27.05.12 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 & 12 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Credit: Getty

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Amy Childs In Victoria Beckham - BAFTA Television Awards 2012

Amy Childs In Victoria Beckham – BAFTA Television Awards 2012

41 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 & 12 Of Cannes Film Festival?

1. Tina May 27, 2012 at 22:27 #

Oh this is wayyy too difficult!!! I love Reese’s, Melanie’s, Diane’s and Camila’s looks! Cannes is making these polls so painful.

I’m going to go with Reese’s, because it’s hard to pull off a maternity look and she does it so well and so glamorously. Followed by Camila in that spectacular Marchesa gown.

Lovely coverage, FC!

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2012 at 23:05 #

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it

2. Yeliz May 27, 2012 at 22:29 #

Diane Kruger, and Camila Alves as my runner up.

3. Erik May 27, 2012 at 22:31 #

As soon as I saw Reese, I knew she’d be my best dresses of the day. Audrey and Camila looked amazing too! I didn’t like Diane’s look at all..

• Beta May 28, 2012 at 07:49 #

+1! loved resee, she was glowing! beautiful

did not like diane’s dress at.all. thanks! (with so many d. kruger fans I didnt dare to say this jaja)

4. Nat39 May 27, 2012 at 22:34 #

Camila Alves. Normally not a fan of this kind of ott tulle gowns but teamed with Camila’s gorgeous olive skin and her assertive presence, it’s a winner for me.
    Reese – 2nd for looking so elegant, and impeccable presentaion of the baby bump (Some non-pregnant celebs. can take note about the flawless fit)
    Melanie with those gorgeous sandals – 3rd. Someone taller and more slender would’ve pulled off that gown better imo.

• Nat39 May 27, 2012 at 23:55 #

Loved Diane’s look and how effortlessly she pulled off that daring voluminous skirt and totally intended on voting for it until I saw that ponytail in the images from the side/back. It’s truly mediocre. I could’ve overlooked it if the competition was a bit weaker.

5. Elle May 27, 2012 at 22:38 #

What a good weekend! It was a tough choice, but I went for Camila because her gown literally made me gasp.. Kudos for Reese, though, for looking this elegant with the added pregnancy challenge!

I’m curious to know who was your favourite from the bunch, FC? And thanks for the coverage, despite it being a Sunday :)

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2012 at 23:03 #

Diane and Melanie

• Tracey May 27, 2012 at 23:43 #

Diane has consistently brought her A game this whole festival. Her stylist deserves a bonus.

• Fashion Critic May 27, 2012 at 23:04 #

Oh…thank you. As you know it is very much my pleasure

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 27, 2012 at 22:45 #

Audrey looks so beautiful that I almost felt swayed towards her, but Diane is my couture queen here–just as she was from day one! I have to give her MAJOR props for pulling off such a dramatic, memorable look…she finished as she started, with grace and elegance!!!
    Audrey’s my runner-up, along with Kylie (loved her look but for the flat hair and plunging neckline)
    and Reese’s lovely blue color. The dress didn’t do it for me.

7. dorian Gray May 27, 2012 at 22:52 #

Diane Kruger is without doubt the Queen of Cannes 2012.
    I love all her looks, from the first Versus until this Dior Couture.

8. Riley May 27, 2012 at 22:54 #

I voted for Reese as she needs my vote. Reese looked smokin’ and not typical Boring Reese, as FC pointed out.

I just can’t get behind Audrey’s frumpy disheveled vintage dress.

9. Emmeline May 27, 2012 at 22:55 #

I was torn between Reese and Audrey. But Reese edged it out in the end, if only for the sheer shock factor of looking so fantastic.

10. Shaina May 27, 2012 at 23:12 #

For me it was Camilla, she is just so stunning in this Marchesa gown. I also love, love, love Reese Witherspoon!

I’m starting to think my vote should have went to her…

11. christine May 27, 2012 at 23:16 #

thank you for posting so much gorgeousness on a sunday!!! what a treat!

12. Mia May 27, 2012 at 23:26 #

i can’t believe Hofit Golan has not been mentioned on this blog for the C.F.F. The dresses she has worn in the past week have all been worthy of best dressed.

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 06:23 #

I hope this is a joke.

• Bec May 28, 2012 at 09:27 #

Yea FC….where is Pheobe Price as well?! :-P haha

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 09:56 #

Lol..I am amazed she is there every year

• Bec May 28, 2012 at 09:58 #

I know! I just don’t understand?!

Great work as always FC -I’m sad its over already…and sad that amazing Elie Saab dress didn’t make an appearance!! :-(

• Lee Ann May 28, 2012 at 12:13 #

Lets not leave out the Ecclestones!!

13. zoe May 27, 2012 at 23:36 #

camila alves looks absolutely stunning. just so beautiful and breathtaking.

audrey looks super cute, but not cute enough to beat camilla for me!

diane….great dress, but a gym ponytail? no siree bob.

reese looks so gorgeous! pregnancy agrees with her :)

14. Jones19 May 27, 2012 at 23:36 #

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I voted for Reese. She’s pregnant and she looks this UH-MAZING!

15. Parvati May 27, 2012 at 23:37 #

Reese Witherspoon in Atelier Versace!

16. Ramsay May 28, 2012 at 00:38 #

Thank you FC for your wonderful coverage of the festival – you kept me (and many of us) coming back for more, checking the website many times per day, and as usual your commentary was clever and informative with very quick photo posting – well done!!
    My favorite look of the festival was Nicole in Ralph Lauren (but I loved all her looks no exception), Diane had probably the best jury-member fashion run in the history of the festival (inluding Natalie Portnan who had less variety with many Lanvin looks), Jane Fonda proved you can be old and look amazing

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 06:12 #

I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I’m sad it is over. I had so much fun

• Delphine May 28, 2012 at 08:58 #

See you next year FC ! I’m ready for the 66th Cannes film festival :)

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 09:19 #

lol..yes I’m going to try to be there next year. Its so expensive.

17. Marybeth May 28, 2012 at 01:18 #

Camilla gets my vote. Perfect beauty.

I give props to Reese for a gorgeous pregnancy look and to Diane for keeping things interesting.

18. Linda May 28, 2012 at 01:33 #

I went with Reese Witherspoon. The other contender was Diane, but the more I see her, the more I can’t get past the hair. It’s up in a high pony with a black rubber band like I wear around the house. Her hair looks like she could be going for a jog. The dress is fantastic, I really, really wish she had an elegant updo to do it justice.

19. anita May 28, 2012 at 02:09 #

For me, Audrey is the whole story.

20. Sarah May 28, 2012 at 02:30 #

Reese has an intangible “I’m expecting!” glow that adds the extra to her look that makes me pick her over Diane. She looks absolutely fantastic.

21. Leela May 28, 2012 at 03:43 #

Diane would win even if she wore a potato sack!
    Reese looked AMAZING as did Camila but I went with Reese because you get brownie points for looking that good while pregnant.

22. Emi May 28, 2012 at 06:17 #

Diane, Reese and Melanie are the best dressed. I voted for Diane because her dress is amazing, it looks like a costume.

23. Cheryl May 28, 2012 at 06:19 #

Sad to see Heidi Klum’s amFAR gala look wasn’t featured. Anyways, Diane looked crazy beautiful here. BDOCFF – Day 11/12. :)

• Fashion Critic May 28, 2012 at 06:25 #

featured as many looks as I could. she attended two events that night and arrived late for the second one. I stayed up as long as I could on that night, but at some point you have to call it a night.

24. Lee Ann May 28, 2012 at 12:14 #

I loved this dress . Had to smile when I see that the Daily Mail said she looked like a loo roll dolly.

25. bee7 May 28, 2012 at 12:49 #

Voted for Reese and Diane as my runner up.

Thank you FC for your amazing coverage and I hope you get some well deserved rest!

26. Neli May 28, 2012 at 14:11 #

Love Diane, but Reese! OMG! Shes radiant! Best dreesd! Blue is her color!! Gorgeous!!