Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Cannes Film Festival 2012 Readers' & Critics' Favourites Day by Day

Cannes Film Festival 2012 Readers’ & Critics’ Favourites Day by Day

31 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Christine May 28, 2012 at 13:37 #

So many great dresses, but I have to pick Nicole Kidman in Lanvin. That was a grand red carpet moment for her and she never looked better! It’s great to see her back in great RC form.

2. Beta May 28, 2012 at 13:46 #

thanks FC for the super-enjoyable Cannes coverage!!

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 13:59 #

my pleasure

3. Manel May 28, 2012 at 13:46 #

I don’t see diane in Vivienne Westwood. That was my best dressed this week.

4. lila May 28, 2012 at 13:54 #

OMG, Diane is already winning. Can’t believe how people can be so biased. Diane has a great style and often looks fantastic but that’s not a rule. I for instance don’t like any of her looks in the poll.

5. Amy May 28, 2012 at 13:59 #

I might be crazy, but I think I am going to vote for Solange! I have gown fatigue and I think she just looks so interesting and beautiful. I love the fabric’s print, too, and her hair/makeup looks amazing.

6. Alina May 28, 2012 at 14:01 #

1. Diane Kruger in Christian Dior Couture
    2. Alexandra Maria Lara in Elie Saab Couture
    3. Diane Kruger in Prabal Gurung

Can’t wait to see your final post about Cannes 2012 !

7. Ioana May 28, 2012 at 14:03 #

I choose Alexandra Maria Lara in Elie Saab. It was kinda easy for me.. it had to be one of the Saab dresses :)

2nd place would have been Diane in Prabal Gurung. the styling was FLAWLESS!

8. EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2012 at 14:06 #

A LOT of great looks here…had trouble deciding between Diane in Dior and Diane in Nina Ricci, as she was amazing in both instances. Nina Ricci would’ve won because that look was SO Diane and I preferred her hair there. However, I decided to give my photo to the gorgeous Alexandra Maria Lara who brought some Elie Saab magic :)

• EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2012 at 14:35 #

Just wanted to add, Thank you FC for the amazing coverage! It was almost like being there lol :) My birthday is in a couple days and 12 days of fabulous fashion was the perfect present. I’ve so enjoyed this and am now TOTALLY addicted to this blog–even more than I was before!!!
      Can’t wait for the next red carpet events!
      <3 <3 <3

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 15:00 #

Happy birthday in advance. Thanks for all your comments.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2012 at 15:30 #

Thanks :) :) I love commenting!

• EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2012 at 15:29 #

AND Diane in Vivienne Westwood :) ADORE!

9. Yeliz May 28, 2012 at 14:10 #

My best dressed is Alexandra Maria Lara. My runner up is Diane Kruger in Nina Ricci and she is followed by Nicole Kidman in Lanvin.

FC thank you for being such an active blogger throughout Cannes. I really enjoyed it, especially because it was my exam time. Visiting RCFA was an amazing way to take a break. My admiration for this blog even got bigger and I can’t wait for the Venice Film Festival.

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 14:24 #

thanks Yeliz. I hope I didn’t distract you too much x

• Yeliz May 28, 2012 at 14:33 #

No, certainly not. If I would’ve only concentrated on the exam stuff, I would’ve gone crazy. Your blog really helped me to stay calm and got me -I hope- somehow successfully through this time.

Thanks again x

10. Zineb May 28, 2012 at 14:17 #

FC Great Cannes coverage! I really enjoyed it. I would watch the stars walking on the red carpet live on tv then I would turn to your blog to see the looks closely. It was so much fun. This year’s Cannes didn’t disappoint. Such a celebration of fashion as much as it is a celebration of Cinema.

11. Pablo May 28, 2012 at 14:17 #

This may very well be the toughest week in a very long while! Cannes has really spoiled us. So sad it’s over. Awesome coverage as always FC! :)

12. Anne g May 28, 2012 at 14:47 #

I choose doutzen in elie saab because I love the coulour and the attitude. she is a beauty even if I prefer her White versace dress. I hesitated between Doutzen, Reese and all the Diane.
    I love diane kruger but I think others deserved a victory.

Thank you very much for doing a wonderful job for 12 days with beautiful pictures and relevant comments and often funny. I’m addicted to your site his last days. My man does not love you much.

I wonder if you’ll do a poll on the best dressed of the Cannes Film Festival.

I will miss the festival.

Thank you again.

13. Shaina May 28, 2012 at 15:40 #

Nina Dobrev in Elie Saab, she is undeniably beautiful in this gown and her confidence shows through too. She is head to toe perfection and the color is divine on her skin.

14. Fiona May 28, 2012 at 15:49 #

FC thanks so much for keeping up posted! It was such a nice break from my studying for finals! I was just wondering why Cheryl Cole in Stephane Rolland was not in the BDOTW list? You said that you can’t beat Stephane Rolland with sequins, yet Diane Kruger’s sequined dress is in the list …. just wondering ….

15. yana May 28, 2012 at 17:29 #

Well, Diane has already won, hasn’t she? I mean, 4 looks in the pool!
    It’s like a record, right?

16. kathryn May 28, 2012 at 17:32 #

One thing is very clear Diane Krueger had an AMAZING run!! The Vivienne Westwood was my fav but Prabal Gurung was a close second.

FC–Has one person been featured so many times in a BDOTW poll before?

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 17:33 #

never…lol

17. Nat39 May 28, 2012 at 17:57 #

Easy – Diane in gold V. Westwood, can’t get enough of that gorgeous silhouette, flawless presentation.
    Reese – 2nd.

18. Jones19 May 28, 2012 at 20:39 #

Diane Kruger in Nina Ricci for me. Love that so many of her looks made it into the poll. I gotta give props to Reese Witherspoon, Nina Dobrev and Nicole Kidman in Ralph Lauren too.

19. Marybeth May 28, 2012 at 21:21 #

My four finalists are: Diane in VWestwood, Nicole in RLauren, Nina in ESaab, Alexandra in ESaab.

Okay, with great difficulty I have it down to Diane and Alexandra…. and I think….maybe….okay, I WILL… vote for Alexandra.

FC is really cruel to make us have to pick just one! :D

20. Fari May 28, 2012 at 21:51 #

I’m missing Camilla in this poll :( she was flawless

21. Tina May 29, 2012 at 01:14 #

What a spectacular week!! This is really difficult to decide. I love Alexandra’s Elie Saab, Diane’s Nina Ricci, and Reese’s Versace. I think I’m going to go with Diane’s Nina Ricci at the end, though.

FC, is it possible to have, say, 3-4 looks for BDOTW this time? Cannes produces so many stunning looks that I would hate to have some of them “drop out” of the race for BDOTY.