25.05.12 X Factor

Britney Spears In Brian Lichtenberg – ‘The X Factor’ Season 2 Austin Auditions

Britney Spears attended her first round of auditions as judge for ‘The X Factor’ Season 2 in Austin, Texas, yesterday afternoon.

She sported a neon-pink Brian Lichtenberg dress.

Her bright textured short-sleeve dress with a sheer panel is typical Britney. I hope before the finale she will have shaken herself out of the style rut and be introduced to another style of dress.

Every time it’s the same thing. Figure-hugging, short, sans bra.

We have a long way to go, so could someone please give her some assistance?

As if things couldn’t get worse, she teamed her pink dress with black suede YSL Tribtoo pumps.

Wavy curls, dark eye makeup and a pink lip shade completed the look.

Kate Bosworth In Calvin Klein - 'Infinite Loop' Hosted By Calvin Klein

Kate Bosworth In Calvin Klein – ‘Infinite Loop’ Hosted By Calvin Klein

Michelle Jenner In Andrew Gn - Dom Perignon Party

Michelle Jenner In Andrew Gn – Dom Perignon Party

54 Responses to Britney Spears In Brian Lichtenberg – ‘The X Factor’ Season 2 Austin Auditions

1. yasmine May 25, 2012 at 12:43 #

FC you know exactly what to say! I’d love a change in posture as well

2. Dorian Gray May 25, 2012 at 12:48 #

I think she’s the most uncomfortable celebrity on the red carpet and it’s kinda strage if you think she’s running since years.

• Alina May 25, 2012 at 12:54 #

Ditto.

This look is just tacky.

• bm May 25, 2012 at 12:57 #

Yeah, if Kristen now seems happy in red carpet, why didn’t she?

• Sophie May 25, 2012 at 15:32 #

exactly what I though

3. Emmy May 25, 2012 at 12:49 #

Why Britney, WHY??? She should throw out all of her clothes and just adopt Kate Bosworths and/ or Diane Krugers closet. Or stylist. NOW!

4. bas May 25, 2012 at 12:57 #

The dress is not so bad (nothing new, but better than other times) But those shoes, AND the lack of support for the twins… how could anyone go to a photocall looking like this is beyond me.

5. CTgirl May 25, 2012 at 13:05 #

If Britney has a stylist then that is the worst stylist in the free world. The high neckline of the dress emphasizes her short neck, that ludicrous sheer panel that highlights her stockiness and low bosom, and the horrible shoes and hair. This is a big old train wreck.

• Barbs May 26, 2012 at 13:48 #

If Britney has a stylist then that is the worst stylist in the free world – ROTFL :D

6. Christine May 25, 2012 at 13:10 #

With all the money in the world…

Calling all stylists! I wonder why her team have yet to hire a proper stylist.

7. Betty Brandenburg May 25, 2012 at 13:10 #

It’s touching really.

8. dee May 25, 2012 at 13:26 #

I don’t think I have ever seen an outfit she’s worn that I like. Something is always unflattering. This is not a good look.

9. shap_half May 25, 2012 at 13:47 #

She may not look super stylish, but I don’t think she looks as horrible as everyone is making it seem. I just don’t think being fashionable is really Britney’s thing.

10. Saree May 25, 2012 at 13:53 #

To Britney’s defence, she has never been one that NEEDS and REQUIRES to have the greatest designers at her beckon call. What I like about her, as a person, is her normality for the biggest celebrity in the world.

However I can get where people are coming from in terms of that fact she is filthy rich and wouldn’t hurt having a great stylist for events like these. I think THIS look is a great improvement from other Britney appearances as of recently – I think her hair (for extensions) and make up is great. I still think she should go natural with her hair, I love her with a bob. I think the colour looks great on her and even though they’re black pumps, they’re better than a lot of her other choice of footwear. But as a fan, I wanna see some crazy jaw dropping outfits we don’t expect from her just cause it’s X-Factor and I know she can slay.

But at the end of the day, this is a fashion critic site and she needs to lose the tight hugging, short dresses and give us something new and fresh. So whilst I think she looks beautiful, I agree with FC and by the finale, let’s hope she finds something better.

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2012 at 14:06 #

It’s not about wearing Alexander Wang or Chanel. Money has nothing to do with it.

It’s about wearing something flattering. Seriously I can’t believe people are defending this look. It belongs in a strip club.

• Sarah May 26, 2012 at 14:14 #

One has to know their body type and dress accordingly. A great dress or outfit that’s perfect for your body (no matter the size) will make you feel like a million bucks regardless the price tag.

Along with looking bad, she just looks uncomfortable – her smile looks fake, her shoulders hunched up and her hands are fisted.

Just not a good look for her at all.

11. Selena May 25, 2012 at 13:55 #

I’d do anything to be Britney’s stylist and save her from this mess, cause I honestly root for her, BUT…
    As Dlisted wrote, her rider includes 34 Hervé leger dresses. So i don’t imagine her wearing much other than overly sexy bandage dresses which completely clash with her uncomfortable posture and worn out face. She’s looks absolutely horrified to be there, obviously cause she’s surrounded by idiots, including that stylist of hers.

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2012 at 14:07 #

34 Herve Leger dresses. God lord this is going to be painful.

• Jones19 May 25, 2012 at 16:42 #

34 Hervé Leger dresses?!? Please be joking!

12. Lord May 25, 2012 at 14:00 #

Oh, come on! the only thing i see wrong in here is britney posing!
    She looks good, when she looks good we all have to admit it.
    It’s like we have to bash her for everything.
    She looks good, the dress is beautiful, and she is on point.

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2012 at 14:04 #

“Oh, come on! the only thing i see wrong in here is britney posing” – You’re kidding? Right?

• shap_half May 25, 2012 at 15:20 #

I think that the fashion reality for Britney fans is that anything above looking like she got picked up on the side of the road is considered a success. As someone who supports her, I don’t expect Britney to channel anything but overdone sexy. And when she pulls that off without looking like yesterday’s prized hooker, I give her the thumbs’ up.

• J.™ May 25, 2012 at 15:51 #

So sad, so true.

13. Henrique May 25, 2012 at 14:17 #

It could be worse.

14. Katey May 25, 2012 at 14:21 #

Thank you Fc for this posting. I did like Britney for years and I’m interested in what she’s wearing. But I totally agree with you in that She has no style at all.

And She needs a new stylist hastily!!!!
    Because She’s so boring and seems so Uncomfortable.
    I’m sorry for her.

But at least This is not a hervé leger.

15. Cate May 25, 2012 at 14:41 #

I actually feel uncomfortable looking at this. She looks so miserable :(

16. Lord May 25, 2012 at 14:44 #

No, the thing is, Britney is not the best in fashion. WE ALL KNOW THAT, but that is not a reason to crucify all her looks even when she looks well.

If this dress was worn by Jennifer Lopez or Kate Bosworth they would be awesome, right? You know it’s true.
    Not fair, girl is looking good and doin’ it well.

• Chanel May 25, 2012 at 18:12 #

JLo and Kate wouldn’t touch this bubble gum dress with a 10 foot pole. Please be serious.

• serapart May 25, 2012 at 18:18 #

lmao that made me laugh :D totally agree!!!

17. Jess2 May 25, 2012 at 14:50 #

oh what fresh hell is this? I literally cringed at this look. Someone…anyone introduce this girl to a bra. Or even better, get her a new stylist because this look should be illegal. 34 Herve Leger dresses, you have got to be kidding me! You are so right FC this is going to be long and painful!

18. Jeremy May 25, 2012 at 15:03 #

erm …

she literally looks TERRIFIED, bless her.

the outfit is terrible, obviously. but i don’t think she – or her fans – care. and people are gonna turn in to watch her on the show, whether because they love her or because they’re looking for a trainwreck.

19. Oscar May 25, 2012 at 15:10 #

Aw, I know she NEEDS a stylist and everything but believe it or not, she did some effort here. and yes, of course she needs a stylist. Please FC, dont’ stop posting about her. I’d love to read from here everything she wears for the X Factor. thank you so much for this blog. This is my life now. Lol.

20. EmmaWoodhouse May 25, 2012 at 15:23 #

This is so bad I will need a lot more Cannes gorgeousness to get over it. :D

21. Nat May 25, 2012 at 15:35 #

OMG, this is actually giving me shivers down my spine.
    And no, not in a good way.

22. Icee May 25, 2012 at 15:55 #

Wait, this is a huge improvement for Britney! :D She seems almost “covered” here :D I like the padded shoulders and length of the sleeves…maybe it means that she will be sloooowly improving ;)
    Is it possible that she chose the black pumps because of the black zipper in the back of that dress? Otherwise it doesn’t make any sense…

Btw, these pictures are bad, she seemed quite fine or even happy in other ones. I don’t think it was necessary to pick these two..

And, Nicole Kidman was in Cannes in L’Wren Scott also sans bra, not even with nipple covers, and her dress was see-through. And no one seemed to care. Why the buzz now?

Anyway, I concur with Oscar: please, FC, keep us updated on her in X Factor ;)

23. Marybeth May 25, 2012 at 16:31 #

I don’t think any of us here expect Britney to be an icon of high fashion! She’s always had a sort of down-home, working-class vibe to her, which IMO is part of her charm.
    The challenge for her is to not look trashy, or to not look like a teenager who’s grabbed onto the latest supposedly-sexy fad. (The “latest” fad all too often being circa 2000.)

She’s a beautiful young woman and I’d love to see her find a better presentation of herself.

24. Sabina May 25, 2012 at 17:21 #

Aside from the sad fashion, I have to add that she really needs to do something about those eyebrows…the beached look plus the dark makeup ruins her face too and makes her look even cheaper…

25. ellie. May 25, 2012 at 17:31 #

sorry but firstly… who wears a dress like that without a bra?

secondly.. who dresses like that if they havn’t worked out for the last 5 years of their life

thirdly… she has no eyebrows? or they are just incredibly unkept.

• rita May 25, 2012 at 18:19 #

She doesn’t look like a toothpick( thank god!) and I am pretty sure she works out. The girl gave birth twice and I truly think she has a fantastic toned body! She just doesn’t know how to dress her body type.

26. justme May 25, 2012 at 17:57 #

Some Britney fans are embarrassing. You let her get away with everything out of nostalgia.

She doesn’t look good, let’s not play games.

• Lashae May 25, 2012 at 23:30 #

ITA. When someone looks bad, I don’t think people should bite their tongue b/c it Britney Spears or any other star. When you don’t look, you just don’t look good.

27. rita May 25, 2012 at 18:24 #

I am going to get burned for saying this but something tells me this woman is still bipolar!She never seems happy and everything she does she does by obligation. I know she has to make end meets like everybody else but on every picture, she has fake smiles and she looks uncomfortable. The only pictures she looks happy is when she’s with her boys. I am no fan but she must be the most miserable celebrity I have ever seen! It’s as if someone was forcing her to work, for what reason? Sad! Fashionwise, even sadder :-(

28. sandy May 25, 2012 at 18:51 #

i actually don’t have a problem with the dress itself – but i feel she’s a bit too top heavy for it.

29. Incroyable May 25, 2012 at 18:58 #

LOVE BRITNEY! But she has no style. None, zero. To those bringing up her breakdown 5 years ago and the events that followed, that has nothing to do with it. She NEVER had style.
    This look is not awful, but it’s not appropriate. Belongs in a club not on a star. I seriously hope she does not have a stylist, that would be the saddest thing ever.

She needs a stylist, makeup artist, hairstylist and modeling coach to teach her how to pose (looking at you Victoria Beckham). She has more than enough money (Top earning female entertainer of the past year) and power to get the best of the bests.
    GET IT TOGETHER TEAM BRITNEY!

30. Courteney May 25, 2012 at 23:48 #

I think she looks good! I don’t like the shoes but all things considering this is at least a step in a better direction for her. Gotta love Britney for being real. She tries so hard bless her heart!

31. Rachel May 26, 2012 at 02:53 #

One of these days her makeup artist will appropriately fill in her eyebrows…

32. Joy May 26, 2012 at 04:17 #

I am starting to feel very sorry for this poor girl.

33. Ayesha May 26, 2012 at 05:19 #

seeing this look,including her posture and all-and i’m like ‘OH DEAR LORD!!’

34. Angie May 26, 2012 at 16:17 #

Her make up annoys me. Where are the eye brows?She looks like she just woke up hungover and half her make stayed on. Eye brows. Apparently she has alaways the same stylist because her outfits/costumes for her live shows aren’t better either but rather to small, to tight (so that her genitals showed once) and to uncompfortable to dance in.

35. Rodrigo May 26, 2012 at 16:22 #

I like it, I think is cute and fun… I don’t see the stripclub anywhere!

I think we’re always so bad with her & for once she looks kinda of good & I dare to say that kind of sexy.

36. Clover May 28, 2012 at 21:26 #

Bless her, she either looks cold or terrified to be there.

37. UNA June 1, 2012 at 01:40 #

I HAVE NEVER SEEN HER LOOK THIS BAD IN ALL THE YEARS. THE HAIR AND MAKEUP IS HORRIFIC AND THE DRESS IS TERRIBLE. IS SHE SO DELUDED SHE CANT SEE HOW BAD SHE LOOKS. SOMEBODY HELP THIS WOMEN STARTING WITH HER BRAIN.

38. luka June 1, 2012 at 01:45 #

Fire the makeup artist and the stylist Britney need help fast. Oh Dear its all in such bad taste Haaaahaaaa!

39. Roger June 8, 2012 at 22:17 #

She looks like a redneck fire the hole team for letting her walk out the door looking like she dose