Despite Diane Kruger being the Queen of Cannes, Nina Dobrev somehow managed to win best dressed this week.

The actress won for her off-the-shoulder electric-blue Elie Saab gown worn to the amfar Gala.

Diane Kruger in Vivienne Westwood was my favourite last week. It was one of the few looks which actually gave me chills during Cannes.

It was sexy, futuristic and just one in a long line of amazing looks from Diane during the festival.

Cheryl Cole in Stephane Rolland was my runner up.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Moda Operandi Spotlight: Diane Kruger's Prabal Gurung ‘Night In Monaco’ Gala Look

Moda Operandi Spotlight: Diane Kruger’s Prabal Gurung ‘Night In Monaco’ Gala Look

21 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Nina Dobrev In Elie Saab & Diane Kruger In Vivienne Westwood

1. DD May 29, 2012 at 08:32 #

I can see readers liking the blue just because it’s ES. I loved the dress but preferred it on the model or someone with more curves.

I really hated the Westwood. I’m really over this silhouette and I feel that ever since JLawrence wore the gold Prabal, nothing could compare. This was just another Westwood dress in gold lame worn by someone who carries literally EVERY dress off to perfection.

I agree on Stephane but wish it would have been saved for a confirmed “black carpet” so the dress didnt stump her.

2. AmyP May 29, 2012 at 09:32 #

Diane was my best dressed hands down. The dress fits her like a glove, she’s stunning. The blue is nice but agree with the previous post, it was better on the model. Nina didn’t do it justice with her styling and hair.

• Carmen May 29, 2012 at 11:45 #

3. TL May 29, 2012 at 10:21 #

Both ladies are beautiful, but not my favorite of the week. Totally agreed with DD, I like the runway style of the ES gown much more (not too off shoulder),or on someone with more curves. Nina is too skinny now, same is Diane, it would be perfect if they gain a bit weight.

4. Evangeline May 29, 2012 at 11:33 #

Runner up? I read somewhere in the comments that you preferred Cheryl’s dress to Diane’s …..

5. Zineb May 29, 2012 at 11:42 #

I didn’t vote for neither Nina nor Diane but I guess that with such a poll it’s hard to pick a winner. I was VERY surprised to see Nina winning against 4 Diane looks which I think was a premiere. She looked gorgeous though. I just have a question, how can Cheryl Cole be your runner up whilst she is not in the poll?

• Fashion Critic May 29, 2012 at 11:51 #

She doesn’t have to be in the poll to be my runner up.

Just because the readers didn’t like her look enough to make it into the poll, it doesn’t mean I should like it any less

• Zineb May 29, 2012 at 12:07 #

Oh… I didn’t know that. I always thought you had to choose your favorite from the poll ;)

6. EmmaWooodhouse May 29, 2012 at 14:26 #

I think the reason Nina won was that Diane split her votes :D One of Diane’s looks definitely should’ve won imo. My favorites were Alexandra Maria Lara and your choice, FC. Diane in that Vivienne Westwood was a BDOTY moment!

7. Jones19 May 29, 2012 at 15:13 #

Diane in that Westwood gown is a worthy winner in my eyes. Nina looks amazing also. Thanks again for the fantastic coverage FC.

8. M May 29, 2012 at 15:14 #

You should have Best Dressed Diane (from Cannes) poll and see how that turns out.

9. MiaT May 29, 2012 at 15:25 #

” Nina Dobrev somehow managed to win best dressed this week” .. samehow? Nice word you choose , I see. She was the best dress for me and for biggest part of teh readers.

• Fashion Critic May 29, 2012 at 15:41 #

considering everyone was going crazy over Diane Kruger this week, I think is is pretty amazing she won this week.

10. Stefani May 29, 2012 at 16:54 #

It’s the Elie Saab effect.

11. sofia May 29, 2012 at 19:50 #

Nina looks great. Who are we kidding here? It’s a great color and a really awesome shape. She is beautiful. Its true though-Diane owned it the entire 12 days. But, Nina really looks sexy and awesome. Like you said FC – she is a fashion newcomer and earning her stripes. I also agree with Stefani- the E S E.

12. Rach May 29, 2012 at 20:16 #

Diane’s Westwood made me want to burst into applause. It has been a great season for her so far.

13. Miguel May 30, 2012 at 02:21 #

I really was hoping for Diane to be this week’s BD but with the Chistian dior Couture gown… It was so amaziing, and she maanged it so well as always!! :)
    I also liked the Vivienne Westwood though

14. Sue Jin May 30, 2012 at 03:42 #

I wasn’t amazed by Nina in this dress.
    I’m glad Diane won one way or another though.. because she just looked stellar!!!

15. Teleholic May 30, 2012 at 04:16 #

What you said about Diane– so true, I got CHILLS and kept looking at it afterward because I couldn’t let go of how stunning the entire look was, head to toe, silhouette, coloring, shine, just a perfect 10.

2 reasons I believe Nina won– Diane had so many amazing looks that our votes were split up in a bajillion directions. AND, you mentioned before that Nina’s fansites were linking to the polls, right? As much as I’d like to think Nina’s got enough under her belt to have solidified her status next to Diane or Cate, I’m a little suspicious of her winning after fansites get involved, especially as a relative unknown in the fashion world next to Diane. Not her fault at all, she can’t control what her fans do. I do wish fansites didn’t get involved so as to get a true representation of the proportion of us who believe she really WAS the best dressed. She’s a solid competitor ever since her shining Donna Karan moment at the Emmys but now we’ll never know if she’s winning fairly or because of outside influences. I loved the look, but all of Diane’s blew it out of the water.

16. Ingrid May 30, 2012 at 20:59 #

Diane all the way for me! Nina looks great but Diane looks breathtaking!

17. h-vogue June 4, 2012 at 05:13 #

nina is so beautiful.i like her .i am her fans