Vanessa Hudgens attended the Amber Fashion Show and Charity Auction at Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel in Monaco this weekend.

The actress wore a Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti Spring 2012 gown.

Her fully embroidered white tulle gown is beautiful, but a tad shapeless for my personal tastes. The heavy lining might be to fault.

Nude Giuseppe Zanotti platforms and a selection of silver jewels to complement her shimmering dress accessorized her look, with tumbling waves providing the finishing touches.

Needless to say I preferred the look on the runway.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cannes Film Festival 2012 Readers' & Critics' Favourites Day by Day

Cannes Film Festival 2012 Readers’ & Critics’ Favourites Day by Day

Bar Refaeli In L’Agence - Maxim Hot 100 Party

Bar Refaeli In L’Agence – Maxim Hot 100 Party

14 Responses to Vanessa Hudgens In Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti – Amber Fashion Show and Charity Auction

1. robbie May 28, 2012 at 16:36 #

i am truly shocked that this is vanessa hudgens! the dress is beautiful i wish it was lined in nude or something to match her skintone so the beaded details show up better.

still shocked this is the same vanessa hudgens who looked like a blind homeless woman at that coachella festival.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2012 at 19:55 #

A nude lining would be much better, I agree. i do wish the gown was more fitted…regardless this is rather deja vu look from her but it is SO much better than Coachella! I like her hair here.

2. Riley May 28, 2012 at 16:36 #

Whilst she looks beautiful and both dresses are beautiful, I agree, the runway version is more beautiful. The heavy lining hides the detail.

But she does look beautiful.

• Christine May 28, 2012 at 23:32 #

I agree.

3. Chloe May 28, 2012 at 16:47 #

What a miracle !!! she looks really good , sick of tired of that hippy/homeless style…
    AMAZING !!

4. Kin May 28, 2012 at 16:55 #

those chunky shoes look horrid with the dress

5. Leti May 28, 2012 at 17:13 #

All that said, can we agree that the hair and makeup are flawless? I agree the dress is a bit shapeless, but she looks lovely.

• Jen May 29, 2012 at 04:02 #

I agree (re: hair and makeup)! I think it might be a personal best for her.

6. Yeliz May 28, 2012 at 17:16 #

I have to say that this is good look for Vanessa considering that she tries too hard most of the time.

7. Hannah May 28, 2012 at 17:19 #

Had this been lined with a nude underlay, so that the intricate embellishment, teh real standout of the dress, was visible, and had she been working it like Diane Kruger worked her gown at the 2010 Critics’ Choice Awards, it would have been a lot more exciting.
    I think that her hair and makeup are absolutely gorgeous though, especially with the dress, and I much prefer this to her “boho” coachella, anything goes style.

8. Nat39 May 28, 2012 at 17:20 #

The gown isn’t doing her figure any favours, one needs a longer leaner torso to pull it off well. Beautiful hair, silver sandals would’ve been a more obvious choice.

9. Beta May 28, 2012 at 22:00 #

its a pity that the details are lost with the lining :| id love to see it either the runway version of with a different colour lining (? I dont know if this would work though)
    Anyway, Vanessa looks great :)

10. T from Sydney May 29, 2012 at 00:55 #

the white lining kills the dress. it looks amazing on the runway but i dont know how you can get away with it with out flashing people your lady bits. lol

nude would of been much better

11. Jess2 May 30, 2012 at 11:20 #

It is a shame that the details of the dress are lost. She looks nice though.