28.05.12

BAFTA Television Awards 2012

We’ve seen Amy Childs and Melissa George; here are the rest of the attendees at the Arqiva BAFTA Television Awards 2012, which took place at the Royal Festival Hall in London yesterday evening.

Davina McCall: It’s always good to see the ‘Million Pound Drop’ TV presenter not wearing black. On this occasion she wore a Michael Kors belted zebra-print dress from the Spring 2012 collection. I love the pop of hot pink via her Jimmy Choo heels. If this is looking familiar, that’s because Debra Messing wore the same dress recently.

Emilia Fox: The actress looked breathtaking wearing a stunning frock she picked up from William Vintage. The nude piece with a textured top and satin belted full skirt is the stuff movie stars are made of. Just a shame the skirt is so creased. The sweeping updo and statement earrings add to the drama of this exquisite look.

Louise Redknapp: Never have a seen a Gucci dress look so drab. What happened to Louise? She used to be so stylish. This Spring 2012 strapless drop waist dress does nothing for her. She styled the look with a black satin clutch and Gucci ‘Delphine’ sandals from the same collection completed the look.

Jenni Falconer: The TV presenter, who hasn’t changed her hairstyle in ten years, shimmered in the sunlight wearing a Project D gown. The golden gown with a nude insert on the sides was strangely styled with a white clutch.

Holly Willoughby: The TV presenter was pretty in pink wearing a Jenny Packham gown. Her plunging pink frock was lightly decorated with silver sequins which she complemented with a silver clutch and matching jewels.

Fearne Cotton: I’m more used to seeing the radio DJ in Topshop or River Island as she makes her way to work, so it’s nice to see her all glammed up. She wore a vintage gold shimmering frock with a caped back. I like the dress, the Kirkwood heels and the retro vibe she gave the look with her side-swept bouffant, but that red pout is too red for this look.

Kelly Brook: The celebrity wore a Jacques Azagury tutu dress. I surprise myself by not totally hating the look. The sandals are divine and I love the addition of the blue clutch.

Katherine Kelly: The former ‘Coronation Street’ actress wore a black Marina Qureshi dress with a sheer black overlay. She wasn’t my favourite by a long mile.

Suranne Jones: The actress wore a colourful Maria Grachvogel gown. The loose-fitted draped gown was styled with a gold clutch and a matching cuff. I wish she’d done more with her hair.

Tamzin Outhwaite: The former ‘Eastenders’ actress showed off her baby bump in a white Temperley London Grecian gown.

Kate Thornton: The TV presenter opted for a simple fitted nude sequined Rachel Gilbert gown. Her blonde hair was styled into a wavy updo.

Michelle Keegan: The ‘Coronation Street’ actress is such a pretty girl, but I always find her red-carpet looks really cheesy. This Ashley Isham silver lame gown would look great on the right person, like Kelly Rowland, for example. But it doesn’t work for me on Michelle.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Diane Kruger In Jenny Packham - Palme d'Or Winners Dinner

Diane Kruger In Jenny Packham – Palme d’Or Winners Dinner

January Jones' Jason Wu Printed Silk Crepe De Chine And Jersey Dress

January Jones’ Jason Wu Printed Silk Crepe De Chine And Jersey Dress

13 Responses to BAFTA Television Awards 2012

1. Beta May 28, 2012 at 11:05 #

that union jack carpet is cool!
    my faves here are Kate Thornton and Jenni Falconer (minus clutch).

2. lyss May 28, 2012 at 11:07 #

Hi FC :) Kate Thornton’s gown is rachel gilbert :)

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 14:00 #

oops thanks

3. bm May 28, 2012 at 11:10 #

Speechless, idk where to start (in a very bad way).

4. Fiona May 28, 2012 at 11:16 #

My favourite is definitely Emilia Fox, she looks beautiful in this. I love that she has gone back to blonde too.

5. Yeliz May 28, 2012 at 11:16 #

I have to say, I don’t have any favorite looks here. Actually I don’t love any of these looks.

6. Eimear May 28, 2012 at 11:34 #

Yeah way to much lamé on Michelle, seems real tacky.. also the jewelled shoulder seems unnessacary.. would have been nicer asymetric

7. Alina May 28, 2012 at 11:54 #

Wow… this list is quite bad.

8. Christine May 28, 2012 at 13:06 #

This red carpet is boring.

9. EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2012 at 14:26 #

Davina looked okay but I feel strong deja vu because of remembering the dress on Debra Messing. I appreciate the effort to add a pop of color, but the pink pumps don’t quite work.
    Emilia Fox: AMAZING! Love the vintage vibe and totally agree that this is what movie stars are made of. My favorite by a long shot. Shame about the creases, but with a vintage piece they might be inevitable.
    Louise: Gucci is many things but I’ve never known them to be blah!
    Jenni: run-of-the-mill gown and uninspired styling.
    Holly: one of the best. A bit barbie-like, but it’s pretty and well-presented.
    Fearne: too costumey. Like the dress, but not the hair. Maybe the dress on someone else?
    Kelly: too cutesy, but not as bad as I would’ve thought. Like the clutch.
    Katherine: hate the sheer skirt trend.
    Suranne: unflattering caftan.
    Tamzin: too low-cut.
    Kate: too-tight, doesn’t flatter. Blah color.
    Michelle: surprisingly, I really like this look. I know the lame might seem cheesy to some, but it looks very elegant to me!

10. Nat39 May 28, 2012 at 18:40 #

Tamzin in white Grecian gown with the complementary gold bracelet – so beautiful, all she needed was a better support for her bust.

11. lily May 29, 2012 at 03:23 #

Kelly Brook’s my favorite!

12. Francois B June 2, 2012 at 16:27 #

Are you kidding? Michelle looks amazing! She pulls it off imo, she’s got a perfect body shape and the styling is flawless