24 Hour Bag

Olivia Palermo Loves Her…Gerard Darel ‘Woodstock’ 24 Hour Bag

24 Responses to 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

1. Fiona-Brasil May 30, 2012 at 17:59 #

Sofia Vergara is the fairest of them all!

2. Alina May 30, 2012 at 18:03 #

Love Cat’s smile!

3. Malinda Jane May 30, 2012 at 18:08 #

It’s hard for me to believe, but I like Jessie J’s look the best. That dress is gorgeous and she looks super sexy.

That skunk stripe in Paloma’s hair has GOT TO GO! She would’ve been my best dressed if not for that horrendous hair.

4. sarah May 30, 2012 at 18:09 #

I adore Tess Daly’s ensemble. She looks chic..and it doesn’t look like she tried too hard *cough Lea Michele cough*
    Cat Deeley and Kylie Minogue look gorgeous too.

5. Yeliz May 30, 2012 at 18:13 #

It’s the second time this week, that the British red carpet is very unsinspiring.

This red carpet however is a tad better than the BAFTA Television Awards and I have a few favorites:

Jessica Brown Findlay: Lovely look, although I would’ve preferred an updo.

Amanda Holden: Yes, it’s too cutesy but I still like it because compared to the most of the attendees, she looks good.

Tess Daly: I like this look sans the clutch, a smaller clutch would’ve been more suitable.

Alesha Dixon: Although the top of this dress looks like a nightdress, I think it’s a good look for her and the dress looks much better on Alesha than on Mollie King.

6. Nat39 May 30, 2012 at 18:17 #

Cat Deely is most classy and put together. Her pretty hair really brightens up this simple rather conservative look.
    Would’ve loved Tess Daly’s look (the gown, her hair and makeup and the beautiful statement earrings are spot on) if it wasn’t for her yellow accessories, they feel too forced. Complementary delicate silver sandals would’ve been perfect imo.

7. Tania May 30, 2012 at 18:19 #

What a blah red carpet!

• Fashion Critic May 30, 2012 at 18:25 #

agreed.

• Hannah May 30, 2012 at 19:44 #

It’s standard with UK event unfortunately. I don’t know why it is, because even the hollywood celebrities and red carpet regulars dress worse over here.

8. EmmaWoodhouse May 30, 2012 at 18:21 #

Jessica: Almost washes her out but she totally pulls it off. I think it’s her gorgeous dark hair. I love the vintage vibe of this look.
    Katherine: the print of the dress could’ve been cool but the whole look is SO trashy. I’m think it’s the tightness in the bust and the fake tan.
    Alesha: Didn’t like this lingerie dress when Mollie wore it; don’t like it now. Trashy
    Alexandra: love the in print but the style is not appealing–too shapeless.
    Cat: Wish that she’d carried the clutch on the white side for contrast. It’s a modern, minimalistic look–not my fave but still good. Her hair looks great.
    Sofia: tacky and tired. Seriously, she needs to move beyond this look. I don’t mean she has to totally change her style–her SAG awards dress wasn’t much a departure, but it was so much classier and really beautiful.
    Amanda: save it for Elle Fanning.
    Jessie J: too revealing. However, a bit toned-down from usual. Better, I guess.
    Tess: Appreciate her colorful styling but not the dress, which feels like dated mall look.
    Kylie: WOW amazing!! Better than everything she wore at Cannes–love this look. My best dressed of the event with Jessica.
    Kelly: kind of meh-ish. Like the clutch,not the shoes or the nail-polish.
    Paloma: Bride of Fashionstein :P

9. lily May 30, 2012 at 19:21 #

Yes that’s true that white Azagury lace dress will be perfect for lily collins. Cat Deeley’s smile is the winner of this gallery.

10. robbie May 30, 2012 at 19:21 #

oh kylie what is happening! that dress is beyond hideous, the cheap shiny gold materal not to menion the fact there is so much material for someone so little, and the hair uggh.

love the dress paloma is wearing just not on her, normally she looks fabulous but this times not so much. the whole event seems to be a bit of a fashion let down.

11. Tahj May 30, 2012 at 19:43 #

lol is this a worst dressed list? Good lord they all look awful. Such ugly dresses.

12. Riley May 30, 2012 at 19:44 #

I am glad you finally featured Jessica Brown-Fidlay! She is beautiful, talented and stylish.

FC have you seen Downton Abbey? I am hooked.

Katherine Jenkins should’ve worn two-tone strappy colored sandals with her Katrantzou. She had SO MANY colors to choose from her dress.

Alesha wore the Macdonald best; I love Amanda Holden as she is sweet, but I can’t get onboard with her in the dress though her quirky Kirkwoods are mouth-watering; love Alexandra’s interesting, unique splatter print dress

I love Cat Deeley, I do, but her look is meh. She should’ve worn colored shoes to pop against her dress.

Sofia is an eyeroll, like Jessie’s look except for the HORRID shoes, Tess Daly sure loves big clutches but I like her look otherwise.

Kylie Minogue looks DUCKING AMAZING. Jesuso Christo! I am swooning and I usually don’t swoon over her.

Kelly had the right idea about the hair, makeup, dress and clutch but killed it with the shoes.

I love Paloma Faith and her look except the blonde streak and the shoes. Other than that I am lovin’ it.

• Fashion Critic May 30, 2012 at 19:54 #

Haven’t seen it

13. Icee May 30, 2012 at 21:54 #

Thanks for including Katherine Jenkins. Although I think she’s always playing it safe (e.g. the shoes now).

14. Fraser May 30, 2012 at 22:23 #

Kylie for me! Not the best pic but when saw them all lined up in the Metro this morning, she good out by a mile.

Going to defend Katherine: she’s just come off dancing with the stars hence the tan and completely new body shape!

15. Jess May 30, 2012 at 23:32 #

would. kill. for. Paloma’s. dress.

16. Dhppy May 31, 2012 at 00:54 #

I think Tess Daly’s Carlos Miele dress is a beauty. I don’t care for the accessories, though.

17. Jess2 May 31, 2012 at 01:47 #

Kylie is my favourite here, she looks beautiful and elegant. I don’t know who Paloma is but with the hair, nails and shoes I personally feel the dress is wasted in this look. Cat looks great and so does Tess, I love her dress. Sofia’s dress is also lovely but as was said, it is nothing new. Aside from the shoes, I also really like Kelly’s look.

18. Emi May 31, 2012 at 06:15 #

I really like K. Jenkins and C. Deeley’s dresses.

19. pavement frippery May 31, 2012 at 09:28 #

The Delia Covezzi print is so similar in conceit and execution to the one on Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Golden Globes 2012 Monique Lhuillier gown. I hate both – they look like something out of an ad for a hip new PR company.

20. Médée May 31, 2012 at 11:08 #

I think Katherine Jenkins toes just blinked at me. You should never put a bold colored nail-polish with peep-toes.

There’s a few good looks, but it’s difficult to distinguish it on this red carpet. It feels like the ugly or meh outfits are making the good ones look bad by simple proximity.

21. Francois B June 2, 2012 at 15:44 #