28.05.12

Amy Childs In Victoria Beckham – BAFTA Television Awards 2012

I have never written about any of the members of ‘The Only Way Is Essex’ because, firstly, I have never watched the show and secondly they have never given me a reason to write about any of them.

That surprisingly changed last night when Amy Childs attended the Arqiva BAFTA Television Awards 2012 in London wearing a Victoria Beckham Spring 2012 gown.

The reality TV star squeezed herself into this sleeveless turquoise gown with front patch pockets and a silver exposed zipper at the back.

I say squeezed because the dress appears to be too tight.

Even if she had gone up one size she still would’ve benefited from the contouring fit she desired without the pull around the hips.

Her flame-red hair was swept up into a top knot with silver jewels and a glossy pink lip colour completing her look.

Yay or nay for Amy in VB?

Amy’s Victoria Beckham dress is available from Net-A-Porter.com and farfetch.com.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 & 12 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 & 12 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Jessica Stam's Valentino Mini VaVaVoom Leather Shoulder Bag

Jessica Stam’s Valentino Mini VaVaVoom Leather Shoulder Bag

20 Responses to Amy Childs In Victoria Beckham – BAFTA Television Awards 2012

1. alex May 28, 2012 at 09:05 #

no no no and no again!

2. YYC May 28, 2012 at 09:07 #

Nay. Dress is too tight and a little too short. The picture on net-a-porter sees the dress rest a little on the ground. It would have looked more glamorous if her dress did.

• Médée May 28, 2012 at 09:23 #

I agree. The first thing I saw was the length of the dress.

3. PenPen May 28, 2012 at 09:15 #

What a waste of a great dress. The color is gorgeous.

I don’t have anything nice to say about the girl and her style so I will keep mum about it.

• Yeliz May 28, 2012 at 11:01 #

I totally agree.

4. Médée May 28, 2012 at 09:26 #

It’s too short and too tight.

It’s a shame because the color really works for her and she didn’t go for the predictable short body hugging dress with lots of cleavage like reality TV stars often do.

5. Elle May 28, 2012 at 09:37 #

Wow – never thought I’d say that about a VB dress but hellooo, tackyville!

6. Mikayla May 28, 2012 at 09:51 #

I am going to say yay. I don’t really know much about her other then seeing a few pictures of her (where her style is definitely questionable). But i quite like this, it’s clean and simple and i think she looks nice.

• Slash May 28, 2012 at 10:58 #

Effort should be rewarded :D I like this, I mean it’s a tad too tight but still. The colour of the dress with the hair. I say yay. :)

7. GirlOne May 28, 2012 at 09:59 #

Wayyy to much makeup! Quite like the hair, though.

8. MEME May 28, 2012 at 10:54 #

Why does this look remind me of that David Elfin show????…. and not in a good way….

9. Fiona May 28, 2012 at 11:13 #

Nay nay nay. Such a shame, but way way too tight. The whole cut of the dress has been lost, shame.

10. Alina May 28, 2012 at 11:59 #

NAY.

11. robbie May 28, 2012 at 13:07 #

god she looks like a relation to katie price.

12. gabis May 28, 2012 at 13:26 #

Big nay. The dress is just painfully tight. The length doesn’t bother me as it did to some of the other commenters. This is not a model meant to have a trail or anything like that so I don’t see what’s wrong with the dress not touching the ground. Not a big fan of the makeup either and gosh I just HATE that hair.

13. Carolina May 28, 2012 at 13:49 #

No to dress fit, AND to the hair. She looks like a 50s Vanna White, and not in a good way… hairsprayed to the nth degree, nothing real to see.

14. EmmaWoodhouse May 28, 2012 at 14:17 #

Gorgeous color, had the dress been streamlined rather than super-formfitting I would really like it. However, Amy looks terrible. Bad hair, makeup, and a way too tight (and therefore tacky) dress.

15. Nat39 May 28, 2012 at 18:18 #

The fact that the dress is a size too small aside, I actually like the look, her flame-red hair in a top knot works beautifully with the dress.

16. HM May 29, 2012 at 11:11 #

“The reality TV star SQUEEZED herself into…” -This made me Lol so hard!

In my personal opinion (reality-tv biases aside), she is moving in the right direction with the VB modern-simplicity look but she still has alot to learn (and I mean ALOT). The colour is beautiful, but so many things are too tight (no, not just the fit but her hair as well). A clean pony-tail, a looser fit, slightly longer length and a complimentary clutch would have made her a star (and I use the word star very loosely). Hopefully she will evolve for the better.

P.S. Sometimes I think I may have too much hope for everybody…hahaha.

17. elle24 May 29, 2012 at 22:09 #

If I were VB I’d be weeping right now…