Melissa George In Armani Privé – BAFTA Television Awards 2012

Melissa George was recently at Cannes Film Festival where she hit the red carpet looking dowdy in Calvin Klein.

I guess she was saving this Armani Prive Fall 2011 to dazzle the crowds at the Arqiva BAFTA Television Awards 2012 which took place at the Royal Festival Hall in London yesterday evening.

Surely the Couture gown would’ve been best served at Cannes, but I digress.

The strapless look features a lot of velvet, making this look a tad heavy for a rare hot evening in the capital.

I love the floral embroidery and the pleated details, but this is a case of right dress, wrong occasion, wrong season.

Sorry to say it, but this feels like a waste of an Armani Privé gown. It deserved more.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Giambattista Valli Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Diane Kruger In Jenny Packham - Palme d'Or Winners Dinner

Diane Kruger In Jenny Packham – Palme d’Or Winners Dinner

16 Responses to Melissa George In Armani Privé – BAFTA Television Awards 2012

1. fer May 28, 2012 at 10:04 #

OMG, i jut love the whole look FC, did i understand correctly you like the look, but not the place or the time it’s shown?, because i really really love the whole look, the dress is AMAZING.

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 12:16 #

Yes I said I liked the dress

2. lucas May 28, 2012 at 10:09 #

I don’t care the season, she looks AMAZING!

3. Yeliz May 28, 2012 at 10:48 #

I love this gown and I think it looks amazing on her but it’s definitely the wrong occasion to wear it. It would’ve been a great choice for Cannes.

4. Beta May 28, 2012 at 10:53 #

Melissa is looking drop dead gorgeous in that gown. I love the japanese inspiration. love her hair and make up too :)

5. Serena May 28, 2012 at 11:18 #

Such a beautiful look!

6. Fashionwand May 28, 2012 at 11:19 #

This Armani Privé collection was one of the best of all the Fall couture collections and I felt the stylists overlooked these amazing pieces. So it’s exciting to see someone wearing a dress from the collection. However she didn’t do this gown any justice, looks like a very simple piece, with the hair and everything. I agree, this dress deserves a real red carpet treatment.

• Christine May 28, 2012 at 13:09 #

7. Alina May 28, 2012 at 11:53 #

This is simply gorgeous!

8. CreoleLady May 28, 2012 at 12:38 #

What a beautiful dress! The floral accent threw me; I’m so accustomed to minimalist Armani that multi-texture, colorful accent Armani simply doesn’t compute. I even like the peplum. Looking forward to seeing more of the collection — in the season for which it was intended.

9. msd May 28, 2012 at 13:52 #

I love this look and I’m not usually a big fan of her style. For me, the semi-sheerness of the skirt and the simple styling lightens the look and stops it from appearing heavy. I don’t think she was too overdressed either, it’s just that she was surrounded by quite a lot of bad, cheap-looking outfits.

10. Riley May 28, 2012 at 17:19 #

This look is perfection. I wish we could copy and paste this look to a world premiere, Gala dinner or Cannes.

I don’t think this is a waste because she styled it perfect and looks perfect, but it’s just the wrong occasion.

11. snowlion May 28, 2012 at 21:52 #

After waiting for coverage of this event to finish up, she is far and away the best dressed at this event than any other lady showcased on rcfa.

12. Katharine May 29, 2012 at 04:23 #

That carpet really detracts from appreciating the beauty of the dress, but surprisingly Melissa George is the best dressed at the event … bring back the red carpet.

13. EmmaWoodhouse May 30, 2012 at 15:22 #

Wish she’d worn it at Cannes, but still, a STUNNING dress. She wears it so well. The pleated skirt is divine.

14. Francois B June 2, 2012 at 16:28 #

Who cares about how weather appropriate dresses are? She looks great, the end.