Nicole Kidman dazzled on the red carpet this evening for the ‘Hemingway and Gellhorn’ Cannes Film Festival premiere.

The Australian actress looked stunning wearing a 30s-inspired Ralph Lauren Fall 2012 gown.

Her black chiffon beaded dress was styled with cute curly updo with diamond encrusted brooches.

In recently times, I don’t think she’s looked more radiant than she did tonight. I am in awe of how beautiful she looks. This is much more like it for me.

Which look do you prefer the Lanvin or the Ralph Lauren?

I think you know my answer: Ralph Lauren by a very long mile.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Julianna Margulies In Reed Krakoff - 'Cosmopolis' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Julianna Margulies In Reed Krakoff – ‘Cosmopolis’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 10 Of Cannes Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 10 Of Cannes Film Festival?

32 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Ralph Lauren – ‘Hemingway & Gellhorn’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. vcb May 25, 2012 at 22:45 #

I thought the Lanvin from last night was divine and I love this just as much if not more. It’s a perfect dress for a night time premiere; the lights and cameras make it truly sparkle. And the hair complements the 20s vibe of the dress perfectly.

She really brought her A game to Cannes. Best dressed star there this year imo.

2. Zineb May 25, 2012 at 22:47 #

Ralph Lauren all the way! Gosh! Does she ever age? lol
    Amazing

3. ramsay May 25, 2012 at 22:52 #

Unless Diane can top that on Sunday, I think we have our winner for the festival – Superb fashion run by Nicole throughout the festival with a magestic ending – Flawless of course and most importantly with the right dose of sparkle – Lovely – BDOTY owrthy for me

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2012 at 22:56 #

agreed

4. Christine May 25, 2012 at 22:56 #

The Lanvin for me.

• Yeliz May 25, 2012 at 23:06 #

Me too.

5. Thomas May 25, 2012 at 22:58 #

I think Nicole is to tall for this gown it looses something that it has on the runway that Nicole just isn’t giving me. I would have rather her worn Chanel or Elie Saab than this. Her Lanvin wins for me by a long run

• Molly May 26, 2012 at 00:09 #

I agree about the gown loosing something. I think its a combination of the length and the small details like her hair that keep this from being perfect. She still looks beautiful, but I prefer the Lanvin.

6. CreoleLady May 25, 2012 at 23:04 #

What a coup for Ralph Lauren. Totally did not expect his design would be her pick. The dress silhouettes are a tie for me; she looks equally stunning in both. Going with the Lanvin because I prefer the hair and and the beautiful pomegranate color.

7. EmmaWoodhouse May 25, 2012 at 23:11 #

The hair is a bit too wild for me. I love the intricate beading and ’30s vibe of the gown, but the plunging halter is not my style. Aside from that, it’s a very good look for Nicole, but this is far from a BDOTY moment for me.

8. Marybeth May 25, 2012 at 23:15 #

I love the Lanvin but I love this even more.
    WOW. Just WOW.

9. Bec May 25, 2012 at 23:23 #

Hate the pattern running down the thighs….looks like walrus teeth to me haha! Don’t understand the hype over this dress…just a typical slinky sparkly dress. Not even close to BDOTW for me!

10. Jones19 May 25, 2012 at 23:24 #

Wow I haven’t seen her look this good in eons! Gorgeous!

11. Kelsey May 25, 2012 at 23:32 #

PIGS ARE FLYING Nicole FINALLY got a stylist that was worth something!! I can’t believe it. She looks fab and has all this week. Let us hope this continues.

• Alina May 26, 2012 at 07:25 #

12. Sea May 26, 2012 at 00:19 #

The fashion darling Nicole btwn 2000-2006/7 is finally back! Her new hair color is so amazing. LOVE it!

13. Dirk May 26, 2012 at 00:53 #

Nicole always has my vote in a poll no matter what (i’m heavily biased in her favor), but she does look great. Different hairdo, smile, interesting dress. Go Nicole. I hope she sticks with the red hair for a long time.

14. Paulo May 26, 2012 at 01:07 #

Gorgeous! She could potentially get nominations for her tv and film work this year! I can’t wait for us to spoil us with her style next awards season!

15. Carolyn May 26, 2012 at 03:29 #

She looks absolutely stunning in this dress! And I prefer this one to the Lanvin that she wore last night! However, she really stepped her game up at Cannes…not one misstep.

16. Jeremy May 26, 2012 at 04:18 #

Love the idea that she’s channeling her character from the movie “Hemingway and Gellhorn”

17. AmyP May 26, 2012 at 04:48 #

She looks amazing, all her Cannes outfits have been spot on so far. So glad to see Nicole back to her fabulous best and she’s glowing!

18. Ayesha May 26, 2012 at 05:21 #

every thing here is sheer perfection!WOW!

19. mm May 26, 2012 at 06:10 #

I dont like the hair, it is too cutesy for the dress. I feel like it was a hairstyle that went wrong or not creative enough. she had the pins in earlier in the day.
    A slick updo would’ve worked better.

20. bee7 May 26, 2012 at 06:35 #

i just screamed “YES!” when i saw this post. she looks amazing

21. Paul May 26, 2012 at 09:19 #

DIVINE!!Hard to say it, but it is better the Lavin.
    She has just reached the top!
    Does anyone here remember her fab look in 2004, for the Dogville premiere, with that red stunning Cavalli dress?! I thought it was her greatest…but today, I have to say..here it is her greatest look ever!
    For me she wins the best dressed award of Cannes 20qw!

22. Kair May 26, 2012 at 09:21 #

Love both the Lanvin and the Ralph Lauren.

Lanvin gown – for the edgy chain detail on the back. So dramatic and sexy, yet not completely revealing.

Ralph Lauren gown – beaded work in this gown is just amazing.

And may I add, Nicole really chooses strange, non-
    commercial films. Her film choices says a lot about her.

23. Divadebbi May 26, 2012 at 15:15 #

Love the gown. Hate the hair. Delighted she has finally laid off on the lips.

24. Parvati May 26, 2012 at 21:22 #

I think she looks fantastic in both Lanvin and Ralph Lauren, but I think I prefer the Lanvin look. Anyway, it’s great to see her look that amazing – after a long time of wearing rather boring L’Wren Scott dresses, she is finally opting for interesting and different looks, now, which is great!

25. eng-narak May 26, 2012 at 22:10 #

Gorgeous! Most beautiful looks on cannes this year!!!!!

26. Samantha May 27, 2012 at 03:03 #

I love this gown, and I for one also love the hair. It gives it a total 30s vibe that I’m really feeling. Personally, I’d give this an 8/10 and the Lanvin a 10/10. While I LOVE this look, I feel like it’s something we’ve seen from Nicole before, while the Lanvin was really fresh, and the color was just so unique.

27. Tiger Nueng May 27, 2012 at 13:33 #

For the hair,this is cand do just only gorgeous woman like Nicole!

And I really love the dress so totally AMAZING!!!

28. chyc May 28, 2012 at 02:01 #

I prefer the lanvin look because I don’t like this hair.