29.05.12

Cool Britannia: Celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee In Style

The Diamond Jubilee celebrations, marking 60 years of The Queen’s reign will take place this weekend.

Even though many of you are mostly looking forward to the four-day weekend, I know I am, consider celebrating the Queen’s Jubilee in style.

Become inspired to showcase your patriotic side with these amazing pieces starting with the iconic Alexander McQueen Union Jack skull-clasp clutch.

Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Union Jack ball-tie dressMatches Fashion
Alexander McQueen Crystal detail suede Britannia skull box clutchAlexanderMcQueen.com
Miss Selfridge union jack topMissSelfridge.com
New Look Union Jack earringsNew Look
YSL Tribute sandalsNet-A-Porter.com
Moto Union Jack floral braletTopshop

Credit: Getty

Eva Longoria In Reem Acra - Global Gift Gala

Eva Longoria In Reem Acra – Global Gift Gala

Claire Danes' Lanvin Opanca Crystal Embellished Leather Sandals

Claire Danes’ Lanvin Opanca Crystal Embellished Leather Sandals

7 Responses to Cool Britannia: Celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee In Style

1. EmmaWoodhouse May 29, 2012 at 15:11 #

I’m excited even though I’m American, lol. Love love love the clutch, the earrings,and the amazing sandals. The Vivienne dress is for the bold :D

• Fashion Critic May 29, 2012 at 15:12 #

I would love the Westwood too.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 29, 2012 at 17:00 #

I think it would be amazing in a high-fashion photo shoot! It is a great piece. I certainly couldn’t pull it off but I love the distressed look of the design.

2. Nat May 29, 2012 at 15:36 #

Love the clutch and the sandals.
    I’m not british but I always thought that the Union Jack is the most “fashionable” flag, if this makes any sense. I mean that it works really well in art, design and fashion.

• Marybeth May 29, 2012 at 20:25 #

I hadn’t stopped to think about the Union Jack that way but it’s an excellent point. The design is perfectly symmetrical, which helps. It is complex enough to hold interest, without being the least bit fussy. Great material to work with.

3. CreoleLady May 29, 2012 at 16:52 #

Love the Westwood — how it is evocative without being literal. I wonder how it would look on. The jubilee itself sounds like it will be filled with pageantry. Enjoy, FC, and thank you for your stellar Cannes coverage.

4. Jess2 May 30, 2012 at 14:47 #

Loooove the McQueen clutch!! A bit disappointed that we aren’t really getting in on the celebrations in Australia but I’ll be watching on TV.