Menu

24.05.12 Premiere

Nicole Kidman In Lanvin – ‘The Paperboy’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Nicole Kidman opted for a simple elegant look on the red carpet tonight for ‘The Paperboy’ Cannes Film Festival premiere.

Many of you had your fingers crossed that she would be wearing Chanel, but she opted for a Lanvin gown which was custom-made by Alber Elbaz.

The rose tulle silk pleated one-shoulder gown with an embroidered crystal detailing was styled with ivory Casadei sandals.

Her classic, elegant gown didn’t give me the wow I was hoping for. But she looked beautiful nonetheless.

A side-parted bun with a few pieces framing her face and diamond Cartier jewels completed her look.

Yay or nay?

Credit: Getty

Heidi Klum In Marchesa - 'The Paperboy' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Heidi Klum In Marchesa – ‘The Paperboy’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Milla Jovovich in Atelier Versace - 2012 amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Milla Jovovich in Atelier Versace – 2012 amfAR’s Cinema Against AIDS Gala

83 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Lanvin – ‘The Paperboy’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Érica G. de Oliveira May 27, 2012 at 16:46 #

Nicole Kidman are BEAUTIFUL, SEXY AND PERFECT! I LOVEEEEEEEE THIS LOOK!

2. Th May 26, 2012 at 10:35 #

yay!

3. Jassy May 26, 2012 at 06:01 #

The color of Nicole’s gown goes perfectly with her coloring and that strap across the back is beautiful. So simple yet so elegant.

YAY!!!

4. maggy May 25, 2012 at 16:41 #

A definite yay from me!

5. Martina May 25, 2012 at 13:22 #

I love this look from head to toe! The hair, the dress (and its color), the shoes and the jewelry are perfection! I love this a lot better than her previous looks, even those from 2001 and 2003! This is so Nicole’s style and she looks beautiful!

6. manja May 25, 2012 at 11:12 #

I went WOW when saw this,gorgeus look all the way,and even her left brest visibile she looks classy and lady like!wow to that too

7. Natalie19 May 25, 2012 at 10:05 #

I absolutely love this!!!

I am not a big fan of Nicole, but this is just stunning! This color on her is perfection…

For me it now competes with Diane’s blue goddess dress

8. Renata May 25, 2012 at 08:37 #

No wow factor?? She looks unbelievable! This look is absolutly gorgeous, the back is amazing and the color compliments her skin so beautifuly.

9. Beta May 25, 2012 at 08:14 #

absolutely LOVE. she looks stunning!

10. Jeremy May 25, 2012 at 07:44 #

easily BDOTW for me. she’s absolutely radiant.

some people shine brighter than others.

think of Whitney Houston. seriously – even when she was at her worst, she could still TURN OUT a red carpet and be a superstar.

Nicole Kidman has a similar presence. She’s just a STAR. there’s no denying it. and when you give her a gorgeous dress like this, nobody shines brighter.

11. Cecelia May 25, 2012 at 07:29 #

Stunning. A big WOW on this dress. The color, fit and style are perfect for her. She’s beautiful. Definitely BDOTW and a contender for BDOTY.

12. Tahlia May 25, 2012 at 07:22 #

You’re a hard women to please FC! This is one of my fav looks so far this week, I love the style and colour – she looks positively gorgeous!

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2012 at 08:31 #

I said it lacked the wow factor I was looking for. I was hoping for a Galliano-early-days-Nicole type of wow. I didn’t say I didn’t like it

13. bee7 May 25, 2012 at 06:59 #

beautiful, albeit slightly forgettable. i love the strap for providing an interesting twist.

14. Cindy May 25, 2012 at 06:19 #

Beautiful dress, love the back!

15. Leeksie May 25, 2012 at 05:54 #

Her in this dress really reminds me of Grace Kelly!

16. Jennesia May 25, 2012 at 02:59 #

I think I cried a bit when I saw this. She looks so gorgeous.

17. The Beauty Philosopher May 25, 2012 at 02:36 #

Huge YAY from me – flawless and stunning.

FC not sure if you have come across this but Nic is on the cover of the latest Australian Harper’s Bazaar. It is a stunning shot of her with her youngest daughter. Just beautiful.

• Fashion Critic May 25, 2012 at 08:37 #

Nope. I have been focused on Cannes for the past 10 days

18. Jess2 May 25, 2012 at 01:22 #

This was definitely a WOW moment for me. I think this look (and some others from Cannes) is the best Nicole has looked in a long time. That dress is beautiful and the colour, style and fit is just perfect on her, very much in love with this look and it makes my BDOTD/BDOTW list

19. Amy May 25, 2012 at 00:34 #

YAY! she looks divine. Everything is right in that look: the shape of the dress, the color, the back and the makeup, that’s a win!

20. mimi May 25, 2012 at 00:29 #

YAYAYYAYAY
    more I look at her in this dress, more I love this look. It’s uber elegant. this isn’t a color we get to see very often on the red carpet and it looks amazing with Nicole’s complexion.

21. Fiona May 25, 2012 at 00:16 #

Gorgeous!!! The colour is amazing (what would you call it .. pomegranate?) and the fit is amazing, serene, sexy all at the same time. Love her hair, she is beautiful.

22. Linda May 25, 2012 at 00:00 #

It gave me a big WOW because the colour and style are divine on her. I love her hair colour too. She has not looked this good in ages. Finally, a custom gown with impeccable fit that is perfectly flattering in colour and style.